• 226(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
(2022-04-14, 06:14)stonedaze Wrote: where are all the png files mentioned in the xml files such as osddialogdisplay.png or osdpause.png
In \addons\skin.xonfluence\media\ and it is the textures.xbt file that contains all the flags and icons.
You need to unpack it using Texture Tool... https://kodi.wiki/view/TextureTool

Can't help you with the other part of your post.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@stonedaze  (edited)  

have a gander in the IncludesOnScreenDisplay.xml  -  will need more info to pin point the control
Thanks for the replies. After finding references to the pause icon and minimum popup seekbar in half a dozen xml files, I realized this is far beyond my comprehension level and I can live with it as is. lol
dont give up so easily, you nearly there Smile   it might seem like you've hit a wall but, keep at it, even if you do put it on the back-boiler for now.  
here is a tip:-  there is a way to show/display the name of the xml and the name of the control whilst you're in kodi  
should help pinpoint exactly what&where in the xmls
(2022-04-15, 14:49)udangaribaldi Wrote: there is a way to show/display the name of the xml and the name of the control whilst you're in kodi  
I remember it was present in a much older version of Xonfluence (or was it a different Confluence MOD?). It is also present in at least one of the many flavors of Confluence Extended ---the one distributed by GUIDO'S SKINBASE--- where it is a skin settings option and called Debug (Log) View or something similar.

I have tried to achieve the effect by tweaking Xonfluence's debug level settings and came to naughter. (One thing I did with success was to activate debug logging without having it pollute the screen with useless info like MEM usage etc. Of course that is something entirely different.)

How did you expose the active xmls?
there is an infolabel  
Window.Property(xmlfile) 
Displays the name of the xml file currently shown
(2022-04-16, 15:53)DiMag Wrote:
(2022-04-15, 14:49)udangaribaldi Wrote: there is a way to show/display the name of the xml and the name of the control whilst you're in kodi  
I remember it was present in a much older version of Xonfluence (or was it a different Confluence MOD?). It is also present in at least one of the many flavors of Confluence Extended ---the one distributed by GUIDO'S SKINBASE--- where it is a skin settings option and called Debug (Log) View or something similar.

I have tried to achieve the effect by tweaking Xonfluence's debug level settings and came to naughter. (One thing I did with success was to activate debug logging without having it pollute the screen with useless info like MEM usage etc. Of course that is something entirely different.)

How did you expose the active xmls?

In the addon.xml of the skin folder you can change debugging to true. Make sure Kodi is closed first.  Looks like this...    <extension point="xbmc.gui.skin" defaultthemename="Textures.xbt" debugging="false" effectslowdown=".5">
@udangaribaldi, @jdig4240  In Re: HOWTO expose active window/control in debug view (SOLVED)

Thank you both for your instant help in this request so important for skin tweaking.

I implemented @jdig4240 's solution as it seemed more straightforward and faster to code. And yes, it bore success. Instantly.

As always, success in solving one issue precipitates some follow-up questions:
  1. Can the setting be toggled (on/off)?
  2. [More important:] I get the name of the active xml file followed by Focused: 9000 (list) or Focused: NNN (radiobutton). I suppose these are the names of the active controls. But what do they mean? Ids? And what search string do you input to hunt them down in your editor? BTW I vaguely remember having met 9000 (list) and 9001 (list) n perusing the xml files, but strangely, only those two numbers.
  3. @udangaribaldi , is your solution more granular? And if so could you explain it further or better yet provide an example out of your tinker box?
Again sincerely thanks to both of you.
use @jdig4240 's solution -  is best  
shows xml and either the label or id (which you search the xml for)  
once you get your head around it - it easy enough to understand what it all means.  

in notepad++, view tab, and click on the function list - a sidepanel will appear with useful info about whats in the xml
@bsoriano - I've noticed the disable hardware acceleration option for avi and other broken Android acceleration video formats now appears to function. However, it only turns it off. It doesn't turn it back on after the video has played for other formats that can use acceleration (like mkv or m4a). I then have to go to settings and turn it back on manually again. It'd be nice if it could check if it's on and turn off for those files and then restore to back on again until it encounters another AVI file. Thanks again for your hard efforts.
THEATER: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
(2022-04-17, 17:41)udangaribaldi Wrote: use @jdig4240 's solution -  is best  
Not until somebody tells me how to toggle debug view on/off with a shortcut... 
The bloody info overlays even the video player screen!
(2022-04-18, 20:44)DiMag Wrote:
(2022-04-17, 17:41)udangaribaldi Wrote: use @jdig4240 's solution -  is best  
Not until somebody tells me how to toggle debug view on/off with a shortcut... 
The bloody info overlays even the video player screen!
Lol, the point is just to use it for testing. Why would you want it on all the time anyways? You can make a simple custom command as a submenu shortcut to do this. The command is Skin.ToggleDebug
Skin.ToggleDebug toggles DEBUG on/off, not DEBUG INFO. It sounds weird, but try it yourself and you shall see. (BTW you don't need make a shortcut for Skin.ToggleDebug. It is already built-in as keyboard shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+D.) 

In fact it is not so much weird as an omission to state clearly that the debug view we are talking about here ---expose or not expose active windows/lists/buttons--- has nothing to do with taking or not taking system debug logs ---the ones to be posted in order to help troubleshooting. Before posting, I fired up CTRL+SHIFT+D. The screen, already polluted by debug info, got further and even more unbearably polluted by senseless info about amount of memory in use, fps, and what-have-you. Pus the indication where all this gets saved to. So before that no debug log was taken. Debug view isn't debug logging, and my request for a switch to toggle it on/off persists.
(2022-04-19, 05:23)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2022-04-18, 20:44)DiMag Wrote: Lol, the point is just to use it for testing. Why would you want it on all the time anyways? 

Try to tell that to somebody like @udangaribaldi who seems to be tinkering as much as merely using.

And don't tell me to switch to an admin profile --- the whole profiles thing in Kodi is useless (and costly in storage space) to somebody who just needs to temporarily switch to su (Administrator) then go on being normal user. It makes sense to separate content in use by dad, mom and kids, but only that.
(2022-04-19, 09:37)DiMag Wrote: the whole profiles thing in Kodi is useless (and costly in storage space)

Well, it's certainly not useless, even I am using profiles as a single user for testing/using different setups.
But they can take up storage space depending on the selected video sources. In some cases, pathsubtitution for thumbnails can reduce the storage load quite a bit.
  • 226(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13