Issue with Xbox media remote and kodi
Hi all, don’t know it anyone else is having the same issue but I can’t scroll through my movies anymore on my official Xbox media remote control when using kodi.

When pressing the directional buttons it only moves in the direction once every button press.
I never used to have this issue and not sure if it’s a recent update but is extremely frustrating.

Using the Xbox controller scrolls between selections as before but looks like the media remote have been changed.

Iv tried brand new batteries also and this hasn’t fixed the issue.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
I know this is an oldish thread, but it sounds like the remote may have simply been low on battery.
No this problem is still there. It’s like the long press is not being recognized by Kodi when it works outside of Kodi without a problem.

It’s driving me nuts
(2019-10-11, 05:42)ozkhan1 Wrote: No this problem is still there. It’s like the long press is not being recognized by Kodi when it works outside of Kodi without a problem.

It’s driving me nuts

Definitely not batteries, it’s an issue with the latest dashboard. I’m having to either use the controller or navigate by using the a-z. Just with it would get fixed as all other apps don’t have this problem.
(2019-10-11, 14:41)Sholi Wrote:
(2019-10-11, 05:42)ozkhan1 Wrote: No this problem is still there. It’s like the long press is not being recognized by Kodi when it works outside of Kodi without a problem.

It’s driving me nuts

Definitely not batteries, it’s an issue with the latest dashboard. I’m having to either use the controller or navigate by using the a-z. Just with it would get fixed as all other apps don’t have this problem.

I believe this could be resolved with a modified key map for long presses. I used a Flirc and it worked fine. I just don’t want to use FLIRc because it doesn’t wake up the Xbox from sleep.
(2019-10-11, 14:41)Sholi Wrote:

It’s driving me nuts

Hm. Odd that the media remote longpress seems to work fine on the dashboard itself... I wonder what they could have changed to only mess up in Kodi.
This has happened to me too.  Kodi 18.4, new batteries in remote, etc.  Nothing new...I updated the xbox today and suddenly holding down directions on media remote does not scroll.  Essentially makes my library impossible to navigate.

If anyone knows a fix, including OP, please help.

Thanks
(2019-10-21, 23:29)pearl25 Wrote: This has happened to me too.  Kodi 18.4, new batteries in remote, etc.  Nothing new...I updated the xbox today and suddenly holding down directions on media remote does not scroll.  Essentially makes my library impossible to navigate.

If anyone knows a fix, including OP, please help.

Thanks

Yeah, it seems to be an issue that showed up with the October Xbox update. I'm guessing those that reported it earlier were on Insider channels. It's only affecting Kodi right now, so there must be something unique in how Kodi is handling longpresses that the Xbox update broke for the Media Remote, but not for the controller.

@afedchin Any idea what might be going on here?
I’m on the alpha skip and still hasn’t been fixed. I assume the onus is on the kodi team to update the app to support the new dash. Didn’t think it’s was going to be so long before the issue was fixed so have been using kodi on my fire tv since the update as im sick of trying to navigate the menus on Xbox.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue with Xbox media remote and kodi0