• 225(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
hello

my problem is that kodi boot very slowly and freeze during 10 seconds before main menu
it's happening only with xonfluence not with estuary

is anyone of you have this problem ?

aqafiqaxac.kodi (paste)
(2022-04-03, 18:13)dkangel Wrote: hello

my problem is that kodi boot very slowly and freeze during 10 seconds before main menu
it's happening only with xonfluence not with estuary

is anyone of you have this problem ?
Without claiming to be an expert I would say that what you describe ---a 10 seconds freeze before startup--- is:

(1) Not a big deal to begin with, so don't bother and just wait these 10 seconds.
(2) Probably a feature rather than a bug, so again don't bother and just wait these 10 seconds.
(3) Possibly due to a pre-configured wait-for-before start setting: either library update, or network-to-come-online, or any other service related setting. And to anticipate your objection "but all works fine in Estuary!" know that a bad thing in Kodi is that "Skin/skinning" has not the same meaning as you are familiar with from Windows or Linux. Skinning in Kodi goes deep into system settings as well.
Sorry, I did not read your log when I answered (it appeared in my email not inline but on top of the body). 

From what I read there is just one error message and this says "Error getting library://music/albums.xml/".

So it appears to me that you have left Xonfluence at its defaults, which include loading music albums as part of the Music main menu item. But you have not scanned anything to the album path of the music library yet. Or you have, but then you moved the folders to somewhere not referenced in the database.

With the result that Xonfuence loses 10 seconds in searching for something that does not exist.

I would disable the Music main item and then reboot to see if it fixes the issue.

If it does, you must rescan your music sources to music library. Or if you don't care for music in Kodi ---everyone uses it primarily, and many only, for videos---, get rid of the Music item for good.
thanks for your answer.
i've never had music in kodi but this freeze time wasn't there before.
i've just tried to disable music but no change
i keep searching

i've just notice that this freeze arrive also when i come back from a menu to the main menu.
not always but sometimes.
And your logs keep pointing to an error associated with an item in the music library?
when it's rehappening during navigation in the menus, no error in the log
only in the boot sequence

i made a new test with a clear database with nothing in it
and the boot is ok in just 2 seconds

i replace my database and the freeze reappear.

so i suspect my database but why only with xonfluence Huh
(2022-03-25, 06:42)udangaribaldi Wrote: @JoeBon 
 - 1.-  .....  
 - 2.- as for setting a specific view-type, the view-types have always been a lil problematic, ... it always tends to revert back to the default view, its a years old issue. 
I have also been dissatisfied with X/Confluence's view modes for a long time, and the solution I propose is to DRASTICALLY reduce the view modes as follows:
  1. Just one media info view. Xonfluence currently has three, which is tantamount to saying it does not know what to end up with so it just throws at us all three unfinished, broken sets of code.
  2. The best media info view in the Kodi universe is Estuary's 3-column view. Every column takes up the entire vertical screen space, so it maximizes visible information while minimizing (actually eliminating) the need for scrolling. Column One: long list view to jump between items. Column Two: artwork. Column Three: metadata (mainly text, but also icons & symbols).
  3. Just one list view. Again, Xonfluence currently has three unfinished, broken sets of code thrown at us. I would go for big list (plus an explanatory text box if possible), but my preference would be for a big list wrapping along three columns, a design offering maximum information while reducing (effectively eliminating) scrolling which however I have not yet seen realized in any skin.
  4. Just one thumbnails view.
  5. Just one view focusing on showcasing artwork. Not just fanart but also actor thumbs. 
  6. If asked to further prune this list I would cut it down it to JUST TWO VIEWS: (a) Estuary's media view mode. (b) Big list with informatory textbox popups.
KISS = keep only the best, eliminate the rest.   
hmmm, i wonder if the view-type could be set via advancedsettings.xml - and if so, would that make a difference
Is there a control which sets a certain view mode as default for a certain window? And which, consequently, can be saved in addon_data/...../settings.xml?
Hi guys...

Can anyone help me with showing the file runtime, instead of file size. Please see the attached screenshot...

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqvk6Rscz1Gjm5AGEhfw...w?e=iN7MOE
Hi guys...

Can anyone help me with showing the file runtime, instead of file size. Please see the attached screenshot...

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqvk6Rscz1Gjm5AGEhfw...w?e=iN7MOE
(2022-04-09, 20:29)sn00per Wrote: Hi guys...

Please don't doublepost on the forum. It's kinda annoying.
Also, I cannot see your 1drv screenshot. Why not use the simpler option to upload an image, using the i-button in the text editor's menu bar next to the smiley option?
(2022-04-09, 20:37)Klojum Wrote:
(2022-04-09, 20:29)sn00per Wrote: Hi guys...

Why not use the simpler option to upload an image, using the i-button in the text editor's menu bar next to the smiley option?
Wow, never figured the i button was to upload an image either, thanks for that!
I was hoping someone could help me modify this skin. I'm trying to eliminate the shadow or shader effect around the pause, or minimum popup seekbar, icons in the lower right hand corner when I ff, rw or pause a video. It seems to be off center on all my devices and I'd like to get rid of it like the original xonfluence skin. I've found several xml files that mention these items and I'm lost.

Also, just out of curiosity, where are all the png files mentioned in the xml files such as osddialogdisplay.png or osdpause.png. I've searched my computer and can't find these image files anywhere. Thanks.
  • 225(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13