• 185(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
(2021-05-08, 22:15)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-08, 21:49)rafikW Wrote:
(2021-05-08, 20:17)bsoriano Wrote: @rafikW, yes, please do, that's the addon as far as I know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Answer is here: https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/coreele...trix/15706
@rafikW , thanks.  Can you please try the latest from Git? I changed the code to reflect the answer you provided.  Please let me know if you are now seeing the values that you expect.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,
Yes, now AMLogic video processing values are presented.
Many thanks!
(2021-05-09, 05:10)jmh2002 Wrote: Hi Bart,

I'm not sure if it's a problem on my side but adding a Widget via Custom Widgets - Favourites doesn't seem to be working for me on LibreElec (clicking Custom Widgets - Favourites does nothing) but it IS working on Windows.

Huh

(2021-05-09, 09:02)jmh2002 Wrote: I also seem to have a memory leak leading to a freeze on my LibreElec device. Can you please give me a link to download the Skin version before 4.1.0 so that I can test this properly?

In addition, the appearance of the video widget now seems different depending on whether Poster or Thumbnail is chosen under Widget Format. Poster shows the large black frame around the images, Thumbnail does not.

Is this a bug? (let me know if you need a screenshot)

Overall I seem to have had some strange behaviour start on my LibreElec device and I'm not really sure why. But it seems to be connected to the skin (and/or the widgets) because if I switch to Estuary I don't have any memory leak.

THANKS Smile

Ok, sorry for the alarm. Seems to be some corruption on my side and a fresh install and some thorough checks have solved the memory leak I think.

But the two items in bold above still seem to be an issue.

THANKS Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2021-05-09, 11:28)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2021-05-09, 05:10)jmh2002 Wrote: Hi Bart,

I'm not sure if it's a problem on my side but adding a Widget via Custom Widgets - Favourites doesn't seem to be working for me on LibreElec (clicking Custom Widgets - Favourites does nothing) but it IS working on Windows.

Huh

(2021-05-09, 09:02)jmh2002 Wrote: I also seem to have a memory leak leading to a freeze on my LibreElec device. Can you please give me a link to download the Skin version before 4.1.0 so that I can test this properly?

In addition, the appearance of the video widget now seems different depending on whether Poster or Thumbnail is chosen under Widget Format. Poster shows the large black frame around the images, Thumbnail does not.

Is this a bug? (let me know if you need a screenshot)

Overall I seem to have had some strange behaviour start on my LibreElec device and I'm not really sure why. But it seems to be connected to the skin (and/or the widgets) because if I switch to Estuary I don't have any memory leak.

THANKS Smile

Ok, sorry for the alarm. Seems to be some corruption on my side and a fresh install and some thorough checks have solved the memory leak I think.

But the two items in bold above still seem to be an issue.

THANKS Smile
@jmh2002, I will check the first issue, I have not looked at that part of the code yet.  As for the second, that is how the code is, I did not change that.  I will test the skin in Leia to see if it looked different.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @jmh2002 , I checked the Custom-Favourites widget in a LibreELEC virtual machine, and it worked fine.  Do you have favourites enabled in Xonfluence settings? and, of course and I apologize for asking, do you have the favourites addon installed and enabled?

The setting in Xonfluence is this one:

Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-05-09, 09:26)rafikW Wrote:
(2021-05-08, 22:15)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-08, 21:49)rafikW Wrote: Answer is here: https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/coreele...trix/15706
@rafikW , thanks.  Can you please try the latest from Git? I changed the code to reflect the answer you provided.  Please let me know if you are now seeing the values that you expect.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,
Yes, now AMLogic video processing values are presented.
Many thanks!
@rafikW , great! Thanks for confirming.  I have not forgotten about removing the shadow from the seek bar, I will work on that today.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
just want to say 'Bart, your a star' - imo Xonfluence is one of the best skins out there and its awesome you've taken it on for matrix 19.  keep up the good work.
(2021-05-09, 18:23)udangaribaldi Wrote: just want to say 'Bart, your a star' - imo Xonfluence is one of the best skins out there and its awesome you've taken it on for matrix 19.  keep up the good work.
@udangaribaldi , thank you so much for your kind words! Smile

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-05-08, 12:31)rafikW Wrote: Hi Bart,
My next small contribution :-)
Line 1693 in Includes.xml:
            <label>$INFO[System.Date]</label>

can be replaced by:
            <label>$INFO[System.Date] $INFO[System.CPUTemperature,,]</label>

As the result next to the date presented we can see current CPU temperature which is quite important (at least in my opinion)
If CPU temperature is increasing for whatever reason it might be dangerous and cause device's failure.

Also would like to back to my previous request for DialogPlayerProcessInfo.xml
I have modified it so it shows AMLogic hardware and video info:

You responded that you can't use it as users might have different, non-AMLogic devices which is fine, but is it possible to detect at the skin's installation what hardware platform installation is performing on and in case it is AMLogic based SoC, appropriate DialogPlayerProcessInfo.xml is installed?

And the last kind of issue what would be nice to see it is implemented:
at the video pause, bottom subtitles are covered ("shadowed") so it's impossible to read them:

In above screenshot it's almost not visible but there is a text: "Dostałem nowe akta z Ma"

Would it be possible to get rid those "shadows" at the subtitle position when pause is pressed so the subtitle would be readable?

All the best Bart,
@rafikW , could you please try the latest from GitHub? I have added a new setting to hide the shadow behind the seek bar when paused.  The new setting is here:

The new setting only shows up if you have "Enable video info and seekbar on pause" activated.  Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-05-09, 19:15)bsoriano Wrote:

can be replaced by:

As the result next to the date presented we can see current CPU temperature which is quite important (at least in my opinion)
If CPU temperature is increasing for whatever reason it might be dangerous and cause device's failure.

You responded that you can't use it as users might have different, non-AMLogic devices which is fine, but is it possible to detect at the skin's installation what hardware platform installation is performing on and in case it is AMLogic based SoC, appropriate DialogPlayerProcessInfo.xml is installed?

at the video pause, bottom subtitles are covered ("shadowed") so it's impossible to read them:

In above screenshot it's almost not visible but there is a text: "Dostałem nowe akta z Ma"

Would it be possible to get rid those "shadows" at the subtitle position when pause is pressed so the subtitle would be readable?

All the best Bart,
@rafikW , could you please try the latest from GitHub? I have added a new setting to hide the shadow behind the seek bar when paused.  The new setting is here:

The new setting only shows up if you have "Enable video info and seekbar on pause" activated.  Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Bart: absolutely amazing! Finally I can read a sentence at pause!
One small correction request...
Please take a look how it looks now:
Could you please move a progress bar around 20 pixels up?

Also I don't know if other users agree but maybe better position for End time estimation would be at the end of progress bar inline with video parameters instead of under it?

If those small corrections would be possible then I would be very happy :-)
(2021-05-09, 19:42)rafikW Wrote: One small correction request...

Won't this vary depending on the size of the subtitles text being used? So 20 pixels for you might be too much for some and not enough for others? (to avoid any conflict I put the subtitles at the top of the screen for Skins that display the OSD at the bottom)

(2021-05-09, 19:42)rafikW Wrote: Also I don't know if other users agree but maybe better position for End time estimation would be at the end of progress bar inline with video parameters instead of under it?

I believe that the End time at the right hand side is in line with the progress bar so that it matches symmetrically with the Start time at the left hand side. It's visible in your first screenshot above.

I don't think it's necessary to move those items.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
(2021-05-09, 09:02)jmh2002 Wrote: Can you please give me a link to download the Skin version before 4.1.0 so that I can test this properly?

THANKS Smile

Hi Bart, can I please have that older version of the Skin to make some tests (and maybe screenshots) before commenting on my other problems?

THANKS Smile
(2021-05-09, 22:09)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2021-05-09, 09:02)jmh2002 Wrote: Can you please give me a link to download the Skin version before 4.1.0 so that I can test this properly?

THANKS Smile

Hi Bart, can I please have that older version of the Skin to make some tests (and maybe screenshots) before commenting on my other problems?

THANKS Smile
@jmh2002 , of course, here it is: https://github.com/Helly1206/skin.xonflu...master.zip

I understand that version works in Matrix, but I am not sure how well.  So please be careful when testing, so that you do not mention as issues things I have already fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-05-09, 22:04)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2021-05-09, 19:42)rafikW Wrote: One small correction request...

Won't this vary depending on the size of the subtitles text being used? So 20 pixels for you might be too much for some and not enough for others? (to avoid any conflict I put the subtitles at the top of the screen for Skins that display the OSD at the bottom)
(2021-05-09, 19:42)rafikW Wrote: Also I don't know if other users agree but maybe better position for End time estimation would be at the end of progress bar inline with video parameters instead of under it?

I believe that the End time at the right hand side is in line with the progress bar so that it matches symmetrically with the Start time at the left hand side. It's visible in your first screenshot above.

I don't think it's necessary to move those items.
@jmh2002 , what is shown on the right of the progress bar is the total duration, not end time.  End time is shown below the progress bar.  I like @rafikW 's idea, since in my case the progress bar also disrupts the subtitles (I use subtitles extensively, since English is not my native language, and I dislike having subtitles on top, I have seen subtitles at the bottom all my life).

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-05-09, 19:42)rafikW Wrote:
(2021-05-09, 19:15)bsoriano Wrote:

can be replaced by:

All the best Bart,

Regards,

Bart

Also I don't know if other users agree but maybe better position for End time estimation would be at the end of progress bar inline with video parameters instead of under it?

@rafikW , how does this look to you?

The changes are already on GitHub.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-05-09, 22:29)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-09, 19:42)rafikW Wrote:
(2021-05-09, 19:15)bsoriano Wrote: @rafikW , could you please try the latest from GitHub? I have added a new setting to hide the shadow behind the seek bar when paused.  The new setting is here:

Regards,

Bart

Regards,

Bart
Bart: what to say? Simple one word: PERFECT!

Now the only one remaining smallest tweak: add CPU Temp and that would be all what I was dreaming and thanks to you it has come true :-)

EDIT... Sorry Bart but I checked with few other movies and series and apparently that was my wrong suggestion to move "End time" to that position.
When the title of the movie is long then the result is not so nice:

so maybe solution would be to move Pause icon below current time elapsed and End time below total time of the movie as presented above on screenshot?
(2021-05-09, 23:00)rafikW Wrote:
(2021-05-09, 22:29)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-09, 19:42)rafikW Wrote: Bart: absolutely amazing! Finally I can read a sentence at pause!

Regards,

Bart
Bart: what to say? Simple one word: PERFECT!

Now the only one remaining smallest tweak: add CPU Temp and that would be all what I was dreaming and thanks to you it has come true :-)

EDIT... Sorry Bart but I checked with few other movies and series and apparently that was my wrong suggestion to move "End time" to that position.
When the title of the movie is long then the result is not so nice:

so maybe solution would be to move Pause icon below current time elapsed and End time below total time of the movie as presented above on screenshot?
@rafikW , I made some changes to positioning which I think cover all scenarios, and this is what I came up with:

As you can see, with these changes the OSD is shown without interference as well.  What do you think?

In terms of the CPU temperature, it did not really make much sense to me to display it next to the date, so instead I decided to show it below the date.  In order for it to show, you need to enable a new setting here:

The CPU temp will show below the date (or by itself if showing the clock and date are disabled).  It is important to note that if Kodi reports the temp as "Not available", or you are on the home window, the clock and date are being displayed, and the menu item has a widget showing, then the CPU temp will not be shown.

Please test and let me know if this what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
  • 185(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13