Video lectures info /nfo
I have a set of video lectures from couple universities and I want to somehow identify them.
Some are just stand alone but many are a part of a lecture series.
These are not TV Shows or Movies and they do not have any specific relationship with IMDB or another video DB.

What are my options about feeding kodi information about them?
Every video lectures series sits in a different directory.

I am mainly using kodi to keep track of my progress.

(wasn't sure where is the right place to post it)
@elicro

Adding them to the library is possible. You will need to use NFO Files.

I understand they are not "Movies" or "TV Shows", but you will still need to pick which class of media they are. Sounds like you should save them as TV Shows as most are "part of a lecture series"

Link to the wiki page is in My Signature below. You will need a tvshow.nfo file and an <episode-file>.nfo for each lecture in that tv show. I assume you would have numerous tv shows for the different types of lecture series. Samples of these nfo files are in the wiki, and it is just a matter of copying them, removing the sample data and adding your own info. Not all fields need to be added, but a "must have" is the uniqueID, everything else is optional.

You can then separate the lectures from your traditional movies and tv shows using Custom home items (wiki)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
OK So I looked at the wiki and couple things are not really clear to me.
Let's take one course as an example(if you don't mind).
Can I just use a single TV-Show nfo file instead of a singe episode for each?

"Ultimate Go Programming": https://www.amazon.com/Lesson-10-Channels/dp/B07N2KPRF9
Banner or Poster would be: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/...SX300_.jpg

If the ID needs to be unique, how would it not collide with some IMDB or other DB id?
Can I specific a specific local uniqueid DB or set or whatever that would not collide with others?

Currently I have the next path: "X:\Oreilly\Ultimate Go Programming" But it can be changed.
The Video files are starting with 3 digits numbers ie:
1) "001 - .... Introduction.mp4"
2) "002 - .... name.mp4"
1022) "102 - .... Summary.mp4"

xml:

<tvshow>
<title>Ultimate Go Programming, 2nd Edition</title>
<originaltitle>Ultimate Go Programming</originaltitle>
<showtitle>Ultimate Go Programming</showtitle>
<userrating>3</userrating>
<top250>0</top250>
<season>1</season>
<episode>102</episode>
<displayseason>-1</displayseason>
<displayepisode>-1</displayepisode>
<outline></outline>
<plot>Provides an intensive, comprehensive, and idiomatic view of the Go programming language. This focuses on the specification and implementation of the language, including topics ranging from language syntax, design, and guidelines to concurrency, testing, and profiling. This is for anyone who wants a jump-start in learning Go or wants a thorough understanding of the language and its internals.</plot>
<tagline></tagline>
<runtime>45</runtime>
<thumb aspect="banner">http://thetvdb.com/banners/text/12.jpg</thumb>
<thumb aspect="poster">http://thetvdb.com/banners/posters/71035-4.jpg</thumb>
<thumb aspect="poster" type="season" season="-1">http://thetvdb.com/banners/posters/71035-4.jpg</thumb>
<mpaa>TV-PG</mpaa>
<playcount>0</playcount>
<lastplayed></lastplayed>
<file></file>
<path>E:\TV Shows-Test - Copy\Angel\</path>
<filenameandpath></filenameandpath>
<basepath>E:\TV Shows-Test - Copy\Angel\</basepath>
<id>71035</id>
<uniqueid type="unknown" default="true">71035</uniqueid>
<genre>Lectues</genre>
<tag>Programming</tag>
<tag>GoLang</tag>
<tag>Pearson</tag>
<tag>William Kennedy</tag>
<premiered>2018-09-14</premiered>
<year>2018</year>
<status>Ended</status>
<aired></aired>
<studio>Pearson</studio>
<resume>
<position>0.000000</position>
<total>0.000000</total>
</resume>
<art>
<banner>banner.jpg</banner>
<fanart>fanart.jpg</fanart>
<poster>poster.jpg</poster>
</art>
</tvshow>
(2019-08-15, 07:08)elicro Wrote: Can I just use a single TV-Show nfo file instead of a singe episode for each?
No. If you do not add the episode nfo files, then the episodes will not be scanned. The tvshow.nfo and episode nfo files work together unlike a single movie that requires only a single nfo file.

(2019-08-15, 07:08)elicro Wrote: If the ID needs to be unique, how would it not collide with some IMDB or other DB id?
The ID can be any alpha-numeric string. IMDB ID all start off with tt and TMDB are just whole numbers. Kodi uses an identifier to ensure there is no overlap anyway. In the example below, I have used "lessons" as the identifier. In your example above, you could use (for example) amzugp as the tvshow id and then amzugp01 for episode/lesson 01.

(2019-08-15, 07:08)elicro Wrote: Currently I have the next path: "X:\Oreilly\Ultimate Go Programming" But it can be changed.
The Video files are starting with 3 digits numbers ie:
1) "001 - .... Introduction.mp4"
2) "002 - .... name.mp4"
1022) "102 - .... Summary.mp4"
The path is ok. You would set x:\Oreilly as your Source in Kodi and I assume you would have your other tvshows in Oreilly folder.

The lesson/episodes will need to be modified. Rename 001 - .... Introduction.mp4 to "S01E01 - .... Introduction.mp4 or any numbering listed in the table... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_file...e_Episodes

As for your nfo file, I have removed some items as Kodi will just recreate them internally. If you are using local artwork none of the artwork links are required as long as you correctly name the Artwork_types (wiki)

xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<tvshow>
<title>Ultimate Go Programming, 2nd Edition</title>
<originaltitle>Ultimate Go Programming</originaltitle>
<userrating>3</userrating>
<top250>0</top250>
<plot>Provides an intensive, comprehensive, and idiomatic view of the Go programming language. This focuses on the specification and implementation of the language, including topics ranging from language syntax, design, and guidelines to concurrency, testing, and profiling. This is for anyone who wants a jump-start in learning Go or wants a thorough understanding of the language and its internals.</plot>
<runtime>45</runtime>
<mpaa></mpaa>
<playcount>0</playcount>
<lastplayed></lastplayed>
<uniqueid type="lessons" default="true">amzupg</uniqueid>
<genre>Lectures</genre>
<tag>Programming</tag>
<tag>GoLang</tag>
<tag>Pearson</tag>
<tag>William Kennedy</tag>
<year>2018</year>
<status>Ended</status>
<aired></aired>
<studio>Pearson</studio>
<actor>
<name>William Kennedy</name>
<role>Lecturer</role>
<order>1</order>
<thumb>https://gopherconindia.com/images/speakers/william-kennedy.jpg</thumb>
</actor>
</tvshow>
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Depending on which skin you use, you can then create Custom home items (wiki) for your lectures, then modify the main TV Show menu item to exclude lessons. See Custom home items (wiki)

Here is your episode file for the first lesson. You can use it as a template to create the others. Once you correct any mistakes, then only the UniqueID, title and plot need to be changed for each lesson...

xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<episodedetails>
<title>Lesson 1: Design Guidelines</title>
<userrating>0</userrating>
<top250>0</top250>
<plot>Lesson 1 includes: Prepare Your Mind; Productivity versus Performance; Correctness versus Performance; Code Reviews</plot>
<uniqueid type="lessons" default="true">amzugp01</uniqueid>
<genre>Lectures</genre>
<credits>William Kennedy</credits>
<director>William Kennedy</director>
<year>2018</year>
<aired>2018-09-14</aired>
<studio>Netflix</studio>
</episodedetails>
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video lectures info /nfo0