How to use the native display resolution instead of the xbmcgui.Window size?
I wrote an Addon script featuring a very simple slideshow, where I need just a ControlImage fitting the entire xbmcgui.Window.
I wish to use the full native display resolution (which for me is 1360x768), but I figured out that the xbmcgui.Window is actually 1280x720 pixels and the xbmcgui.ControlImage() inside of it cannot be bigger than this (otherwise it is cropped).

Can someone briefly explain to me why the display resolution and the full-screen xbmcgui.Window are not the same size?
Can I use, in my Addon script, an xbmcgui.ControlImage inside the xbmcgui.Window, sized as the full display resolution?

I read that something changed from API 17 to 18 (12279 (PR)) but still there is a difference between xbmcgui.Window.getWidth() and xbmcgui.getScreenWidth().

I am using Kodi 17.6 on the Raspberry Pi.
The internal resolution of xbmcgui.Window is purely virtual. This is the resolution of the coordinate grid on which UI Controls are placed. It has nothing to do with the actual display resolution. This way your Kodi UI always looks the same regardless of your current display mode.
(2019-08-30, 13:16)Roman_V_M Wrote: The internal resolution of xbmcgui.Window is purely virtual
So, if I understan well, it is not possible for a Kodi Add-on to display an image at the native screen resolution.

Is there a way (e.g. by customizing the skin) to have a 1:1 mapping from the xbmcgui.Window to the hardware screen?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to use the native display resolution instead of the xbmcgui.Window size?0