Adding Metadata to Bulk .strm
Hi 
I have a lot of .strm that I would like to add the same metadata to all (just so I have flags displayed and not ...)
Is it possible to do this as a bulk action like renaming.

This what I'd like to include:-
Video Source(4K) - Video Codec(hevc) - a HDR flag - 10 Bit flag - Resolution(HD 2160p) - Aspect Ratio(1.78:1) - Audio Codec(Digital DTS) - Channels(6 or 5.1)

Complete beginner so any help would be appreciated
Yes, there are two options:

You can set a default set of video, audio and subtitle setting for file extension. That setting will be used if Ember can't get any metadata from the file. That should be working with .strm files because they are no video files. You have to "re-scrape" the metadata only to add your presets to your movies.

For the video source information you have to set here. The problem is that the settings dialog has a bug: the first character of the file extension entry will be removed every time you open the settings. That means you have to fix that entries every time you open the settings Smile You get the new preset if you hit F5 on one or multiple selected movies. Another way is to set it manually via the context menu => Clear or replace data fields => Video source. Works also with one or multiple movies.

(2019-08-22, 20:22)DanCooper Wrote: Yes, there are two options:

You can set a default set of video, audio and subtitle setting for file extension. That setting will be used if Ember can't get any metadata from the file. That should be working with .strm files because they are no video files. You have to "re-scrape" the metadata only to add your presets to your movies.

For the video source information you have to set here. The problem is that the settings dialog has a bug: the first character of the file extension entry will be removed every time you open the settings. That means you have to fix that entries every time you open the settings Smile You get the new preset if you hit F5 on one or multiple selected movies. Another way is to set it manually via the context menu => Clear or replace data fields => Video source. Works also with one or multiple movies.

Dan Just followed your instructions and it worked except:-
No video source even though I entered it manually. For some reason kodi will only display it if added to filename, Is that right.
In the Metadata I entered 10 Bit for video and it is still in there but have 8 Bit flag showing.
Also do you know what determines a HDR flag instead of SDR.
And can I remove "-eng' form 5.1-eng
Thanks
(2019-08-22, 21:19)aceuk Wrote: No video source even though I entered it manually. For some reason kodi will only display it if added to filename, Is that right.
Yes, <videosource> is an Ember-only parameter. You can use it in the renamer to tag the file name for Kodi.

(2019-08-22, 21:19)aceuk Wrote: In the Metadata I entered 10 Bit for video and it is still in there but have 8 Bit flag showing.
Im not shure how Kodi handle that. Usually Kodi analyse the file and overwrite the fileinfo from NFOs if possible. I don't know how HDR can be tagged.

(2019-08-22, 21:19)aceuk Wrote: And can I remove "-eng' form 5.1-eng
Where?
(2019-08-23, 10:13)DanCooper Wrote:
(2019-08-22, 21:19)aceuk Wrote: No video source even though I entered it manually. For some reason kodi will only display it if added to filename, Is that right.
Yes, <videosource> is an Ember-only parameter. You can use it in the renamer to tag the file name for Kodi.

(2019-08-22, 21:19)aceuk Wrote: In the Metadata I entered 10 Bit for video and it is still in there but have 8 Bit flag showing.
Im not shure how Kodi handle that. Usually Kodi analyse the file and overwrite the fileinfo from NFOs if possible. I don't know how HDR can be tagged.

(2019-08-22, 21:19)aceuk Wrote: And can I remove "-eng' form 5.1-eng
Where?  

Hi Dan
So do I understand it right that kodi gets info from file then overwrites the .nfo. If so whats the point of adding metadata to .nfo
I've found out that you have to add HDR to the filename
See pic above in the yellow box 2.0 is channels flag (I have colour ones in texture file but not being displayed) -eng is language flag , would like to remove if possible .
I have tried removing language lines from .nfo for Audio & Video but no joy.
Any ideas
I should add I am new to this so sorry if questions seem pointless
(2019-08-23, 11:21)aceuk Wrote: So do I understand it right that kodi gets info from file then overwrites the .nfo. If so whats the point of adding metadata to .nfo
No, Kodi doesn't overwrite the NFO, but it reads the <fileinfo> from the NFO and run an video file analyse in the background if Kodi has nothing other to doo and overwrite the info in the Kodi database. If you start a video than the info will be analysed and stored to the Kodi DB immediately.
(2019-08-23, 11:21)aceuk Wrote: See pic above in the yellow box 2.0 is channels flag (I have colour ones in texture file but not being displayed) -eng is language flag , would like to remove if possible .
I think that's a skin based result.
(2019-08-23, 15:24)DanCooper Wrote:
(2019-08-23, 11:21)aceuk Wrote: So do I understand it right that kodi gets info from file then overwrites the .nfo. If so whats the point of adding metadata to .nfo
No, Kodi doesn't overwrite the NFO, but it reads the <fileinfo> from the NFO and run an video file analyse in the background if Kodi has nothing other to doo and overwrite the info in the Kodi database. If you start a video than the info will be analysed and stored to the Kodi DB immediately.
(2019-08-23, 11:21)aceuk Wrote: See pic above in the yellow box 2.0 is channels flag (I have colour ones in texture file but not being displayed) -eng is language flag , would like to remove if possible .
I think that's a skin based result. 
Dan thanks for youe help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding Metadata to Bulk .strm0