• 229(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
I get it visually. A widget which does not look like a reel but, rather, like an Infoview viewtype (scrolling list, explanatory, artwork). All info you need without having to click-select an item: very useful indeed, and a time saver.

Also, you are right, with this design you can have only one widget per menu item.
As to what the choice of the right font can do --- don't get me worked on this. I replace the Font.xml file in EVERY skin I use with a custom file referencing NotoSerif.ttf instead of Roboto.ttf (and put the font itself not in the skin folder but under $USER_DIR/media/fonts to be accessible by all skins) and, boy, it looks crisp, professional, and is legible.
@DiMag  - i tend to only 'add to', 'give more options than just having an alternative' - rather than removing things i dont like  
take the default button-focus.png - hated & despised by some - but i wont get rid of it - i just add more options so peeps can change it  

p.s. - ive tried&tested 100's if not 1000's of .ttf's and only kept 2 i use
I updated my TV show database to use the new TVDBv4 scraper, as instructed on the main kodi blog, and now my TV Shows 'Recently Added' episodes widget has the show name art overlaid on top of the new episode thumbnail. I feel like I remember that being an issue in the past, but how do I turn it off? It's only in this widget...
could it be something to do with String.IsEmpty / String.IsEqual or Reset the control - ive come across similar issues when tinkering with other things(things tend to overlay)  
im not a coder im just a tinkerer
Hoping someone can help me...
I finally upgraded my Media Centre (long overdue) with a new cpu\motherboard\ram\ssd (i went from an AMD FX 4100 to a Ryzen 3 4100 CPU.. so obviously now also using m2 NVMe SSD)
Anyway, the upgraded machine is running Win10 Pro (build 21H2), Kodi Matrix 19.4 with the Xonfluence skin version 4.1.1

When i start Kodi, the Kodi animation runs, it briefly then shows the Xonfluence normal skin, and then the Kodi animation runs a 2nd time and then i get the Xonfluence skin again.
How can i disable the animation to not run at all?  i tried deleting the animation video from AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.xonfluence\extras\intro - but if i delete the video the skin wont load (it's almost like the skin is dependent upon animation video).
i also tried modifying AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.xonfluence\xml\startup.xml to comment out the line referring to the animation video but that seemed to have no effect.

Additionally, how could i hide the kodi logo from displaying in the top left corner?
Both "issues" can be solved by enabling/disabling appropriate settings in menu. No need to edit or delete any xml or other files.
Where's the option for disabling the Kodi Animation on start?  I've been thru everything but no such option appears to exist.
(2022-09-22, 09:03)BlissSol Wrote: Where's the option for disabling the Kodi Animation on start?  I've been thru everything but no such option appears to exist.

No, you didn't.
It is in Scripts -> Startup window and here you have a checkbox "Enable kodi intro movie"
@DiMag  regarding floor buttons - ive been tinkering and you should have a look at the floor buttons options in the skin settings  
One Button but you can change the action(what it does) and the button could go anywhere  
in IncludesVariables.xml check out  
HomePowerBtnCommand  
PowerBtnCommandLabel  
in IncludesMainMenu.xml check out  
Power push button  
in SkinSettings.xml check out  
31079 & 31078  

replicate code, make sure ids, labels, strings.po, etc. get sorted. 
then you basically just change the actions to what you want  
thats just one button - imagine what you could do with a buttonset
(2022-09-26, 13:26)udangaribaldi Wrote: @DiMag  regarding floor buttons - ive been tinkering and you should have a look at the floor buttons options in the skin settings  
thats just one button - imagine what you could do with a buttonset

Buttonset - You mean something like a taskbar like Apple/Windows (actually an invention of *box window managers in UNIX)? Yes, very good idea. In principle, and provided the UI is mouse-centric. Kodi isn't, so before endorsing the idea I must be convinced that a taskbar, in Kodi, exceeds the benefits to be had by a dialog popup listbox which are more native to Kodi. The most known of these is the popup power menu (activated by pressing S) aka xml/DialogMenuButton.xml. Plus Kodi includes the Commands addon which enables you to craft your own custom dialog popup listbox. Coding it is kid simple, plus all your customizations survive updates as they are saved in $USER_DIR/userdata/addon_data. This is a huge advantage compared to tinkering with skin files as they get lost on upgrades. And even if you fork your skin and rename it to something like $skin_name_$fork_name a customized Commands listbox has the additional advantage that it can be used among all skins.
hmmm - ive come across the commands addon in the past....will need to have a tinker
i know it's minor but...  
i noticed a missing strings.po for the LowList view-type in the options when changing view-type in the sideblade  
just need to add to the strings.po  

msgctxt "#31648"
msgid "LowList"
msgstr ""
Does this work on Nexus please?
I have tested Xonfluence on Nexus and yes, it works. As it should. And if it doesn't, or does with glitches, change manually the build number in skin.xonfluence/addon.xml to the one corresponding to Nexus.
  • 229(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13