Automatic sync of skin translations between Transifex and your Github
The sync utility should be up and running again, which makes it possible to automatically sync skin translations between Kodi's Transifex and your skin's Github.

If you would like your skin to automatically get Transifex updates directly to your Github, please send me a PM.

I require the following info: 
  • Please provide a valid email address.
  • Please add github user "txtranslation" to your specific github repo as collaborator.
  • Please provide a link to your addon's addon.xml file, with the right branch in it.
  • Please give me a desired interval of getting the updates in your Github repository. Default is 5 days, but it is up to you.
    Please note that in case there is a syntax problem with the source english (en_GB) string.po file, or the addon.xml file, I will do unscheduled commits to correct the specific problem.
  • Please decide, if you need/want to have a minor version bump (in your addon.xml file) along with a new log entry in your changelog.txt entry

After this, syncing between your Github repo and Transifex is done automatically.

A big thanks goes out to Attila Jakosa (alanwww1)!
Is this option available for addons? Way back I was trying to use Transifex for my addons, but it became so hard to manage, I gave up.
(2019-08-22, 18:22)pkscout Wrote: Is this option available for addons? Way back I was trying to use Transifex for my addons, but it became so hard to manage, I gave up.

It was, some time ago.

I don't know about the future for translations of add-ons.
I have only picked up on skin translations.
@Gade - I've pinned this thread. Definitely should be kept at the top. Wink
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Thanks, I completely agree. Wink
@Gade , it seems the sync with Transifex is not working well (at least for Amber); the version of the English strings in Transifex is from September 1st, and I have made several changes since then.  Is there anything additional I need to do to re-engage the weekly sync? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart.

I have also seen that it has stopped. There's nothing you can do Smile
I'll ping Attila to hear what can be done.

Cheers
Gade
(2019-10-09, 23:54)Gade Wrote: Hi Bart.

I have also seen that it has stopped. There's nothing you can do Smile
I'll ping Attila to hear what can be done.

Cheers
Gade
Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatic sync of skin translations between Transifex and your Github0