Trying to change the app_name when compiling plus include inputstream
From what I have read while searching I am having a strange issue. 

I am trying to compile kodi source in to an APK using Ubuntu 18. I have already customized some images and made some other changes.

When I go in to version.txt and change the APP_NAME as well as the other information, the build finishes and works, but it is missing some add ons like inputstream.

If I leave the APP_NA<E kodi in the version text but still change everything else, the build finishes and works, and it also has inputstream built. 

I am trying to make it where I have my custom name as well as inputstream, but I have not been able to figure out a solution. 

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

This is for kodi 18.2.

I did try to leave the APP_NAME in the version.txt as kodi, and then change the app_name in the androidmanifest files to what I want it to be, and the build did work, and it looked like it was going to do everything I wanted, but on install the app kept crashing and would never run. 

I have also tried simply using APKtool to decompile the app and then change the app name once decompiled and recompile it, but APKtool does not recomiple it. It has something about the androidmanifest I think.
Seems like you built binary add-ons some time ago for APP_NAME Kodi, https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/Leia/d...ry-add-ons.

To built it for a different APP_NAME, change the APP_NAME, configure depends, build depends, execute 'make -j$(getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN) -C tools/depends/target/binary-addons ADDONS="inputstream.adaptive"', continue with building Kodi and creating an apk.
(2019-08-24, 09:03)Rechi Wrote: Seems like you built binary add-ons some time ago for APP_NAME Kodi, https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/Leia/d...ry-add-ons.

To built it for a different APP_NAME, change the APP_NAME, configure depends, build depends, execute 'make -j$(getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN) -C tools/depends/target/binary-addons ADDONS="inputstream.adaptive"', continue with building Kodi and creating an apk.

Thank you very much. I will give that a try.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trying to change the app_name when compiling plus include inputstream0