• 208(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
(2021-08-12, 19:50)bsoriano Wrote: 2. Are there any submenu items that you wish were included by default in Xonfluence which are not today? If so, fo which menu item?
Have a system - settings sub-menu for *all* menus (since we a re lacking a top-left settings button) OR add an option for having a global "Settings" button (and possibly configurable others)
(2021-08-10, 22:55)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-08-05, 00:40)jmh2002 Wrote: I'm sure @bsoriano will fix it in due course Nod

@jmh2002 , @Rudders ,  @VonMagnum,  can you please check the latest from GitHub and let me know if the centering issues are solved? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Will the newest version that fix center issue for widgets (music albums are affected as well) be available also in repository?
(2021-08-14, 12:31)rafikW Wrote:
(2021-08-10, 22:55)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-08-05, 00:40)jmh2002 Wrote: I'm sure @bsoriano will fix it in due course Nod

@jmh2002 , @Rudders ,  @VonMagnum,  can you please check the latest from GitHub and let me know if the centering issues are solved? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Will the newest version that fix center issue for widgets (music albums are affected as well) be available also in repository?
The centering for the weather widget is still not fixed. You can fix it yourself by changing line 1082 from <left>15</left> to <left>240</left> in IncludesHomeWidget.xml.
(2021-08-14, 18:44)djcyrax Wrote:
(2021-08-14, 12:31)rafikW Wrote:
(2021-08-10, 22:55)bsoriano Wrote: @jmh2002 , @Rudders ,  @VonMagnum,  can you please check the latest from GitHub and let me know if the centering issues are solved? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
The centering for the weather widget is still not fixed. You can fix it yourself by changing line 1082 from <left>15</left> to <left>240</left> in IncludesHomeWidget.xml.

It looked fine here with the last update other than the 4th day always seems to be missing its weather icon (before the centering as well). 

I quit using the music icons a long time ago (meaningless as I've reloaded the library too many times for it to mean anything for recent albums and I don't add TV Shows too often).  I rather use custom background screens.  In other words, I didn't look at them.  Movies looked good.
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
(2021-08-14, 20:15)VonMagnum Wrote: It looked fine here with the last update other than the 4th day always seems to be missing its weather icon (before the centering as well).

Yes, agreed, I just didn't get a chance to post it yet. Here's a screenshot for @bsoriano

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2021-08-14, 23:53)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2021-08-14, 20:15)VonMagnum Wrote: It looked fine here with the last update other than the 4th day always seems to be missing its weather icon (before the centering as well).

Yes, agreed, I just didn't get a chance to post it yet. Here's a screenshot for @bsoriano

Try changing line 4082 from <icon>$VAR[WeatherIconPath]$INFO[Window(Weather).Property(Day4.FanartCode)]</icon> to <icon>$VAR[WeatherIconPath]$INFO[Window(Weather).Property(Day4.FanartCode),,.png]</icon> in IncludesHomeWidget.xml.
This looks like the ongoing bug with missing artwork in widgets, I see it for TV shows often, even in other skins, including Estuary. I'd love to have it sorted out somehow....
Hi, anyway we can get clearlogos to display on TV show widgets when large is selected....only appears when small is selected...

Thanx for your efforts! Loving the skin!!!
testing latest zip  - using my own content mainly, .
- once scan of movies is finished the 'recent' movies widget does not appear, nor does it for music, but the widget does automatically appear for the tvshows menu item.
- the music widgets for my own content dont seem to be working(tried recent albums, random albums, suggested albums) - it works if i 'save to favorites' then use the favourite, a widget appears. 
- the left/right arrows on the small widgets (type 'poster') for both 'movies' and 'tvshows' need to be re-aligned to the actual widget(thumbnail & for large is ok)
but ive only tested using my content(movies, tvshows, music) and not content from addons.  

add. -  i uninstall'd kodi and done a fresh install of kodi 19.1 with your latest zip, just in case - but the library scan for movies & music the recent movies & recent albums widgets do not appear - i restarted kodi, and found the widgets are now showing.   - but the tvshows widget showed after the scan and didnt need a restart.  

tv shows 'next aired' widget - doesnt seem to be working - the tvshows next aired addon is working thou.  

i must say the lil tweaks and that for 'music' is 'da bomb' Smile thumbs up.  

add.2 - will/does the skinshortcuts permit or allow, to change the onclick action on the widget items - i.e. say i wanted to play the item but use another source instead?
(2021-08-16, 16:02)xboxkid Wrote: Hi, anyway we can get clearlogos to display on TV show widgets when large is selected....only appears when small is selected...

Thanx for your efforts! Loving the skin!!!
@xboxkid , thank you for your kind words.  This issue is fixed in the latest on GitHub.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks for pointing this out.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-08-14, 23:53)jmh2002 Wrote: Yes, agreed, I just didn't get a chance to post it yet. Here's a screenshot for @bsoriano

@jmh2002 , @VonMagnum , this is fixed in the latest from GitHub.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

​​​​​​​Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-08-14, 12:31)rafikW Wrote: Will the newest version that fix center issue for widgets (music albums are affected as well) be available also in repository?

@rafikW , yes, I will make it available in the repo in the next couple of days.

Regards,

​​​​​​​Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-08-17, 00:01)udangaribaldi Wrote: testing latest zip  - using my own content mainly, .
- once scan of movies is finished the 'recent' movies widget does not appear, nor does it for music, but the widget does automatically appear for the tvshows menu item.
- the music widgets for my own content dont seem to be working(tried recent albums, random albums, suggested albums) - it works if i 'save to favorites' then use the favourite, a widget appears. 
- the left/right arrows on the small widgets (type 'poster') for both 'movies' and 'tvshows' need to be re-aligned to the actual widget(thumbnail & for large is ok)
but ive only tested using my content(movies, tvshows, music) and not content from addons.  

add. -  i uninstall'd kodi and done a fresh install of kodi 19.1 with your latest zip, just in case - but the library scan for movies & music the recent movies & recent albums widgets do not appear - i restarted kodi, and found the widgets are now showing.   - but the tvshows widget showed after the scan and didnt need a restart.  

tv shows 'next aired' widget - doesnt seem to be working - the tvshows next aired addon is working thou.  

add.2 - will/does the skinshortcuts permit or allow, to change the onclick action on the widget items - i.e. say i wanted to play the item but use another source instead?
@udangaribaldi , I am not sure what was going on in your system, as the recent movies/episodes/albums widgets are working fine for me.

The tv shows next aired widget does not work due to an issue in the version of the addon for Matrix, which does not fill the window properties required for the widget to work.  Please install/enable the addon script.embuary.info.  I have coded Xonfluence so that if the window properties from the tv show next aired addon are not available, the widget will get its data from embuary info.  Thanks.  It looks like this:

Thank you for your kind words, I am glad you are liking the changes.

Finally, no, skinshortcuts does not allow what you mention.  However, for library items, if you have external players defined in your playercorefactory.xml file, you can always right-click on a widget item and choose "Play Using", which will allow you to choose what player to use.  I imagine this is what you mean with "use another source", correct? If so, it is interesting to note that the addon plugin.video.themoviedb.helper also allows you to define players and how to use them.  So, for tmdb helper widget items, when you click on them, tmdb helper builds a player select dialog and shows that to you.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
(2021-08-17, 22:38)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-08-17, 00:01)udangaribaldi Wrote: testing latest zip  - using my own content mainly, .

@udangaribaldi , I am not sure what was going on in your system, as the recent movies/episodes/albums widgets are working fine for me.

The tv shows next aired widget does not work due to an issue in the version of the addon for Matrix, which does not fill the window properties required for the widget to work.  Please install/enable the addon script.embuary.info.  I have coded Xonfluence so that if the window properties from the tv show next aired addon are not available, the widget will get its data from embuary info.  Thanks.  It looks like this:

Thank you for your kind words, I am glad you are liking the changes.

Finally, no, skinshortcuts does not allow what you mention.  However, for library items, if you have external players defined in your playercorefactory.xml file, you can always right-click on a widget item and choose "Play Using", which will allow you to choose what player to use.  I imagine this is what you mean with "use another source", correct? If so, it is interesting to note that the addon plugin.video.themoviedb.helper also allows you to define players and how to use them.  So, for tmdb helper widget items, when you click on them, tmdb helper builds a player select dialog and shows that to you.

Regards,

Bart

- regarding the arrows - i see now what you have done - due to the 7 items in the widget, the arrows are now placed under the 1st and 7th widget items - soz   
as for when i scan in my own content - i click system>media>libary>videos...  - i point to my movies folder - but once scan is finished, no widget on movies menu. - i wait for a time (upto 10mins)
i have repeat'd the process - including on a fresh kodi install - same thing happens.  i also added my tvshows folder in same way - before & after adding my movies, and later my music same thing - they seem to only appear if i restart kodi...but the widget for the tv shows, does show after the scan!?  - it probably my end if you cant find fault.
- yes i will install the embuary script.  
- yes tmdb helper.   
again, keep up the good work  

add. - just to confirm - ive added the embuary info and now the 'next aired' widget is working...looks smart Bart Smile  
p.s.  - the submenu's control for the homesubfo.png did you tinker with it - cos it looks better than it was Smile
(2021-08-12, 19:50)bsoriano Wrote: 1. Are there any menu items you wish were included by default in Xonfluence which are not today?

Finally, are there any of you that prefer the menu/submenu/widget system in Xonfluence to remain as is?
We should thank Mr Soriano for asking the users of his skin to assert their preferences.

1.-- It is my opinion that Xonfluence's 15-menu item structure is methodically wrong. You may need considerably less main items than 15, or you may need many-many more. It seems to me that he correct approach is (i) to make it as easy as possible for the customizing user to add/delete as many main items as he sees fit; a fixed 15-main item structure impedes that and must be rejected. (ii) And after inputting the items, he must be able to reorder them by a simple click on the up/down cursor so as to achieve the methodically best order. A skin which does all this, and does it in my view much better than Xonfluencer, is Unity - which is Confluence in all but name. So I believe Xonfluence should take a leaf out of Unity and aim for an infinite number of main items, infinitely customizable.

2.-- It is also my opinion that some of Xonfluence's existing main items are redundant, even silly, and must disappear. (i) Nobody needs a DVD menu. If there is a need for it it should be integrated into Music, but Kodi's disc-ripping capabilities are second rate compared to those of a full desktop, so nobody serious about ripping (and getting the metadata correct) shall use Kodi. (ii) A Streaming menu whose content points to nothing. (iii) A Radio menu. Yes, we all listen to radio. But the radio we can capture on our Kodi hardware per our modern tuners is DAB radio, and this sort of radio is stillborn and shall never ever take off.

3.-- If you are of the opinion that Xonfluence should offer 15 main items as stock, I would, based on those of my own preferences I believe to be universal among users, propose the following structure:
01 Settings (incl. Programs as sub-menu or custom widget, as most Programs are executables offering system configuration).
02 Addons & Installers. Most of us install/configure/remove addons all the time, and having to dig under Settings makes this job tedious.
03 Weather.
04. News.
(On many of my installations I have merged 03 and 04 into a single item named "Today" or "W&N". Weather is just a button activating a window, and the weather widget is not very informative on some skins (incl Xonfluence) and can thus be left out. A single "Weather" button inside "W&N" saves space. 
05. TV (live DVB-T/T2 with PVR capability; DAB Radio is just 2 items which can be integrated here).
06. IPTV/VOD aka Streaming.
Alternatively, a single main itme dedicated to Netflix
07. YouTube. YouTube is a world into itself, so it stands to reason that the number of bookmarks/shortcuts needed for one's convenience is enough to saturate a single main item.
08. Videos (local video library configuration, incl. all Settings pertaining to Video, Audio, Library).
09. Cinefilms (aka Movies) (local files/files on NAS + select online sources).
10. Series (aka TvShows) (local files/files on NAS + select online sources).
11. Anime.
12. Documentaries (local files/files on NAS + select online sources).
13. Musicvideos.
14. Music.
15. Pictures.
All other I would redirect to the bin.

As you notice I have in some cases indicated the desirable submenu/widget sub-structure. More on that on a follow-up post.

4.-- As another participant in this thread has noticed, some main items (e.g Settings, Addons) make much better sense as floor buttons than they do as main items. Truly, there is a glaring open space under even the lowest-placed main menu bar which is presently occupied by just 3 buttons whereas there seems to be place for up to 20. However this is not within the stated aims of Mr Soriano.

5.-- One thing I have never succeeding in doing is mastering the art of bookmarking media items I want to revisit among Favourites, SuperFavourites, MyLists, SimplePlaylists... I just use Favourites, and though the method is fast and failsafe it produces a long and convoluted menu, audio and video and plugins and executables all mixed up in a flat (no folders) order. I know it is not skin related. But solving this nightmare would offer more benefits than revising a skin.

• 208(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13