Android Kodi suddenly stop streaming in middle of movies (using SMB)
Hi kodi users !

I recently bought a Synology DS218J that let me back up some files and stream some movies at home on my tv with my xiaomi mi box tv s. So I connected kodi to it (credentials etc...), all is working nice, the image and sound are good etc... But each time I'm watching a movie, it's stopping at least one time in the middle of it ! (Sometimes after 20 minutes, sometimes 40...)

So I decided to check the logs and ask you if you could maybe help me if you understand my problem ? :/ Maybe it's a known bug ? Or I forgot to configure something in Kodi ?

Here's the entire log : kodi log
The problem is at this line: 2019-08-20 21:06:40.295 T:6022   ERROR: Read - Error( -1, 103, Software caused connection abort )

Thanks in advance for you answer !
2019-08-20 20:25:10.636 T:4675 NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.

We prefer to have debugging enabled (loglevel 1 or 2) from the start for a more detailed log, not somewhere in between.
So enable debugging, restart Kodi for a clean log file, and wait for the problem to occur.

Kodi shouldn't need any specific settings. If if works fro 20-30 minutes, then it should work always.

Although SMB should not be a problem for any Synology NAS, have you also tried using NFS?
(2019-08-21, 06:00)Klojum Wrote: 2019-08-20 20:25:10.636 T:4675 NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.

We prefer to have debugging enabled (loglevel 1 or 2) from the start for a more detailed log, not somewhere in between.
So enable debugging, restart Kodi for a clean log file, and wait for the problem to occur.

Kodi shouldn't need any specific settings. If if works fro 20-30 minutes, then it should work always.

Although SMB should not be a problem for any Synology NAS, have you also tried using NFS?

Thanks for your fast answer ! 

I will launch a movie tomorrow during the day with the debugging enabled to have the logs then.

I talk about SMB because on internet I saw someone telling that maybe SMB 2 or 3 could occurs this kind of problem maybe ? Or maybe Amlogic compatibility with kodi ? (I'm not expert about that maybe I'm wrong)

I'll keep you posted tomorrow with good logs !

Thanks again for your fast answer and have a good evening !
Unfortunately, I played more than 5 movies (some the same I had the problems) but kodi didn't stop at all Sad It's like he knew I was looking at him to occurs a bug... But I'm sure before I posted my problem here, I have it each time I watch a movie !

Anyway, I will keep you posted if I experience the problem again !

Thanks for your help by the way !
(2019-08-27, 22:00)Bloroi Wrote: Unfortunately, I played more than 5 movies (some the same I had the problems) but kodi didn't stop at all Sad It's like he knew I was looking at him to occurs a bug... But I'm sure before I posted my problem here, I have it each time I watch a movie !

I found this today, and allowing SMB3 as the maximum SMB protocol worked for me.

https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/movie-stops-...date/69819

Good luck.
(2019-09-03, 16:16)bdlewis2745 Wrote:
(2019-08-27, 22:00)Bloroi Wrote: Unfortunately, I played more than 5 movies (some the same I had the problems) but kodi didn't stop at all Sad It's like he knew I was looking at him to occurs a bug... But I'm sure before I posted my problem here, I have it each time I watch a movie !

I found this today, and allowing SMB3 as the maximum SMB protocol worked for me.

https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/movie-stops-...date/69819

Good luck. 

Thanks for your help, I will test it soon and will come back here to say if it works ! Wink Since a few days now, movies are buffering every 5-10 minutes Sad I hope when I will change to SMB 3 it will fix it :p
Hi everyone, I tested and always experienced the problem... I was very hungry and tried to test again on wifi 2.4ghz instead of 5.0ghz and now it works like a charm ! Big Grin It seems that my Wifi 5.0ghz is instable for some reasons but why... ? Very strange... anyway the 2.4ghz wifi is really enough and I don't have more problems !

Anyway, thanks for all your help everyone !

See you !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi suddenly stop streaming in middle of movies (using SMB)0