• 222(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
(2022-01-20, 14:20)udangaribaldi Wrote: there are 2 different floor buttons types - the home screen floorbuttons and the floor return buttons (for touch) 
they are 2 separate sets of buttons with the own settings which can be easily replicated or modified or added to

Right, good reminder! (Retrurn buttons are per definition redundant on a TV, so why not hijack them?)
What is the xml fie/tag for return buttons?
look for 'FloorReturnButtons' in the Includes.xml
@DiMag  - there are a few ways i know to have more than one widget set  
1 - create your own - you can tinker in a new lil xml(which is easiest, and is on the kodi-wiki, 5 min job)  
2 - you can tinker with the widgets 'labels' - so more than one widget will appear (works best using local library, 5 min job)
3 - replicate the widget sets code then tinker with labels and ids(basically search for widget in all the xmls (not widgets, widgets refer to another setting/code) - to get it properly incorporated  (this method takes time to do, it is not a 5 min job - you'll need three hands to count the amount of xmls you'll need to edit)
(2022-01-22, 17:49)totya Wrote: Hi All,

I would like to make a Cartoon menu item on the main screen. I planed that under this menu item the animation local movies can bee seen only .  Is there any solution using the media library info for filtering the animations only.
Would it be possible to use the "Kodi command"  part for creating that kind of menu/submenu item ?
1. Scan your cartoon content to video library.
2. Create as many smart playlists as you need to satisfy your filtering needs. Name each one of them beginning with a descriptive name (Cartoons-*.xsp) to ensure they are listed sequentially under /$HOMEDIR/userdata/playlists/video.
3. In Xonfluence, create a new menu item tapping "Kodi Commands/Kodi Command" INPUT Cartoons, and when "Kodi Command" pops up a second time INPUT Cartoons a second time. Now you have a new Menu Item "Cartoons".
4. Go to the Submenus tab and create a new menu a new Submenu also named Cartoons.
5. Add to it (10 items allowed) your cartoons playlists one by one.
6. Go back to the Main Menus tab and edit the Menu Item Cartoons to include as submenu the submenu Cartoons. If by any chance you have a cartoons-specific widget, add that to the widgets option. If your library has only cartoons scanned in, choose any of the two widgets offered --- they shall by definition only show cartoons. If neither applies, leave the widgets option blank.
7. Go back to your home screen and enjoy.

@udangaribaldi 's advise (use favorites) is faster to implement, but it won't do you any good unless you mark only cartoons as favorites. Also, it offers no filtering.

If you think about decorating your Cartoons section with a wallpaper, don't! Set Xonfluence to enable extrafanart navigation. Your screen displays artwork from the cartoons you are actually browsing.
[ADDENDUM] Have a look at https://kodi.wiki/view/Custom_home_items.
(2022-01-23, 18:36)DiMag Wrote:
(2022-01-22, 17:49)totya Wrote: Hi All,

I would like to make a Cartoon menu item on the main screen. I planed that under this menu item the animation local movies can bee seen only .  Is there any solution using the media library info for filtering the animations only.
Would it be possible to use the "Kodi command"  part for creating that kind of menu/submenu item ?
1. Scan your cartoon content to video library.
2. Create as many smart playlists as you need to satisfy your filtering needs. Name each one of them beginning with a descriptive name (Cartoons-*.xsp) to ensure they are listed sequentially under /$HOMEDIR/userdata/playlists/video.
3. In Xonfluence, create a new menu item tapping "Kodi Commands/Kodi Command" INPUT Cartoons, and when "Kodi Command" pops up a second time INPUT Cartoons a second time. Now you have a new Menu Item "Cartoons".
4. Go to the Submenus tab and create a new menu a new Submenu also named Cartoons.
5. Add to it (10 items allowed) your cartoons playlists one by one.
6. Go back to the Main Menus tab and edit the Menu Item Cartoons to include as submenu the submenu Cartoons. If by any chance you have a cartoons-specific widget, add that to the widgets option. If your library has only cartoons scanned in, choose any of the two widgets offered --- they shall by definition only show cartoons. If neither applies, leave the widgets option blank.
7. Go back to your home screen and enjoy.

@udangaribaldi 's advise (use favorites) is faster to implement, but it won't do you any good unless you mark only cartoons as favorites. Also, it offers no filtering.

If you think about decorating your Cartoons section with a wallpaper, don't! Set Xonfluence to enable extrafanart navigation. Your screen displays artwork from the cartoons you are actually browsing.
Oh WOW thanks for these instructions! I was actually thinking about doing something like this too.
Question - is this standard kodi stuff or something enabled by xonfluence/recent xonfluence update?
Standard stuff. Except it is easier to implement in skins which do it per script.skinshortcuts, and impossible in those which do not allow menu/submenus customizations.
[ADDENDUM]
You won't lose this customization upon skin upgrade. It is saved in your userdata/addon_data/skin.xonfluence folder in a file named settings.xml. Though in a very unsatisfactory way: not in any way organized, each modification is listed sequentially in the order you typed it in (this is Kodi standard).
If I were you I would peruse this settings.xml file immediately upon implementing the modifications, and paste out its last lines so that---
(1) you understand which code does what you want
and
(2) you can migrate your mods to a different skin if you so desire.
@DiMag  - here is the list of the xmls needed to create a 2nd widget set  
Custom_1128_MoveMenuItems.xml  
Custom_2118_WidgetType.xml  
Custom_2136_WidgetLayout.xml  
Home.xml  
Includes.xml  
IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml  
IncludesHomeWidget.xml  
IncludesMainMenu.xml  
IncludesMenuContentItems.xml  
IncludesVariables.xml
SkinSettings.xml  
and strings.po  
'like i said, 3 hands' lol  

'add, as a workspace' the skin's xml folder in a text editor, makes things a bit easier  
then search all for 'widget'  
you'll see them xmls listed in the result - with a few others which have pull'd 'widgets' (you are not looking for or copying 'widgets'), anyways,  
view the first xml listed - and do a search for 'widget' 
in each xml, you have to determine whether - do you need to copy a line of code, a block of code, or the entire xml or - do you need to add a line of code, a block of code, or an entire xml    
* i did this on blind faith the first time i did it - i just isolated then replicated the widgets code - then in the copied code replaced 'widget' with 'widget2' - obviously all ids, numbers, labels and strings.po will need to be sorted/double check'd so everything gets properly incorporated
Bsoriano, first: thank you very much for keeping this skin alive. I'm sure many of us are grateful that you've helped us pass on a consistent interface to our less technically skilled family members. Has your work on a favorites widget been completed yet? I'm asking because I can't seem to figure out how to enable it and this thread indicates it might still be a work in progress. Many thanks for any help you can provide.
(2022-02-12, 09:54)Johnjy Wrote: Bsoriano, first: thank you very much for keeping this skin alive. I'm sure many of us are grateful that you've helped us pass on a consistent interface to our less technically skilled family members. Has your work on a favorites widget been completed yet? I'm asking because I can't seem to figure out how to enable it and this thread indicates it might still be a work in progress. Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Were waiting on Skin Shortcuts implementation. I think Bart is still working on that hopefully.
I sideloaded 19.3 Matrix on a 4k Fire TV Omni, yes that's legal...

Anyway, I added Helly Repo but when I goto "get more" for skins, it's just the usual stuff there. What am I missing here, always worked on my rPi's, but none of them have Matrix either.
(2022-02-16, 03:20)MoreBloodWine Wrote: I sideloaded 19.3 Matrix on a 4k Fire TV Omni, yes that's legal...

Anyway, I added Helly Repo but when I goto "get more" for skins, it's just the usual stuff there. What am I missing here, always worked on my rPi's, but none of them have Matrix either.

https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.xonfluence
Repo: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.2.zip
Favourites home screen button does not work. Skin settings to tell which action should be on Favourites button shows any other action than actually Favourites.
Am I missing something, a setting, enable somewhere, a clue? heh
Sorry for double post, can't edit yet I think.
Forgot the info. Kodi 19.3, Windows 10 PC.
Favourites home screen button does not work. Skin settings to tell which action should be on Favourites button shows any other action than actually Favourites.
Am I missing something, a setting, enable somewhere, a clue? heh
  • 222(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13