• 126(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
(2017-03-23, 19:44)trogggy Wrote:
(2017-03-23, 19:27)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote:
(2017-03-23, 19:15)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote: Never mind. Found it in Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.xonfluence\settings.xml

Going to change and see if it works.

Nope... that didn't work. Helly, can you advise if what I'm trying to do is possible?
It's very possible, but your path is not valid.
See the wiki for valid paths - I think what you're looking for is:
Quote:special://masterprofile/Custom Build Images
That will point to a 'Custom Build Images' folder in userdata on any platform.

Thank you very much! I appreciate the help in pointing out my mistake. I removed '/kodi/' from the file path and used this instead: special://userdata/

Worked like a charm! :-)
4GB ODROID N2 64GB eMMC, Asus i3 Chromebox 128GB, Nvidia Shield TV Pro, Wetek Hub, AFTV
CoreELEC Nightly, LibreELEC 9.2, Kodi 20.2 
LG 65" OLED C9 and Integra DRX 3.4 w/ Dirac Live Atmos 5.1.2
Onto my next issues. I have a few missing shortcuts to some Addons on my main menus.

I noticed this is a result of having added the shortcuts in Linux or Android instead of my normal MS Windows build. Is there a way I can fix these shortcuts so they appear regardless of what operating system I used to add them?
4GB ODROID N2 64GB eMMC, Asus i3 Chromebox 128GB, Nvidia Shield TV Pro, Wetek Hub, AFTV
Use notepad to search icon.png now change all those paths to special.
(2017-03-23, 20:32)ed_davidson Wrote: Use notepad to search icon.png now change all those paths to special.

Thank you! Yup... the missing thumbnails had android file paths.
(2017-03-23, 20:48)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote:
(2017-03-23, 20:32)ed_davidson Wrote: Use notepad to search icon.png now change all those paths to special.

Any particular reason why I changed all the android file paths to special://, but only a few thumbnails were fixed? Quite a few thumbnails are still not showing.
(2017-03-19, 20:43)kenmills Wrote: Thanks SO much for replying Helly, I know you must be swamped with this!

Yes I think it is related to #1830

Yes to setup YouTube I just selected menu item then 'add-on' then 'youtube'

I have found more info, it actual works kind of, it just flashes to the add-on screen briefly before heading back to the home screen. My problem is that I have Master Lock on, due to kids and other messing with the add-ons! :-)

You can easily reproduce if you enable Master Lock and lock down add-ons and file browser. Then add YouTube to your Home screen menu. Then open YouTube and use the back button. You get prompted for a Master Lock code.This happens with all video add-ons, even ones that you add using Video Node, like PlexMBC. I setup a Video node from the home screen to go to the "latest added" vids sub folder in Plex, but when I open it form the home screen and then use the back button, it does not go back to the home screen but it goes back to the parent folder in PlexMBC. Then if I go Back, Back it eventually prompts me for the Master Lock code.

With the master lock code disabled, I see that, just before it goes to the home screen, it flashes to the File Folders screen. That is what is causing the Master Lock to fire up I think.

Thanks for your help!!!

Cheers,
Ken

(2017-03-19, 19:42)Helly1206 Wrote:
(2017-03-19, 07:23)kenmills Wrote: Hi there,
First let me say a HUGE thanks for this skin, it is AWESOME!

I just upgraded to Kodi Krypton and I am noticing a strange behavior, I am hoping either it is a setting or an easy fix. A quick read of the forums shows that a few folks are asking for a similar fix...

I have setup a custom home screen with a main heading called YouTube (which uses video node), which opens the YouTube add-on. That works perfectly, and i can then browse to "Popular Now" or "Browse Channels" etc. The problem happen when I use the Back button.

It goes back fine to the main YouTube page but the the last BACK, when it should go back to the home screen. Instead it goes back to the Add-ons list.

I can recreate this issue every time. If I click on YouTube from the home screen and then click the Back button. It takes me to the video Add-ons instead of the home screen again.

Is there a setting I can change?

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide.
Cheers,
Ken

I think it's related to #1830.

I'm sorry but I cannot reproduce. How did you setup youtube on your home screen? Just 'select menu item' then 'add-on' then 'youtube'? This works as it should on my system on kodi Krypton.

Thanks,
Helly.

Hi,

Thanks for your work.I will check later on if this is a kodi related thing or if I'm possible to solve it in Xonfluence. But in most cases kodi control the back button functionality.

Helly.
(2017-03-22, 04:06)kenmills Wrote: Hi again,

I also notice that the Video Calibration (under Display) is now only available under the Expert settings. This used to be under the Basic settings previously. Is this a function of Kodi or something that can be changed in the skin?

It's a small thing but the video calibration is a great and easy to use tool, and it may be a bit fiddly for users to go into the Expert settings to reach it.

Cheers,
Ken

Hi,

This is definitely a kodi thing. I (as a skinner) don't have access to the contents of the settings menu's.

helly.
(2017-03-22, 17:23)ReignOfTheTech Wrote: I am noticing an odd behavior with latest version of skin (3.3.17) on Krypton and wondering if it is related to the skin or not but I don't recall this happening before I updated to newest version.

I have set up my Kodi just how I want it on my PC but when I go to install it onto my other devices in the house (Nvidia Shields) or even onto my laptop the settings in System / System / Add-ons changes from the way I set it which is (install updates automatically) to (Never Check For Updates)...

Is this intended as a default or something? Or is it not the skin update that is causing this issue?

Thank you.

Hi,

I think this is also not skin related as settings for updates are not part of the skin.

Helly.
(2017-03-24, 05:04)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote:
(2017-03-23, 20:48)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote:

Any particular reason why I changed all the android file paths to special://, but only a few thumbnails were fixed? Quite a few thumbnails are still not showing.

Hi,

You can probably check the log-file. It should mention a warning that a thumbnail is not found.You can probably check if the path is correct or if the log-file mentions another reason fori t.

Helly.
(2017-03-24, 08:35)Helly1206 Wrote:
(2017-03-24, 05:04)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote:
(2017-03-23, 20:48)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote: Thank you! Yup... the missing thumbnails had android file paths.

Hi,

You can probably check the log-file. It should mention a warning that a thumbnail is not found.You can probably check if the path is correct or if the log-file mentions another reason fori t.

Helly.

Delete the thumbnails and try again. If they are not showing either the path is wrong or that particular addon does not exist.
(2017-03-24, 15:33)ed_davidson Wrote:
(2017-03-24, 08:35)Helly1206 Wrote:
(2017-03-24, 05:04)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote: Any particular reason why I changed all the android file paths to special://, but only a few thumbnails were fixed? Quite a few thumbnails are still not showing.

Hi,

Helly.

Delete the thumbnails and try again. If they are not showing either the path is wrong or that particular addon does not exist.

Thanx for the input guys. Deleting thumbnails did the trick.
Thanks Helly, for your time and effort to reply. No worries about the Calibration but I look forward to see if you can solve the "back" button issue.
Cheers,
Ken
If I would like to create a sub menu link (from the homepage) that went directly to the "Video Calibration" function in the Settings, what would be the procedure and code/query string?

Cheers,
Ken
Hi Guys,

Im not sure if this is in the skin settings or the guisettings, But im looking for the line in the .xml file which controls the Library Media View type. Basically I want to see the media number in the xml file.

I tried changing it in one skin but this was not reflected in the other skin so im gussing its not in the guisettings.

Thanks
As far as I am aware the view types (for videos) are defined here:

Kodi > addons > skin.xonfluence > 720p > MyVideoNav.xml

and Kodi saves your preferences in:

Kodi > userdata > Database > ViewModes6.db

Is that what you are looking for? Hope this helps Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
  • 126(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13