• 196(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
(2021-06-14, 19:58)udangaribaldi Wrote: hi Bart 
this is more of an irk rather than an issue or bug.  it is about the position of the 'reset skin' setting in the settings the one with the big traffic sign lol - it is at the same level as the submenu button   
- and if you back'd out, on that settings page previously, when you do click skin settings again, the 'reset skin' setting is already highlighted by my mouse - i use a pc with a mouse and sometimes i double-click when i shouldnt 
- and sod's law, been caught a few times lol and had to re-do Smile
@udangaribaldi , I do not think there is much I can do here, since if you press the button, you still get a dialog asking to confirm, and you have to press Yes on that dialog.  And the No button is the default control on that confirmation dialog, so you would have to move the cursor and press the Yes button to actually reset. 

About the only thing I could do is make the reload button (above the traffic icon) instead of the reset button the default.  I just did that.  The changes are already on GitHub.  Please let me know if this helps.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-06-14, 13:50)krow Wrote:
(2021-06-14, 12:09)bsoriano Wrote: @krow, yes, this is Matrix only.  Look at the first post to get info on how to get the skin for Leia.

Regards,

Bart

oh, ok. thanks. i suppose all the new updates (you mentione in the last few posts) will be for matrix only and not leia? anyways, keep up the great work. oh, one small question. can you point me to a tutorial or something on how to add a media flag for WEB-DL for xonfluence? also, i have an empty space between ratio (16:9 etc) and format (blu-ray etc) media flags, dunno whats supposed to be there. studio flag? thanks. much appreciated.
@krow , that is correct, I will only be doing changes for Matrix.  There is no tutorial on how to add a new media flag for Web-DL for Xonfluence.  However, if you, or someone else, can create the flag in the same style as the other Xonfluence media flags (I am not a designer, so I could not), and post it here, I can then provide instructions on how to have it show up in Xonfluence, even for Leia.  I am supposing that you would want the WEB-DL flag to show up similar to the blu-ray flag, meaning that the file name has web-dl in it, correct?

As for the empty space you mention, that is where the 3D flag or Special Features flag goes.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-06-14, 21:38)bsoriano Wrote: @krow , that is correct, I will only be doing changes for Matrix.  There is no tutorial on how to add a new media flag for Web-DL for Xonfluence.  However, if you, or someone else, can create the flag in the same style as the other Xonfluence media flags (I am not a designer, so I could not), and post it here, I can then provide instructions on how to have it show up in Xonfluence, even for Leia.  I am supposing that you would want the WEB-DL flag to show up similar to the blu-ray flag, meaning that the file name has web-dl in it, correct?
first of all, thank you for the reply. second, i was expecting all the updates to be for matrix anyways, will update my leia in the future. thirdly, yes. i have a bunch of self-made WEB-DLs and id like media flag for WEB-DL. i can try designing the flag, but first id need to find other existing flags, they are png i files i presume, so i can use them as a template. where can i find those? in skin.xonfluence folder or? so, yeah. point me in the right direction and ill use my third rate designer skills in... wait for it... photoshop 7.0. yeah, yall heared it right. anyways, jokes aside (not joking about pshop 7.0 though, im dead serious... why you laughing??). thanks for all the hard work, will check updates on my other computer that has matrix installed. hopefully ill be able to fix something up for that WEB-DL flag, just need the location for other flags to use them as templates. cheers!
(2021-06-15, 03:45)krow Wrote:
(2021-06-14, 21:38)bsoriano Wrote: @krow , that is correct, I will only be doing changes for Matrix.  There is no tutorial on how to add a new media flag for Web-DL for Xonfluence.  However, if you, or someone else, can create the flag in the same style as the other Xonfluence media flags (I am not a designer, so I could not), and post it here, I can then provide instructions on how to have it show up in Xonfluence, even for Leia.  I am supposing that you would want the WEB-DL flag to show up similar to the blu-ray flag, meaning that the file name has web-dl in it, correct?
first of all, thank you for the reply. second, i was expecting all the updates to be for matrix anyways, will update my leia in the future. thirdly, yes. i have a bunch of self-made WEB-DLs and id like media flag for WEB-DL. i can try designing the flag, but first id need to find other existing flags, they are png i files i presume, so i can use them as a template. where can i find those? in skin.xonfluence folder or? so, yeah. point me in the right direction and ill use my third rate designer skills in... wait for it... photoshop 7.0. yeah, yall heared it right. anyways, jokes aside (not joking about pshop 7.0 though, im dead serious... why you laughing??). thanks for all the hard work, will check updates on my other computer that has matrix installed. hopefully ill be able to fix something up for that WEB-DL flag, just need the location for other flags to use them as templates. cheers!
@krow , here is a link to all of the uncompressed media for Xonfluence: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlII29kkG6TFk7o1zlv8...Q?e=ihj6Wt

You will find the video source/resolution flags in the flagging/video folder.  Once you create the flag, please post a link to it here.  I will include it in the skin's compressed media file and change the code so that it can be shown.  Once that is done, I will post the code and the media file here and provide you instructions on how to use it in your Leia system.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-06-13, 10:08)udangaribaldi Wrote: i would not be adverse to seeing 7 item widgets Smile

I know, right?
Fit right in from side to side...
I am a long time fan of Confluence and it was suggested that I try Xonfluence.

I have to say that in many ways it does take Confluene to new heights and is very impressive.

But there is one feature that Confluence had that I find invaluable and that is the ability to have video playing in the background whilst I navigate the system do carry out other tasks when needed.

I can't seem to find any way to enable this in Xonfluence.

To illustrate, this is a typical shot of a video playing in Confluence.

ImageIf I click the X button on the top right of the image, the main interface can be used as in this example.
The video continues in the background whilst I work elsewhere.Image

If I try the same thing in Xonfluence, I just get whatever overlay that is present being hidden but if I want to navigate elsewhere I have to stop the video first.

I hope that I have illustrated the feature in an easy enough way to comprehend.

Thanks.
(2021-06-17, 05:13)Blinkonce Wrote: I am a long time fan of Confluence and it was suggested that I try Xonfluence.

I have to say that in many ways it does take Confluene to new heights and is very impressive.

But there is one feature that Confluence had that I find invaluable and that is the ability to have video playing in the background whilst I navigate the system do carry out other tasks when needed.

ImageIf I click the X button on the top right of the image, the main interface can be used as in this example.

If I try the same thing in Xonfluence, I just get whatever overlay that is present being hidden but if I want to navigate elsewhere I have to stop the video first.

Thanks.

@Blinkonce , what version of Kodi and what OS are you using? Xonfluence works exactly like Confluence in regards to video continuing in background, and providing you with player controls in the main menu; you do not need to stop the video in order to navigate elsewhere.

If you are on Matrix, make sure that you are using the latest version of the skin by installing this repo (and updating Xonfluence from it): https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.2.zip

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-06-17, 18:04)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-06-17, 05:13)Blinkonce Wrote: I am a long time fan of Confluence and it was suggested that I try Xonfluence.

Thanks.

@Blinkonce , what version of Kodi and what OS are you using? Xonfluence works exactly like Confluence in regards to video continuing in background, and providing you with player controls in the main menu; you do not need to stop the video in order to navigate elsewhere.

If you are on Matrix, make sure that you are using the latest version of the skin by installing this repo (and updating Xonfluence from it): https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.2.zip

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart

Yes I am using the 1.0.2 repo on Matrix 19.1 in Windows 10.

I also tried using the Leia version 18.6 in Windows 10 with the same result.

I just tried 1.0.2 on the latest CoreELEC Matrix release but had the same result there too.

Thanks
hi Bart - just a suggestion - it is concerning the 'look' of the submenu - is it possible for you to add an overlay image to the submenu - maybe to just give it a border, clean up the 'look' of them a little.  
as always you're a star!
(2021-06-17, 05:13)Blinkonce Wrote: ...there is one feature that Confluence had that I find invaluable and that is the ability to have video playing in the background whilst I navigate the system do carry out other tasks when needed.

This works in Xonfluence.

Make sure the following setting is enabled: Skin Settings > General > Enable Background Playing Media

And then press the Back key to exit the full screen video and navigate while the video continues in the background.

Hope that helps Nod

Here's a screenshot of this working:

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2021-06-17, 20:44)Blinkonce Wrote:
(2021-06-17, 18:04)bsoriano Wrote:

Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart

I just tried 1.0.2 on the latest CoreELEC Matrix release but had the same result there too.

Thanks
@Blinkonce , I do not know what is going on in your system.  I run Xonfluence under Windows 10, Kodi Matrix 19.1, and the video keeps on playing in the background, and I can navigate wherever I want while the video is playing.  Here is a screenshot:

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-06-17, 21:51)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2021-06-17, 05:13)Blinkonce Wrote: ...there is one feature that Confluence had that I find invaluable and that is the ability to have video playing in the background whilst I navigate the system do carry out other tasks when needed.

This works in Xonfluence.

Make sure the following setting is enabled: Skin Settings > General > Enable Background Playing Media

And then press the Back key to exit the full screen video and navigate while the video continues in the background.

Hope that helps Nod

Here's a screenshot of this working:

Thanks for the tip and yes, if a keyboard is present then the backspace key does enable the feature.
(2021-06-18, 00:31)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-06-17, 20:44)Blinkonce Wrote:
(2021-06-17, 18:04)bsoriano Wrote: @Blinkonce , what version of Kodi and what OS are you using? Xonfluence works exactly like Confluence in regards to video continuing in background, and providing you with player controls in the main menu; you do not need to stop the video in order to navigate elsewhere.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart

Thanks
@Blinkonce , I do not know what is going on in your system.  I run Xonfluence under Windows 10, Kodi Matrix 19.1, and the video keeps on playing in the background, and I can navigate wherever I want while the video is playing.  Here is a screenshot:

Regards,

Bart

I have 3 seperate systems, so it is a little baffling.

As jmh2002 discovered, if the backspace on a keyboard is used then the feature works but on a mouse only setup the X button works differently than it does in Confluence.

I'm going to examine Confluence and Xonfluence under the hood and see if I can spot the difference.

The more that I use Xonfluence though, the more I like it, so great work.
(2021-06-18, 03:46)Blinkonce Wrote:
(2021-06-18, 00:31)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-06-17, 20:44)Blinkonce Wrote: Hi Bart

Thanks

Regards,

Bart

I have 3 seperate systems, so it is a little baffling.

As jmh2002 discovered, if the backspace on a keyboard is used then the feature works but on a mouse only setup the X button works differently than it does in Confluence.

I'm going to examine Confluence and Xonfluence under the hood and see if I can spot the difference.

The more that I use Xonfluence though, the more I like it, so great work.

@Blinkonce, thank you for that additional information, I had not tried with a mouse. I will look into it tomorrow.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Yeah maybe the functionality of the X to exit the full screen window has stopped working at some point?

It doesn't work for me with either a mouse or on my touch screen yet. I didn't notice because I use other buttons/gestures for this function.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
  • 196(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13