Solved HDHR3-US work with the AddOn?
I installed the Addon and it runs, no errors popup... I dont see any place to open the Channel Guide?  I have Discover, Now Showing ,etc... when I choose something it shows me a 'channel like' gride but no way to Watch Live TV -- only setup recording rules.

help!?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
(2019-08-25, 03:46)Livin Wrote: I installed the Addon and it runs, no errors popup... I dont see any place to open the Channel Guide?  I have Discover, Now Showing ,etc... when I choose something it shows me a 'channel like' gride but no way to Watch Live TV -- only setup recording rules.

help!?

Hi Livin, based on the description you are using the HDHomeRun Python script-based addon from SiliconDust as opposed to the Kodi PVR addon. "Script - HDHomeRun" instead of "PVR clients - PVR HDHomeRun client" (pvr.hdhomerun).  Installing the latter integrates more seamlessly into Kodi, the Script-based one is a separate app/UI that looks and behaves more like SiliconDust's native application.
(2019-09-06, 04:46)djp952 Wrote:
(2019-08-25, 03:46)Livin Wrote: I installed the Addon and it runs, no errors popup... I dont see any place to open the Channel Guide?  I have Discover, Now Showing ,etc... when I choose something it shows me a 'channel like' gride but no way to Watch Live TV -- only setup recording rules.

help!?

Hi Livin, based on the description you are using the HDHomeRun Python script-based addon from SiliconDust as opposed to the Kodi PVR addon. "Script - HDHomeRun" instead of "PVR clients - PVR HDHomeRun client" (pvr.hdhomerun).  Installing the latter integrates more seamlessly into Kodi, the Script-based one is a separate app/UI that looks and behaves more like SiliconDust's native application. 
Yes I was... does the PVR Homerun require the HDHR DVR service? I don't pay for the HDHR subscription.
Looks like the PVR HDHomeRun client doesnt support HDHR3-US ... sux!
Maybe try setting up a TVHeadend server in between and see if that can see the HDHR? If so then just use that and the TVH PVR in Kodi instead?

Also get the benefit of free PVR recording on the TVH server...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-09-09, 09:00)DarrenHill Wrote: Maybe try setting up a TVHeadend server in between and see if that can see the HDHR? If so then just use that and the TVH PVR in Kodi instead?

Also get the benefit of free PVR recording on the TVH server...

That doesnt make the add-on work, it simply avoids using it... which I can and have already been doing with ServerWMC. I was trying to simplify the setup, not add more stuff to it.
(2019-09-09, 03:31)Livin Wrote: Looks like the PVR HDHomeRun client doesnt support HDHR3-US ... sux!

I don't have an HDHR3-US to try out with pvr.hdhomerun, but it should work? All of the modern HDHomeRun devices use the same basic methods of discovery and HTTP-based streaming, what is the symptom? Is it not being detected by the addon, or not streaming?

The DVR subscription isn't required to use the built-in Kodi addon.
(2019-09-11, 01:04)djp952 Wrote:
(2019-09-09, 03:31)Livin Wrote: Looks like the PVR HDHomeRun client doesnt support HDHR3-US ... sux!

I don't have an HDHR3-US to try out with pvr.hdhomerun, but it should work? All of the modern HDHomeRun devices use the same basic methods of discovery and HTTP-based streaming, what is the symptom? Is it not being detected by the addon, or not streaming?

The DVR subscription isn't required to use the built-in Kodi addon. 

I cant get it to work with this plugin... but the HDHR3-US works fine with the Plex DVR & Windows Media Center DVR
From memory the hd-hr3 uses the old API, so the official hdhomerun stuff doesnt work with it anymore from memory, and the binary add-on definitely doesn't.

I don't think the old API was all the difficult, but it was ripped out a long time ago, and I don't think there were any Devs interested in putting it back in.
(2019-09-22, 09:06)Fuzzard Wrote: From memory the hd-hr3 uses the old API, so the official hdhomerun stuff doesnt work with it anymore from memory, and the binary add-on definitely doesn't.

I don't think the old API was all the difficult, but it was ripped out a long time ago, and I don't think there were any Devs interested in putting it back in.

Both "HDHR-US" (the original HD Homerun), and "HDHR3-US" seem to be in the same boat (you can get the model number by running "hdhomerun_config (device id) get /sys/hwmodel", btw).  Strange that the original model isn't included on the HDHomeRun PVR wiki.

Fuzzard, this code is C/C++?  I'd work on it, but my experience is with Java/Kotlin/Android/Swift lately...never was a C guy.

I'd like an expert opinion on something:  Should I just give-up trying to get Kodi to play live OTA TV that's coming from my two old HDHR-US devices?  If not, where do I go from here?  All I've done is put LibreELEC on a Pi 3 and hit this "old HDHR" roadblock.

I don't really need DVR or EPG functionality on that TV's Kodi...just live TV.  My other (main) TV is running CW_EPG (which supports new and old HDHR devices, and I'm one of the developers on that project), so that handles all of my DVR needs.  This is Kodi install is just a secondary TV for the spouse to use.
See my other reply to you - try installing the TVHeadEnd addon from the LE repo and see if that can see them as a middle-man between LE and the HDHR.

Or you may be able to get a custom TvH set-up which does support it and install that somewhere else (another Pi for example).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Yeah, use tvheadend. My understanding is it can/could handle the old hdhomeruns still
(2020-02-13, 20:32)DarrenHill Wrote: ... try installing the TVHeadEnd addon from the LE repo and see if that can see them as a middle-man between LE and the HDHR.
(2020-02-13, 21:00)Fuzzard Wrote: Yeah, use tvheadend. My understanding is it can/could handle the old hdhomeruns still
Thank you, kind sirs, for your ideas to move forward.
Sad 
(2020-02-13, 20:29)sengsational Wrote: I'd like an expert opinion on something:Should I just give-up trying to get Kodi to play live OTA TV that's coming from my two old HDHR-US devices?  If not, where do I go from here?  All I've done is put LibreELEC on a Pi 3 and hit this "old HDHR" roadblock.

I think I should give-up.

It was trivial to install the tvheadend client on LibreELEC/Kodi/Pi3 thing I built yesterday. But when I looked at tvheadend server install, it didn't look like there was a drop-in package for Windows. Wow, I found myself in the weeds real quick! It looks like I'd need a separate *nix box and building that is way beyond my pay grade for the convenience of simply watching live TV source from my old HDHR-US boxes.

So, not "impossible", but unless I'm missing something, impractical for someone who's not ready to add another significant hardware component.
The docker arm32v7 version of NextPVR can run on LE and supports the legacy HDHR.

Martin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDHR3-US work with the AddOn?0