how to run kodi minimized in tray ?
(2019-08-18, 17:00)fritsch Wrote: Kodi is not designed for your usecase. It was designed to run an interface controllable by a remote from 5 meters away.

That's why all those pseudo server headless hacks are nothing else then hacks.
let me explain myself (i cant find possibility to edit message)

i have a stationary PC which i use for my every day job as a developer (or could be just home PC for playing games)
i have linux installed on it and i wasnt able to find more convenient in use UPNP server for linux than kodi.
all i need is to join external HDD and i have access to media library without need to all the time setup smth, without need to refresh some indexes in case some new media added and so on 
i have some TVs in different rooms, some of them are modern some outdated but with UPNP support
children, wife and me have different devices like mentioned TVs, laptops, tablets, phones with different OSes like windows, android, ios and something unknown on LG TV 6 years old
and it extremely convenient to have everywhere and on every platform one application for media needs.

what is wrong with my use case i dont know and why not just add an native option to start kodi minimized in tray + possibility to minimize it in tray (even if you think it wasnt designed for this but many of us using it the way i have described simply because it is great and very convenient use case and great application)

Messages In This Thread
RE: how to run kodi minimized in tray ? - by seugenev - 2019-08-18, 18:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to run kodi minimized in tray ?0