• 202(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
(2021-07-03, 13:55)wasssu Wrote: Hi,
1. Is is possible to see movie/tv shows ratings (from imdb, rotten, etc,)?
2. Is is possible to have the background on homescreen changed automatically with (recent) movies/tv shows pics taken from a service that provide these pics? I don’t want to manage a folder with pics.

Thanks
@wasssu , there are no options in the skin at the moment to do either of those.  

Some clarifications:

1.  Any rating other than the main rating, Kodi does not show outside of the video info dialog.  It is possible, if you have the ratings loaded into your db, for local library items, to show those ratings in media views by using one of a couple of addons that provide this.  I have not implemented either in the skin, and do not plan to do so at this time.

2. Not that I know of.  What the skin does now is provide random fanarts from your library, from movies in the Movies menu item, and from tv shows in the TV Shows menu item.  You can configure this in skin settings.  If what you are looking for is to provide random backgrounds from an addon like the one you mentioned in one of your posts, then, no, I will not be doing that.

You are more than welcome to modify the skin yourself and include the functionality you are looking for.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-07-03, 10:38)rafi1 Wrote:
(2021-07-02, 03:10)jmh2002 Wrote: Hi Bart, here is just a few requests / bugs leftover from testing:

PART 1 (Kodi Forum Limitation)

1: Would it be possible to set how many seconds the Video OSD should stay on the screen after starting a video?
(Skin Settings > Video OSD Settings > Enable Video OSD start playing introduction)
+1 for that #1 proposed change...

I have a fix-change request myself -
1. Unlike on Windows, on android, installing running kodi 19 + 18 together - is not possible. To do that (till v19 will have proper addon coverage/support) I am using a fork of kodi 19. It's icon is changed, so to differentiate it from the installed 18 . I'd like to be able to also change the kodi logo on the top  left. To do that, there is already an optional  kodi-logo.png inclusion in xml/includes.xml line #2433.

BUT, this requires to locate a new logo png file inside the addons/skin.xonfluence path, change it's name in the xml, and all, I believe, might be erase upon any update(?) .
I suggest to replace that line
<texture>kodi-logo.png</texture>
to:
<texture>special://home\userdata\addon_data\skin.xonfluence\kodi-logo.png</texture>
So, it will check the DATA path, and will be persistent during updates. For compatibility, the original logo can be also put into that same data path, or just check that data path for available logo before deciding...

2. More from my wish list: Add sort method "by IMBD rating"...

3. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3026829 <- my proposed PR/enhancement for adding the "duration time" for all media types in the media info2 list view will be nice to see implemented too Smile ->
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3026829

Thanks!
@rafi1 

1. I will not be changing it like that.  What I could do is put the Kodi logo used by the skin and the reference to it in another skin folder, like "extras" or "resources".  I will add this to my To-Do.

2.  This is not possible; this is a Kodi limitation, not something that can be done from the skin.  What you can do is sort by Rating, which is something Kodi provides.  You just need to make sure that the main rating you have for your media is the IMDb rating.  Then, when you sort by rating, you will in essence be sorting by IMDb rating.

3.  I will not be implementing this, as I already added duration to the media views that did not have it, except for List. In the List view, it makes no sense to add this, as it would mean shortening the title even more, which I do not want to do.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @rafi1 , I have already made the change to move the Kodi logo outside of the skin's media folder (where it was in the compressed textures.xbt file).  Now, the skin will look for it in the skin's extras/resources/ folder.  The changes are already on GitHub.
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-07-02, 03:10)jmh2002 Wrote: Hi Bart, here is just a few requests / bugs leftover from testing:

1: Would it be possible to set how many seconds the Video OSD should stay on the screen after starting a video?
(Skin Settings > Video OSD Settings > Enable Video OSD start playing introduction)

2: You recently added 'Runtime' to the Media View 3 view. Would it be possible to also add Year and Rating for Movies under (or next to) Runtime?

3: After a recent change to the Skin my Widget for YouTube videos now shows a small '-' (dash) under each image. This seems to be related to episode numbers as very occasionally one of the video will show eXXX instead, but 99% of YouTube videos don't have episode numbers. Can the '-' (dash) be removed please? And maybe only display a valid episode number if returned in the metadata?

4: Thank you for moving all of the notifications to the top left corner. This is mostly working very well, but I note that some notifications have a different shape, ie: round corners vs square corners. The square corner notifications are also slightly larger causing them to overlap the window that is displayed at the same time.

I'm not sure if these 'Square Cornered Notifications' are somehow custom notifications? ie: made by the Skin instead of Kodi?

Additionally, maybe the vertical alignment of the large widget also needs moving down slightly too, because both styles of Notification overlap the large widget too.

Round Corner:

Square Corner and Slightly Larger and Overlapping the Window:

Both Styles Overlap the Large Widget (smaller Round Corner Notification shown):

THANK YOU for considering these issues, it's very appreciated Nod
@jmh2002 , I will be looking at these.  Thanks for reporting.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-07-03, 17:17)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-07-03, 10:38)rafi1 Wrote:

+1 for that #1 proposed change...

I have a fix-change request myself -
1. Unlike on Windows, on android, installing running kodi 19 + 18 together - is not possible. To do that (till v19 will have proper addon coverage/support) I am using a fork of kodi 19. It's icon is changed, so to differentiate it from the installed 18 . I'd like to be able to also change the kodi logo on the top  left. To do that, there is already an optional  kodi-logo.png inclusion in xml/includes.xml line #2433.

BUT, this requires to locate a new logo png file inside the addons/skin.xonfluence path, change it's name in the xml, and all, I believe, might be erase upon any update(?) .
I suggest to replace that line
<texture>kodi-logo.png</texture>
to:
<texture>special://home\userdata\addon_data\skin.xonfluence\kodi-logo.png</texture>
So, it will check the DATA path, and will be persistent during updates. For compatibility, the original logo can be also put into that same data path, or just check that data path for available logo before deciding...

2. More from my wish list: Add sort method "by IMBD rating"...

3. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3026829 <- my proposed PR/enhancement for adding the "duration time" for all media types in the media info2 list view will be nice to see implemented too Smile ->
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3026829

Thanks!
@rafi1 

1. I will not be changing it like that.  What I could do is put the Kodi logo used by the skin and the reference to it in another skin folder, like "extras" or "resources".  I will add this to my To-Do.

2.  This is not possible; this is a Kodi limitation, not something that can be done from the skin.  What you can do is sort by Rating, which is something Kodi provides.  You just need to make sure that the main rating you have for your media is the IMDb rating.  Then, when you sort by rating, you will in essence be sorting by IMDb rating.

3.  I will not be implementing this, as I already added duration to the media views that did not have it, except for List. In the List view, it makes no sense to add this, as it would mean shortening the title even more, which I do not want to do.

Regards,

Bart
1. Thanks! I believe in Confluence you could have put it in the /720p folder, which, if an update in the addon deletes it - is not that good as in the addon data folder..

2/3. You are correct, I've missed it. The thing is , it is not visible in the list... I forgot to mention but my "runtime" change have also included the rating, which looks like in here:
https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME1N71D

So maybe you can add just the rating , which is only 4 characters. Then, you'd be able to also see it sorted when you sort...
BTW, duration can also be just 4 digits if you leave the seconds out...
(2021-07-02, 03:12)jmh2002 Wrote: Hi Bart, here is just a few requests / bugs leftover from testing:

PART 2 (Kodi Forum Limitation)

5: I still have the problem sometimes of the Weather and other Notifications overlapping each other when the 'Working' notification is displayed at the top left corner.

I first reported it here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3039758 and you replied here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3039766 that "the code is there to hide the info if notifications at top left is enabled and the busy dialog is visible. I have not been able to replicate this issue."

I have managed to replicate that this problem seems to be connected with the transparency of this working notification.

If I set Skin Settings > Global > Enable Original Confluence Popup Seek Bar to Enabled (normally I have it disabled because I dislike this for video playback) then the 'Working' notification is no longer transparent and instead has a black background.

This in turn causes the other Notifications to hide correctly.

Please see below a series of screenshots regarding all of this:

Transparent 'Working' and Weather hidden:

Transparent 'Working and Weather NOT hidden:

Weather hidden by Notification, but Transparent 'Working' is Overlapped:

'Working' with Black Background and Weather hidden

Although I did see one example of 'Working' with Black Background and Weather hidden, but Working is Overlapped with a Square Cornered Notification:

(that's a YouTube Error Notification underneath)

NB: If I set Skin Settings > Global > Enable Original Confluence Popup Seek Bar to Enabled then the 'Volume' notification is also no longer transparent and instead also has a black background:

I'm not so concerned about this since as mentioned above I normally have this setting Disabled, but I'm noting it here as another example of how this setting doesn't just turn on the 'Original Confluence Popup Seek Bar' but also seems to affect transparency settings of other items too (Working, Volume, etc).

6: I still have the problem of a 'ghost' type window being shown when first loading some windows. This happens on both my slow and fast devices. I first reported it here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3036101 and you replied here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3038910 "8. I cannot replicate this issue either."

I have managed to replicate that this problem seems to be connected with using Media View 3, AND opening a Video Node Main Menu item that uses Online Content - in fact it seems to happen most often when opening 'Trakt TV Show Progress', but can also happen with 'TMDB Movies In Theatres' or 'YouTube Watch Later', etc, as other possible examples.

I guess it's the retrieval of the Online Content (when it's not cached or needs refreshing) and when using Media View 3 that is the relevant point.

Sometimes the Home Screen shows nicely as blank/empty until the content is loaded, and sometimes it shows this ghost image until the switching to Media View 3 and displaying the content:

THANK YOU for considering these issues, it's very appreciated Nod
@jmh2002, thank you for providing the specific conditions under which you are encountering the issues.  I will try to replicate them.  Please be advised that I will not be able to solve them if I cannot replicate tem in my system.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-07-03, 17:17)bsoriano Wrote: @rafi1 

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @rafi1 , I have already made the change to move the Kodi logo outside of the skin's media folder (where it was in the compressed textures.xbt file).  Now, the skin will look for it in the skin's extras/resources/ folder.  The changes are already on GitHub.
Thanks for both!

A quick question: will an update destroy the new file in extras/resources/  ?

And an alternative  suggestion for #3: I can understand that you do not like extra rating-text (even if 4 chars...) on the lists. So, how about adding "RatingAndVotes" to the media info pane on the right, near the new duration you added, or on a line below it?
(2021-07-03, 17:03)rafi1 Wrote:
(2021-07-03, 16:27)wasssu Wrote: I only have the duration, the rating is missing (kodi matrix + seren). Do I have to activate it somewhere else or install some dependences?
Thanks
I'll need to double check. I might have changed something else too that I forget about...

Edit: I just double checked, the mod I've share includes the rating as well on Windows. I haven't checked on Android, tho...
Edit 2 : I've needed to change it to work on Android too..Also - added another version to include # of voters ...
https://xonfluence.page.link/ViewsVideoLibrary (tested to work only with 18.9)
The rating is working now, thank you very much! On equestion: do you know how can I remove the word "votes"? I want to leave only the number of votes and not the word. Thanks!
@bsoriano Just an observation... Do you really need to quote such long posts all the time? I know it's the lazy thing to do, but you should know by now that there is a better, faster and more intelligent way to quote text from other forum users.

Mark a text with your mouse, and click on the "Reply" option that appears on the bottom left of the post. Easy as pie. Smile
(2021-07-03, 20:29)wasssu Wrote:
(2021-07-03, 17:03)rafi1 Wrote:
(2021-07-03, 16:27)wasssu Wrote: I only have the duration, the rating is missing (kodi matrix + seren). Do I have to activate it somewhere else or install some dependences?
Thanks
I'll need to double check. I might have changed something else too that I forget about...

Edit: I just double checked, the mod I've share includes the rating as well on Windows. I haven't checked on Android, tho...
Edit 2 : I've needed to change it to work on Android too..Also - added another version to include # of voters ...
The rating is working now, thank you very much! On equestion: do you know how can I remove the word "votes"? I want to leave only the number of votes and not the word. Thanks!
Good idea Smile  Try https://xonfluence.page.link/ViewsVideoLibrary -> ViewsVideoLibrary_ratingandvotes_short.xml   ...
(2021-07-03, 20:34)Klojum Wrote: @bsoriano Just an observation... Do you really need to quote such long posts all the time? I know it's the lazy thing to do, but you should know by now that there is a better, faster and more intelligent way to quote text from other forum users.

Mark a text with your mouse, and click on the "Reply" option that appears on the bottom left of the post. Easy as pie. Smile
@Klojum, thank you! I didn't know that option.  I will start using it from now on.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-07-03, 17:29)rafi1 Wrote: 2/3. You are correct, I've missed it. The thing is , it is not visible in the list... I forgot to mention but my "runtime" change have also included the rating, which looks like in here:
https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME1N71D

So maybe you can add just the rating , which is only 4 characters. Then, you'd be able to also see it sorted when you sort...
BTW, duration can also be just 4 digits if you leave the seconds out...
@rafi1, l will add the rating on Media Info 2 view.  As I mentioned before, the duration is already shown in the info panel in this view.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-07-03, 19:52)rafi1 Wrote: A quick question: will an update destroy the new file in extras/resources/  ?
@rafi1, I am not sure, I will test and let you know.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-07-03, 20:58)rafi1 Wrote:
(2021-07-03, 20:29)wasssu Wrote:
(2021-07-03, 17:03)rafi1 Wrote: I'll need to double check. I might have changed something else too that I forget about...

Good idea Smile  Try https://xonfluence.page.link/ViewsVideoLibrary -> ViewsVideoLibrary_ratingandvotes_short.xml   ...
Great! Thanks! Smile
(2021-07-03, 21:09)bsoriano Wrote: @rafi1, l will add the rating on Media Info 2 view.
Great! BTW, there is a combined Rate + votes version here:
Quote:The rating is working now, thank you very much! On equestion: do you know how can I remove the word "votes"? I want to leave only the number of votes and not the word. Thanks!

Good idea   Try https://xonfluence.page.link/ViewsVideoLibrary -> ViewsVideoLibrary_ratingandvotes_short.xml   ...

Great! Thanks!

Result looks like: https://www.imagebam.com/view/ME1NG8Y
(2021-07-03, 21:22)wasssu Wrote:
(2021-07-03, 20:58)rafi1 Wrote:
(2021-07-03, 20:29)wasssu Wrote: The rating is working now, thank you very much! On equestion: do you know how can I remove the word "votes"? I want to leave only the number of votes and not the word. Thanks!
Great! Thanks! Smile
Which Kodi/skin version and under which OS is it?
  • 202(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13