• 204(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
i thought best to mention it - but to know it's all good Smile
hi folks - im about to start tinkering on a fresh install of the latest zip of the skin.  i wish to create a menu item specifically for window users - and it should only be, visible and accessible if on a windows system.  
the menu item will open a dialog xml with stuff relating to window users. - there are options available which allow for more windows integration i want to explore.  
ive seen from the xmls 'android' may have this feature already(im a pc user), im i correct in that assumption!?  - when the skin is on an android device, does android have its own menu item?  
any help much appreciated, thanks.
(2021-07-06, 14:51)udangaribaldi Wrote: hi folks - im about to start tinkering on a fresh install of the latest zip of the skin.  i wish to create a menu item specifically for window users - and it should only be, visible and accessible if on a windows system.  
the menu item will open a dialog xml with stuff relating to window users. - there are options available which allow for more windows integration i want to explore.  
ive seen from the xmls 'android' may have this feature already(im a pc user), im i correct in that assumption!?  - when the skin is on an android device, does android have its own menu item?  

Not sure what kind of "Stuff" your referring to. Maybe your talking about the Kodi channels that display the Kodi Library on the Home screen of Android TV OS systems? https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=332589
(2021-07-06, 17:33)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2021-07-06, 14:51)udangaribaldi Wrote: hi folks - im about to start tinkering on a fresh install of the latest zip of the skin.  i wish to create a menu item specifically for window users - and it should only be, visible and accessible if on a windows system.  

Not sure what kind of "Stuff" your referring to. Maybe your talking about the Kodi channels that display the Kodi Library on the Home screen of Android TV OS systems? https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=332589

stuff! as in - i use kodi on a windows 7 pc and by using System.Exec & System.ExecWait in the onclicks, it allows me to open files&folders and launch other programs on my pc - just by clicking on a button.   
examples:-  
(i) -    <onclick>System.Exec(shell:AppData)</onclick>  (this opens the %appdata% folder on my pc)
(ii) -   <onclick>System.ExecWait(notepad++.exe)</onclick>  (this open notepad++ on my pc)

these would be redundant, otherthan for a windows system - so my aim is to create a menu item which will only become visible, if on a windows system. if that makes any more sense.
How can I open the below Channel Group Selection Dialog using a Key Command?
I'm familiar with using custom keymaps but I can't find the correct command to open this particular dialog.

From the wiki here: https://kodi.wiki/view/Keymap#EPG_built-in.27s I tried using "EpgGridControl(selectgroup)" but that doesn't seem to work (in fact none of those commands seem to work).

The Action IDs "NextChannelGroup" and "PreviousChannelGroup" both work.
But there doesn't seem to be a corresponding "SelectChannelGroup" Action ID.

THANKS for some help please Smile

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
@bsoriano

Hi Bart, on this same subject of EPG, what do you think about adding the Channel Groups to the top of Guide in a similar way to how they are in Amber?

Maybe some space can be saved too, by moving the Genre, Start, & End Times to the same line as the Show Title as well?

THANK YOU for considering if this is possible Smile

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
(2021-07-03, 10:38)rafi1 Wrote: --------------------------------------------------
Hi Bart, here is just a few requests / bugs leftover from testing:

PART 1 (Kodi Forum Limitation)

1: Would it be possible to set how many seconds the Video OSD should stay on the screen after starting a video?
(Skin Settings > Video OSD Settings > Enable Video OSD start playing introduction)
------------------------------------------------------
+1 for that #1 proposed change...

A suggestion to use this same/similar timer control for the info-OSD disable when hovering with a mouse (maybe with a disable option too):
https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin...t-53259031
(2021-07-09, 07:41)jmh2002 Wrote: How can I open the below Channel Group Selection Dialog using a Key Command?
I'm familiar with using custom keymaps but I can't find the correct command to open this particular dialog.

From the wiki here: https://kodi.wiki/view/Keymap#EPG_built-in.27s I tried using "EpgGridControl(selectgroup)" but that doesn't seem to work (in fact none of those commands seem to work).

The Action IDs "NextChannelGroup" and "PreviousChannelGroup" both work.
But there doesn't seem to be a corresponding "SelectChannelGroup" Action ID.

THANKS for some help please Smile

a hint - 
not a 'action' id but a 'window' id
(2021-07-09, 22:42)udangaribaldi Wrote: a hint - 
not a 'action' id but a 'window' id

Yeah sure, but I still need the command, ie: the window name. Do you know it? I couldn't find the correct combination.

I don't see the correct dialog in this list: https://kodi.wiki/view/Window_IDs

ActivateWindow(pvrgroupmanager) opens the Kodi PVR group / channel manager, not the dialog in my screenshot.

In Kodi > Addons > skin.xonfluence > IncludesPVR.xml the Sideblade button that opens the Channel Groups dialog window that I want is defined as follows:

<control type="button" id="28">
<description>Channel Groups</description>
<textwidth>352</textwidth>
<include>ButtonCommonValues</include>
<label></label>
</control>

But I don't know how to use that in a keymap, or to how to use that to find the command I need to use in the keymap Confused

My Kodi foo is pretty good, but my Skinning foo is not...
Hi Bart,

Back to the subject of widgets not being centred, after some changes to my setup I note that my PVR widget is also not centred.

EDIT (20 July 2021): resolved by reinstalling the Skin update.
Quick drop:
Working on Android phone in K19 environment.
Wrap around, in the lower menu bar position, locks everything up.
So far, otherwise, enjoying crafting on this skin.
Best!!!
how to create internal skin 'themes' - sort of
<texture border="40">$VAR[DialogPath]DialogBack.png</texture>

it is the $VAR[DialogPath] prefix on the image png.  
so, add it to other image pngs, 
for example the recentaddedback.png.
copy recentaddedback.png from textures.xbt and paste it into the lf_classic folder.
create a new image for recentaddedback.png in the lf_modern folder also(and in lf_max if added the extra folders&images and/or if using max in the DialogPath)
copy all folders and images in the lf_modern folder and paste into the lf_max folder.(keep the original image) 
make sure all of the 3 lf_folders have same amount folders and same amount of images.(keeping same name but different images in each.)
find all instances of recentaddedback.png in the xmls and add the prefix so it would look something like this <texture border="15">$VAR[DialogPath]RecentAddedBack.png</texture>
so now when you change settings(dialog look and feel) the widget background image(recentaddedback.png) will change also.  
most of the home screen elements (widget, menubar, submenu, etc.) images can be changed using this method.  
p.s. - not all of the skin's images can be altered using this method - but a lot 
there are 3 lf folders in the textures.xbt and one has only one folder with one image in it 
goto strings.po find Dialog look and feel and change to LAF Themes or similar(not just themes)
you only need to sort about 5 or 6 more other images with the prefix and add and paste the current & new into the lf_folders to be able to 'theme' most of the homescreen
p.p.s. - in IncludesVariables.xml edit as so - 
<variable name="DialogPath">
        <value condition="String.IsEmpty(Skin.String(DialogLAF))">lf_modern/</value>
        <value condition="Skin.String(DialogLAF,Max)">lf_max/</value>
        <value>lf_classic/</value>
</variable>
now your able to use the 3 lf_folders -
so now you got 'classic' which his the default - 'modern' which is a little sharper than the 'classic' look - and a the 3rd 'max'

p.p... - more folders = more images = increase in size - so either stick to same size or try to better, even!
the ability for the end-user to add more folders and/or use own images is there - and it 'dead simple'  

add - soz i posted on the wrong site - but info given is good Smile
Just an observation.
I'm using version 4.1.4 and it seems the add-on autocompletion for virtual keyboard crashes Kodi when selecting a suggestion. Wiki says skin support required.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AutoComple...l_keyboard
Not sure if I have something else causing the crash though.

Thanks
hi - im learning the different ways/methods a 'setting' works, from basic enable/disable to toggling throu options, etc.  but im having issues with one, when trying to apply the up/down buttons to a setting - i think it is called 'spincontrolex'  
here is the setting - how to apply the spincontrolex to the setting?

<control type="button" id="130">
                                <width>1125</width>
                                <height>60</height>
                                <font>font13</font>
                                <label>$LOCALIZE[31983]</label>
                                <label2>$VAR[DialogLAFValue]</label2>
                                <textcolor>grey2</textcolor>
                                <focusedcolor>white</focusedcolor>
                                <include>MenuButton</include>
                                <onclick condition="String.IsEmpty(Skin.String(DialogLAF))">Skin.SetString(DialogLAF,Modern)</onclick>
                                <onclick condition="Skin.String(DialogLAF,Modern)">Skin.SetString(DialogLAF,Max)</onclick>
                                <onclick condition="Skin.String(DialogLAF,Max)">Skin.SetString(DialogLAF,Super)</onclick>
                                <onclick condition="Skin.String(DialogLAF,Super)">Skin.SetString(DialogLAF,Ultimate)</onclick>
                                <onclick condition="Skin.String(DialogLAF,Ultimate)">Skin.Reset(DialogLAF)</onclick>
                            </control>  

any help is most appreciated - thanks
Hello, thanks for the great skin.

I have an issue where the "Suggested Episodes" widget option is not working.

"Random" is working fine for example.

This is one of the main reasons that I use Kodi so I would really appreciate any suggestions.

It was working fine on Kodi 17, butI re-installed Windows from scratch including Kodi and now I don't have this nice feature.
  • 204(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13