Kodi setup issue with nvidia dual head and SBS
Dear all,

I'm trying to configure Side By Side screen into an extended desktop, but I'm suffering of several issues. Bellow my setup.

- Classic AMD64 capable processor
- Nvidia GTX 560 Ti
- Dual beamer with polarized filter.
- 3D polarized glasses.

The distribution (also tested with OpenElec):

- Debian Buster with Multimedia repository.
- Kodi 18.3 from http://deb-multimedia.org/
- Nvidia proprietary drivers installed and Xinerama enabled as "one big screen".

The issues :

- If I enable Side by side setting from System > Display > Stereoscopic 3D mode / Current, the Kodi GUI become stretchy.
- The Side by side setting is often changed itself or often after a reboot and is back to Disabled.
- Playing a wide 3D video (3840x1050) is working fine any way.
- Playing a normal 2D video (1920x1050) is not working, video is centered in the middle of the "one big screen", so cut in half for each beamer output.

Of course I tried to play with various settings from video playback, but no chance to have something perfect.

Does anybody already experiment this kind of setup?
(2019-08-20, 11:11)obitwo Wrote: Does anybody already experiment this kind of setup?
I think it's safe to say that you are one of the first, if not THE first, to come up with this combination of hardware and software. Smile

(2019-08-20, 11:11)obitwo Wrote: I'm trying to configure Side By Side screen into an extended desktop,
Kodi is not very much 'multi-screen capable' (just like in OpenELEC), in fact the only thing that is possible is clone-mode on multiple monitors: every monitor has identical content.
Thanks Klojum for your answer.

I finally fixed Side by Side settings in startup and after video playback with Kodi Callbacks extension. I just created a new builtin task, used SetStereoMode("split_vertical") Function and assigned on two events on Startup and on PlayBack Ended.

Unfortunately, the 2D video playback is still cut in half or centered. I read in this thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257531 that mediacodec should be disabled, but I have no such of option in PlayBack option.

Clone image from graphic card settings is not an option for me as this needs to be a standalone player (only Kodi is installed on this computer), and graphics option is managed by xorg.conf file. Using clone will break the 3D SBS feature.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi setup issue with nvidia dual head and SBS0