• 192(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
(2021-05-27, 23:52)jmh2002 Wrote: Hi Bart, in addition to my above post I noted another small bug during testing and use yesterday. Sometimes the Weather is not hidden when the 'Working' notification is displayed at the top left corner.

You can see them both mixed together in the following screenshot:

@jmh2002 , the code is there to hide the info if notifications at top left is enabled and the busy dialog is visible.  I have not been able to replicate this issue.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-05-28, 00:11)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-05-27, 12:23)StrangeQuark Wrote: Hi Bart,

I would like to report a regression.
When one of the Menu Items is a playlist, the widget doesn't respect the sort order of the playlist and displays the items in random order.
In previous versions, it was displayed in correct order.

Thank you for your efforts!
@StrangeQuark , thanks for reporting this.  I have just fixed it.  Please test the latest from GitHub and let me know if it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

@bsoriano 
Hi Bart,

I didn't expect such a fast fix!
Unfortunately, there are still some issues with playlists:
* The widget order is now alphabetic, not the sort order of the playlist
* The widget works well with movies, but not with TV Shows:
    * My MenuItem is selected to playlist of TV Shows with configuration "Episodes"
    * If widget format is a poster - The show name is shown, but clicking on it does nothing
    * If widget format is a thumbnail - It shows an empty square with a name that concatenates show name + last episode number (or something like that)
    * I expect for TV Shows:
         * If MenuItem is selected as "Episodes", it should show a list of episodes
* I think it would be nice to have some configuration for the Widgets, for example: Don't show watched items
* Additional nonrelated issue: RandomArt background doesn't work

Thank you for your hard work!
(2021-05-28, 08:16)StrangeQuark Wrote:

When one of the Menu Items is a playlist, the widget doesn't respect the sort order of the playlist and displays the items in random order.

@StrangeQuark , thanks for reporting this.  I have just fixed it.  Please test the latest from GitHub and let me know if it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

@bsoriano 
Hi Bart,

* The widget order is now alphabetic, not the sort order of the playlist
    * If widget format is a poster - The show name is shown, but clicking on it does nothing
    * If widget format is a thumbnail - It shows an empty square with a name that concatenates show name + last episode number (or something like that)
    * I expect for TV Shows:
* I think it would be nice to have some configuration for the Widgets, for example: Don't show watched items

@StrangeQuark , thanks for the additional feedback.

In terms of the playlist as a widget, as far as I was able to investigate, if the playlist order was being respected in previous versions of the skin, it is probably because the skin was using an addon to display the playlist widgets.  That addon is no longer available in Matrix.

However, with the current Xonfluence code, you can have the widget in playlist order.  You just need to edit the playlist you are using (via the Kodi GUI smart playlist editor), and change the "Group by" from "None" to "Default".  It seems to be some sort of Kodi quirk which messes up the order (it renders it alphabetical by default if no sort order is explicitly set by the skin) if the Group by is None.  Do this for any playlist that you intend to use as a widget.

In terms of the other issues that you mention, I will look at them next. 

One caveat is that I will not be providing, at this time, any additional widget configuration options other than what is already available.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-05-28, 08:16)StrangeQuark Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

@bsoriano 
Hi Bart,

* I expect for TV Shows:

@StrangeQuark , in regards to the other issues besides the playlist order (I answered about that one in my previous post):

1.  Xonfluence will now ask you when you assign a video playlist to a menu item if the playlist is a Movie, TV Show, Episode or Music Video (Concert) playlist.  I have to ask, since in Matrix I cannot determine automatically the type of playlist content (in previous versions Xonfluence used an addon for playlists, that addon is not available in Matrix).  

This refers to the content of the playlist, and Xonfluence will display items of that type.  Thus, if the playlist is a tv show playlist, Xonfluence will show tv show items, not episode items in the widget.  If you set the incorrect type, what will happen is that most likely the display of the widget information will not be what you expect.  

So, the selection dialog looks like this now:

In the example in these screenshots, I set up my "In Progress TV Shows" playlist as menu item 13, with Thumbnail as the format, and random fanart (my apologies for the screenshot shows Live background as the background when it is really Radom FanArt) as the background:

The result is this:

The widget is in playlist order (ensure Group By is default and not none in the playlist editor for the playlist), and now when you select Thumbnail for a TV show widget, Xonfluence shows the tvshow landscape as the artwork, or the tv show fanart if the landscape is not available.  Episode widgets continue to work as before, showing the episode thumb as the artwork.

For episode widgets, if you select Poster as the format, the season poster is shown if available; if not, the tv show poster is shown.

The background for this widget is random tv shows fanart, as it is a tv shows widget.  If it were a movie widget it would show random movie fanart, and for episode widgets it shows random tv shows fanart.

For the random fanart feature to work, you need script.grab.fanart installed and enabled in your system.  My understanding is that the script is in the Kodi Matrix repo.

When you click on an item of the widget in the example above, since it is a tv show widget, Xonfluence will open that tv show.  If it were a movie, episode or music video widget, Xonfluence would play the item directly.

Please download the latest from GitHub, test, and let me know how it goes.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Hello,
Thanks for your continued work on this skin.  Its great!

I had a humble request.  I use "large fonts" for the skin, and this makes some text a little off. 

1) Where the "aired" and "runtime" texts are shown in the episode selection screen, they overlap so the aired date is cutoff.Image

2) In some dialogues, the highlight box is not centered on the text.

I really appreciate your work on this skin.  If this is a simple fix, just wanted to let you know.

Thanks so much.
(2021-05-30, 14:53)Jherb Wrote: Hello,

I had a humble request.  I use "large fonts" for the skin, and this makes some text a little off. 

1) Where the "aired" and "runtime" texts are shown in the episode selection screen, they overlap so the aired date is cutoff.Image

I really appreciate your work on this skin.  If this is a simple fix, just wanted to let you know.

Thanks so much.

@Jherb, thanks for the feedback. I will look into those issues over the next few days.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Hey Bart,

I just noticed that I can't seem to change the location of subtitles when playing a video from my library.  I have used the screen calibration to move the me down to the bottom, but it doesn't seem to affect it, and they always show in the same location.

Is this something that is a Kodi issue, or can it be amended in the skin?

Thanks!
Ken
Some types of subtitles can't be moved or changed regardless.
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
(2021-05-30, 22:49)VonMagnum Wrote: Some types of subtitles can't be moved or changed regardless.

Hey Von,  Are you referring to hard coded subs?  I know that if they are hard coded, they are part of the actual video file.

The subs I am referring to are the built in MKV subs, that are separate streams (as in, if you open them in mkvtolnix, the subs are a separate item), can be turned on and off with the T key.

Cheers,
Ken
(2021-05-31, 13:25)kenmills Wrote:
(2021-05-30, 22:49)VonMagnum Wrote: Some types of subtitles can't be moved or changed regardless.

Hey Von,  Are you referring to hard coded subs?  I know that if they are hard coded, they are part of the actual video file.

The subs I am referring to are the built in MKV subs, that are separate streams (as in, if you open them in mkvtolnix, the subs are a separate item), can be turned on and off with the T key.

Cheers,
Ken

Position for subs in SRT format can be set in Player - Language menu. There are options: Fixed, Bottom of video, Below video, Top of video, Above video.
Position for PGS subs format is fixed and is not following those options listed above.
Don't know for other subs formats.
(2021-05-30, 14:53)Jherb Wrote: Hello,

Thanks so much.
@Jherb , please try the latest from GitHub; I have made some changes to media views to better handle the larger font.  I could not determine from which dialog is the second screenshot that you provided, please let me know which one it is so I can fix the highlight box issue there.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Thank you for the fixes. 
What I noticed is that when there is an episode length, it fits well in the border for the view.

When there is no runtime, the words run off the edge of the screen border line. 

Perhaps the whole "aired" and "runtime" can be moved over to the left more?
Or whatever other suggestion you may have?
(2021-06-01, 19:44)Jherb Wrote: Thank you for the fixes. 
What I noticed is that when there is an episode length, it fits well in the border for the view.

When there is no runtime, the words run off the edge of the screen border line. 

Perhaps the whole "aired" and "runtime" can be moved over to the left more?
Or whatever other suggestion you may have?
@Jherb , thanks, I had not noticed that in my tests.  Please try the latest from GitHub.  Runtime should not appear if empty, or it should say N/A instead of Not available.  Please let me know any other issues that you find.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Thank you.  It looks like its working now as you described with the large font.  Appreciate the fix!
I saw recently people asked something I was wondering too, when this skin can be added to some repo. I see there was mention about adding it to the official Kodi addon repository?
1. Would it not be possible to host the skin on a private repository, like the original Xonfluence is hosted on this hellyrepo?
2. Until the skin is available on a repo, is there some shortcut way to add a more direct update path for non-PC devices? On some Android TV devices it's quite the hassle to have to move USB sticks and copy files with those Android file managers.
Is there some way to add something inside kodi, like a network location, or anything, so that the most updated version of the skin can be installed?
  • 192(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13