Solved I take it the BBC iPlayer addon is dead?
I take it the BBC iPlayer addon is dead?

If it's still alive, where can I find the up to date version?

Jon
(2019-08-15, 14:58)jonboyp1976 Wrote: I take it the BBC iPlayer addon is dead?  If it's still alive, where can I find the up to date version?
It's working, and in the main Kodi Repo, and is UK only.  It is listed as IPlayer WWW, which begs the question for me, why isn't it called BBC IPlayer to avoid confusion.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=239378

It was called iPlayer WWW precisely to avoid confusion with a previous and seperate "BBC iPlayer" addon which was obsolete and no longer working. As it scrapes information from the website rather than going directly to BBC databases, it was called WWW.

IPlayer WWW is perfectly functional, does almost everything required from it and is very well supported by @CaptainT and a few other contributors.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-08-15, 15:34)DarrenHill Wrote: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=239378

It was called iPlayer WWW precisely to avoid confusion with a previous and seperate "BBC iPlayer" addon which was obsolete and no longer working. As it scrapes information from the website rather than going directly to BBC databases, it was called WWW.
I knew I shouldn't have commented.  Rookies! Smile
(2019-08-15, 15:18)barney63 Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 14:58)jonboyp1976 Wrote: I take it the BBC iPlayer addon is dead?  If it's still alive, where can I find the up to date version?
It's working, and in the main Kodi Repo, and is UK only.  It is listed as IPlayer WWW, which begs the question for me, why isn't it called BBC IPlayer to avoid confusion.

Yes, iPlayer WWW is the one I have I think. Will have to double check now.
Bah!

I had the wrong one installed. WWW version now installed and working perfectly, thanks folks.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I take it the BBC iPlayer addon is dead?0