Req fsurround - Stereo Upmix to multichannel (like Dolby Pro Logic II / DTS Neo:6)
Dear team,

I'd like to request an advanced upmixing feature for stereo audio material (from music as well as video sources).

ADSP for Kodi included an addon called fsurround. Unfortunately ADSP has been discontinued shortly after it was introduced.

"FreeSurround is based on foo_dsp_fsurround from pro_optimizer for foobar2000 0.9.x.
This add-on is the equivalent of your hi-fi receiver's Dolby ProLogic II button (except that it uses a different algorithm)"

I know that many people use AVRs which are capable of Dolby or DTS upmixing algorithms, but to my ears personally fsurround still outperforms anything I've tested so far.
Since the source is available, why not add it as an audio option to Kodi? I think this would be a real gain.
If you don't know FreeSurround I really suggest you to check it out.
I've been using it for years with foobar2000 listening to lossless music and this made it whole new experience with a surround sound setup.
(2019-08-29, 13:57)SpaceAgeHero Wrote: Dear team,

I'd like to request an advanced upmixing feature for stereo audio material (from music as well as video sources).

ADSP for Kodi included an addon called fsurround. Unfortunately ADSP has been discontinued shortly after it was introduced.

"FreeSurround is based on foo_dsp_fsurround from pro_optimizer for foobar2000 0.9.x.
This add-on is the equivalent of your hi-fi receiver's Dolby ProLogic II button (except that it uses a different algorithm)"

I know that many people use AVRs which are capable of Dolby or DTS upmixing algorithms, but to my ears personally fsurround still outperforms anything I've tested so far.
Since the source is available, why not add it as an audio option to Kodi? I think this would be a real gain.
If you don't know FreeSurround I really suggest you to check it out.
I've been using it for years with foobar2000 listening to lossless music and this made it whole new experience with a surround sound setup.
I would like to add my support.  I do have foobar-installed, never tried the one 'Free-Surround' add-on you speak of.
I would like to mention that KODI's current 'UPMIX' option is just like the 'ALL-CHANNEL-Stereo' button on the AVR, and not particularly useful, unless your just trying to broadcast a speech to all of your speakers.  Music and TV shows just sound weird in 'All-Channel-Stereo'.

I am a coder... I wonder if I could help these folks.  But their source is probably in something I don't code in.  I'm mostly C#.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fsurround - Stereo Upmix to multichannel (like Dolby Pro Logic II / DTS Neo:6)0