• 200(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
Hello,
I'm sorry for the ignorance, but I am not sure how to use the "repo".  I tried downloading "https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repository.xonfluence" as a zip from github and adding it via kodi, but I get an error that addon failed to install.

I tried typing in the address in the file browser, but all I get is a blank directory. 

Can someone help me learn how to add the "repo" so that the skin gets autoupdated?

Thank you
(2021-07-01, 14:25)Jherb Wrote: Can someone help me learn how to add the "repo" so that the skin gets autoupdated?

Thank you
Have you tried the 4.1.5 zip from here: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...xonfluence ? Or you mean pre - 4.1.6 ?
a suggestion regarding the LAF settings (the 'Dialog look and feel' setting and a few other settings) and code and the lf_classic, lf_modern, and lf_max folders in the textures.xbt  
this is awesome - but i feel it is very under-used/under-rated and/or little known about - basically you got something which resemble 'internal' theme folders.  
this means you can switch images without the use of external theme.xbts.  
yes it may mean extra images are needed in the textures.xbt but if images are kept to a decent size - the overall skin size should still remain acceptable.  
some examples with bare minimum effort -  
p.s. - this is my personal tinker setup usiing xonfluence.matrix skin

(2021-07-01, 13:37)rafikW Wrote: How many Recently added music album's small widget suppose to be presented?
I have 4 of them and they are aligned to the left - they are not centered on the screen.

@rafikW , it should show six, and the large widget should show 5.  Are you using version 4.1.5 from the repo or the latest from GitHub? Version 4.1.5 does not have the fixes for the animations in the widgets.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-07-01, 14:25)Jherb Wrote: Hello,
I'm sorry for the ignorance, but I am not sure how to use the "repo".  I tried downloading "https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repository.xonfluence" as a zip from github and adding it via kodi, but I get an error that addon failed to install.

I tried typing in the address in the file browser, but all I get is a blank directory. 

Can someone help me learn how to add the "repo" so that the skin gets autoupdated?

Thank you
@Jherb , please use the following zip file: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.2.zip  and "install from zip file" in Kodi.  You can then update the skin from the repo, and if you have auto-updates enabled, then the skin should update itself whenever I upload a new version to the repo.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-07-01, 16:00)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-07-01, 13:37)rafikW Wrote: How many Recently added music album's small widget suppose to be presented?
I have 4 of them and they are aligned to the left - they are not centered on the screen.

@rafikW , it should show six, and the large widget should show 5.  Are you using version 4.1.5 from the repo or the latest from GitHub? Version 4.1.5 does not have the fixes for the animations in the widgets.

Regards,

Bart

Version 4.1.5 installed from the repo over the version that I have installed few days ago from github.
This is how it looks:
(2021-07-01, 16:04)bsoriano Wrote:

Thank you
@Jherb , please use the following zip file: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.2.zip  and "install from zip file" in Kodi.  You can then update the skin from the repo, and if you have auto-updates enabled, then the skin should update itself whenever I upload a new version to the repo.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you very much.  That worked for me.
(2021-07-01, 16:14)rafikW Wrote:
(2021-07-01, 16:00)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

Version 4.1.5 installed from the repo over the version that I have installed few days ago from github.
This is how it looks:
@rafikW , please either install the version from GitHub, or wait a bit, I am planning on pushing version 4.1.6 soon.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-07-01, 17:05)Jherb Wrote:
(2021-07-01, 16:04)bsoriano Wrote:

Thank you

Regards,

Bart
Thank you very much.  That worked for me.
@Jherb , thank you for confirming.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Hello all,

Please let me know of any bugs/issues that you have with version 4.1.5 and that you might not have reported yet.  I have some fixes that I will put in version 4.1.6; I want to release that version very soon.  The reason that I ask is that there will not be another version in quite a while, since I am planning on starting the inclusion of script.skinshortcuts for menu/submenu/widget configuration (thank you @jdig4240 for the request and some base code), and this is a very big job, that could well take me weeks.

Given the above, please report any issues/bugs as soon as you can.  The deadline for receiving them is July 2nd.  I will post version 4.1.6 on that date, with the fixes I already have made, plus hopefully the fixes for any bugs you report until then.

After that, when I finish the inclusion of skinshortcuts, I will post version 4.2.0.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
just a concern regarding the 'stream' menu item - do any of the .strms still work? - could also add the extra as submenu items possibly, there are also some options which could also go on its submenu.(where you can choose the file, etc.).  
p.s. - please do not remove item from the bar - as it has a good feature - where you can add your own.
spotted another thing which you may or may not think needs tweaking slightly - once you click on 'widget set' in the skin settings>home menu items and are presented with the 'select widget set' box with a list of different source options.  
should the end-user be seeing 'recent albums' when doing the 'movies' widget, it similar for all items - a slight tweaking with the visible's may be needed, at least for the default items.
(2021-07-01, 21:04)udangaribaldi Wrote: spotted another thing which you may or may not think needs tweaking slightly - once you click on 'widget set' in the skin settings>home menu items and are presented with the 'select widget set' box with a list of different source options.  
should the end-user be seeing 'recent albums' when doing the 'movies' widget, it similar for all items - a slight tweaking with the visible's may be needed, at least for the default items.
@udangaribaldi , I do not think this needs any change.  The user should be able to select whatever widget they wish.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-07-01, 19:44)udangaribaldi Wrote: just a concern regarding the 'stream' menu item - do any of the .strms still work? - could also add the extra as submenu items possibly, there are also some options which could also go on its submenu.(where you can choose the file, etc.).  
p.s. - please do not remove item from the bar - as it has a good feature - where you can add your own.
@udangaribaldi , I do not use this, and do not think those streams work any more.  I have not looked at the feature of adding your own stream.  Where do you do that?

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-07-01, 17:46)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

Please let me know of any bugs/issues that you have with version 4.1.5 and that you might not have reported yet.  I have some fixes that I will put in version 4.1.6; I want to release that version very soon.  The reason that I ask is that there will not be another version in quite a while, since I am planning on starting the inclusion of script.skinshortcuts for menu/submenu/widget configuration (thank you @jdig4240 for the request and some base code), and this is a very big job, that could well take me weeks.

Given the above, please report any issues/bugs as soon as you can.  The deadline for receiving them is July 2nd.  I will post version 4.1.6 on that date, with the fixes I already have made, plus hopefully the fixes for any bugs you report until then.

After that, when I finish the inclusion of skinshortcuts, I will post version 4.2.0.

Regards,

Bart

YESSS!! No more menu limitations, and easier moving around shortcuts, etc. Looking forward to this. Thanks Bsoriano!
  • 200(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13