• 198(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
(2021-06-20, 00:42)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-06-19, 23:50)rafikW Wrote:
(2021-06-19, 22:09)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

I have uploaded version 4.1.4 to GitHub and the Xonfluence repo. 

The main change is that the widget layout selection (at this time, Small or Large) is now done on a per menu item basis.  This means that you can have large widgets for some menu items, and small for others.

You will now see a new setting for "Widget Layout" in the skin setting when you are configuring a menu item.  It looks like this:

When you select (click) this, you get the following dialog:

Thanks a lot to @udangaribaldi , whose "tinkering", as he calls it, gave rise to this code change.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart,
For movie's title in small widget layout there is too big font used:

@rafikW,

Thanks for that feedback. I will fix that tomorrow.

Regards,

Bart
@rafikW , please try the latest from GitHub, this should be fixed now.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-06-20, 17:33)Macaroni Slick Wrote: Perhaps this has been addressed before:
How does one display one menu item per page in Xonfluence?
TIA

@Macaroni Slick , there is no skin setting for this at the moment.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
@udangaribaldi , @Macaroni Slick I have completed the work for having 7 posters instead of 5 for the small widget.  I also went ahead and increased the small thumbnail widget by 1.

This is how it looks for poster:

And this is how it looks with video playing in the background:

You do not need to turn on any new setting for this.  The changes are already on GitHub, but i have not uploaded a new version to the repo yet.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-06-21, 00:29)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-06-20, 00:42)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-06-19, 23:50)rafikW Wrote: Hi Bart,
For movie's title in small widget layout there is too big font used:

@rafikW,

Thanks for that feedback. I will fix that tomorrow.

Regards,

Bart
@rafikW , please try the latest from GitHub, this should be fixed now.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,
Font is now in the correct size. Thanks.
I found another little oddity related to mouse focus.

In the first image you will see that the mouse is hovering over the movie poster for A Passage To India and you see the blue outline to show that it is highlighted.

When I move the mouse down to hover over the Star Trek III poster, as in the second image , instead of this being highlighted, the poster for the last poster on the first line, in this case Indiana Jones is highlighted.

In order to highlight a poster on a lower level I have to scroll down such the the second level has focus as shown in the third image.

I hope that my explanation makes sense.

When I was looking at using Xonfluence I did modify it such that it would install on a couple of Leia Windows installations that I have and noticed that the focus worked correctly in Leia by default, so this seems, on the surface. only to be an oddity with Matrix, that I have installed under both Windows and CoreELEC.

Thanks.
tinkering a 2nd widgetset  

(2021-06-21, 00:38)bsoriano Wrote: @udangaribaldi , @Macaroni Slick I have completed the work for having 7 posters instead of 5 for the small widget.  I also went ahead and increased the small thumbnail widget by 1.

This is how it looks for poster:

And this is how it looks with video playing in the background:

You do not need to turn on any new setting for this.  The changes are already on GitHub, but i have not uploaded a new version to the repo yet.

Regards,

Bart

Dear Bart:

Woohoo!!!
Really busy on another thing, but wanted to say thanxeversomuch... Be back soon.
hi Bart -  not sure if this is a bug/issue or may of been over looked or its set in stone - 'you know the addonset's focus area, - i use a mouse, and it seems the focus area is off or set to length of the addonset item limit - meaning my mouse can be a distance away from the first icon in the set(leftside) and the icon will focus. 
when on the rightside the last icon becomes highlighted when my mouse cursor/pointer is even further away.  both seem out by 100+ to 3/400. when addonset is not filled to limit.  
can anything be done to limit the focus area to the actual number of items in the set - much appreciated, udan.
(2021-06-23, 22:48)udangaribaldi Wrote: hi Bart -  not sure if this is a bug/issue or may of been over looked or its set in stone - 'you know the addonset's focus area, - i use a mouse, and it seems the focus area is off or set to length of the addonset item limit - meaning my mouse can be a distance away from the first icon in the set(leftside) and the icon will focus. 
when on the rightside the last icon becomes highlighted when my mouse cursor/pointer is even further away.  both seem out by 100+ to 3/400. when addonset is not filled to limit.  
can anything be done to limit the focus area to the actual number of items in the set - much appreciated, udan.
@udangaribaldi , as far as I know, there is nothing I can do about that.  The width of the addon set list is fixed, and is just centered using slide animations.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
can anyone help, - im tinkering... i only want a maximum of 3 submenu items to be displayed for all main menu items (under the menubar) - they would scroll, if more than 3 in the submenu list - but i only would like for a max of 3 to show.  
anyone know what xml/controls i would need to tinker with, thanks
hi - any way to keep the center item focused when using the alternative menubar, and also for the last 2 menu items on the menubar to reach the center, as with the last 2 you need to move to them to focus on them. - any help much appreciated.
Bug report:
On android, when installing the skip for the first time (latest, 4.1.4), all the default Skin-home-screen menu-items settings for the new "Widget Layout" field - are blank. Changing either the  "Widget set" or "Widget format" does not change this from blank.

Result: No thumbnails are being displayed. Always!

When changing it from blank to small/large - it never returns to blank

Result/expected result: All thumbnails/posters are being displayed properly
Expected behavior - om first install, all "Widget Layout"  fields - should be populated/set to "small" as default, so that  thumbnails will not vanish... Smile

FYI
(2021-06-28, 07:22)rafi1 Wrote: Bug report:
On android, when installing the skip for the first time (latest, 4.1.4), all the default Skin-home-screen menu-items settings for the new "Widget Layout" field - are blank. Changing either the  "Widget set" or "Widget format" does not change this from blank.

Result: No thumbnails are being displayed. Always!

When changing it from blank to small/large - it never returns to blank

Result/expected result: All thumbnails/posters are being displayed properly
Expected behavior - om first install, all "Widget Layout"  fields - should be populated/set to "small" as default, so that  thumbnails will not vanish... Smile

FYI

and Bart 
in the DefaultInitialSetup (IncludesMainMenu.xml)  
look for <onload>Skin.SetString(HomeItem.1.WidgetFormat,-)</onload>  
and change the minus sign to None  
then create a new line directly underneath that line and add this <onload>Skin.SetString(HomeItem.1.WidgetLayout,Small)</onload>  
that is just for item 1 - you'll need to go throu the rest in that control.  more code is likely somewhere else too (maybe these too UpdatesV337 & UpdatesV403)
p.s. - the minus sign means nowt is selected, so nowt is shown. 'None' is used to fill that gap  
p.p.s. - or it might be a good idea for the widget format and widget layout settings not to be visible or grayed out until widget set is selected also.  
p.p.... - there is code in some xmls that dont relate directly to the widget/menu item properties (like Custom_1128_MoveMenuItems.xml) where you need to include the new property.
(2021-06-28, 16:28)udangaribaldi Wrote: p.p.s. - or it might be a good idea for the widget format and widget layout settings not to be visible or grayed out until widget set is selected also.
As far as I can tell "Widget set" default is pre-selected for you  once you choose the menu type (like "recent albums' for Music. ) At this time, this new layout is left blank, so yes, the right way is to set them together the first time you fill up a new menu item, and set that  default you noted -  only for the default menu items...

It really sounds like "not a big deal" but for new install, and old users - you find yourself clueless... It is a bad UI design, so need fixing. Sadly my previous post about this was erased moved by the admin... Sad
Nothing was erased.

Your off-topic posts relating to the Kodi fork were split off into their own thread. As noted before, that fork is not supported here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
  • 198(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13