Missing Episodes
Hi 
I have the TV Show 24 in my library. The problem is that in every season there are some episodes that do not show.
All episodes are named in the same way  so I don't see it being a naming issue. I've tried removing from library then adding again but no joy.
e.g. filename -  24 - S02E01 - Day 2- 8-00 A.M.-9-00 A.M..4k.hdr.10bit.strm

Any ideas ?
We need a Debug Log which captures you scraping the show, and links to the show at the scraper site.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-08-30, 22:46)Karellen Wrote: We need a Debug Log which captures you scraping the show, and links to the show at the scraper site.

Karellen -  now I have the log it has pointed out that "we have no episode guide. Check your tvshow.nfo and make sure the <episodeguide> tag is in place." 
Which It wasn't . So I'm will try and sort that first to see if it resolves it. Ember not adding it to the .nfo even though boxes are ticked and my own api added. I have posted in Ember section hopefully it can get sorted.
Karellen - Just letting you know that I have sorted it . I manually added this to the .nfo
 <url post="yes" cache="auth.json">https://api.thetvdb.com/login?{&quot;apikey&quot;:&quot;439DFEBA9D3059C6&quot;,&quot;id&quot;:80379}|Content-Type=application/json</url>
You replace the TV Show ID with the correct ID as shown in red above.
From post 1 HERE
Can I ask my TV Shows have been scraped by TVDB and I see that Kodi is now using TMDB. Will it be ok to carry on using TVDB or will it cause a problem.
If I had to change would it be a case of deleting all the .nfo files and re-scraping
Great. I was going to point you to that same thread when you responded, so thumbs up for finding it Smile

(2019-08-31, 23:42)aceuk Wrote: Can I ask my TV Shows have been scraped by TVDB and I see that Kodi is now using TMDB. Will it be ok to carry on using TVDB or will it cause a problem.
It will cause a problem. The two <episodeguide> URL's are not interchangeable. They have been designed by the TVDB and TheMovieDB to work with their own database, not all databases.

Your choices are:
1. Change the scraper on your source to TVDB
2. Leave it as TheMovieDB and Refresh the TV Show. No need to refresh the episodes when asked. This will download the new episodeguide
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-09-01, 00:52)Karellen Wrote: Great. I was going to point you to that same thread when you responded, so thumbs up for finding it Smile
(2019-08-31, 23:42)aceuk Wrote: Can I ask my TV Shows have been scraped by TVDB and I see that Kodi is now using TMDB. Will it be ok to carry on using TVDB or will it cause a problem.
It will cause a problem. The two <episodeguide> URL's are not interchangeable. They have been designed by the TVDB and TheMovieDB to work with their own database, not all databases.

Your choices are:
1. Change the scraper on your source to TVDB
2. Leave it as TheMovieDB and Refresh the TV Show. No need to refresh the episodes when asked. This will download the new episodeguide 

So as long as I set kodi to TVDB and all my .nfo's are TVDB then will that will be ok.
If I was to switch to TMDB would all the .nfo's for each episode need to be replaced or would they be overwritten.
As Ember does not give V2 output are there any Media managers that do?
@aceuk

Have a read here... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/TV_show...eguide_URL

(2019-09-01, 11:04)aceuk Wrote: So as long as I set kodi to TVDB and all my .nfo's are TVDB then will that will be ok.
Yes

(2019-09-01, 11:04)aceuk Wrote: If I was to switch to TMDB would all the .nfo's for each episode need to be replaced or would they be overwritten.
No they do not need to be replaced. Kodi can still use the episode nfo files. If you run an Export from Kodi, they will be overwritten (if that is what you mean by overwritten).
But just recalling your original problem "we have no episode guide. Check your tvshow.nfo and make sure the <episodeguide> tag is in place then that indicates you may have episode nfo files missing or unreadable and that is why Kodi is asking for the episodeguide so it can download the data.

(2019-09-01, 11:04)aceuk Wrote: As Ember does not give V2 output are there any Media managers that do?
Sorry but I do not recommend media managers for exactly this reason. Can you see all the problems they have caused you so far? And most of the problems I deal with are due to media managers. Just let Kodi scrape your media. Media managers are all trying to replicate what Kodi does as a basic function for no extra benefit.
My Signature
(2019-09-01, 11:35)Karellen Wrote: @aceuk

Have a read here... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/TV_show...eguide_URL
(2019-09-01, 11:04)aceuk Wrote: So as long as I set kodi to TVDB and all my .nfo's are TVDB then will that will be ok.
Yes
(2019-09-01, 11:04)aceuk Wrote: If I was to switch to TMDB would all the .nfo's for each episode need to be replaced or would they be overwritten.
No they do not need to be replaced. Kodi can still use the episode nfo files. If you run an Export from Kodi, they will be overwritten (if that is what you mean by overwritten).
But just recalling your original problem "we have no episode guide. Check your tvshow.nfo and make sure the <episodeguide> tag is in place then that indicates you may have episode nfo files missing or unreadable and that is why Kodi is asking for the episodeguide so it can download the data.
(2019-09-01, 11:04)aceuk Wrote: As Ember does not give V2 output are there any Media managers that do?
Sorry but I do not recommend media managers for exactly this reason. Can you see all the problems they have caused you so far? And most of the problems I deal with are due to media managers. Just let Kodi scrape your media. Media managers are all trying to replicate what Kodi does as a basic function for no extra benefit. 
So is there no need to create an .nfo
(2019-09-01, 11:51)aceuk Wrote: So is there no need to create an .nfo
Nope, no need at all. The only time they come in useful is for things like Home Movies or sporting events- the type of videos that there is no information available for.

Kodi can create perfect nfo files. If you want nfo files, then use the Export function of Kodi after you have scraped the library using the Kodi scrapers... https://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_library

Personally I export my library every couple of weeks and that preserves all my scraping and watched status, play counts, resume points etc.

In your case, if you want to stop using the nfo files, then you need to delete (or move) them so Kodi cannot see them anymore. Then you run the Refresh option for the tv show and episodes and that will download all the correct data.
My Signature
(2019-09-01, 12:00)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-09-01, 11:51)aceuk Wrote: So is there no need to create an .nfo
Nope, no need at all. The only time they come in useful is for things like Home Movies or sporting events- the type of videos that there is no information available for.

Kodi can create perfect nfo files. If you want nfo files, then use the Export function of Kodi after you have scraped the library using the Kodi scrapers... https://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_library

Personally I export my library every couple of weeks and that preserves all my scraping and watched status, play counts, resume points etc.

In your case, if you want to stop using the nfo files, then you need to delete (or move) them so Kodi cannot see them anymore. Then you run the Refresh option for the tv show and episodes and that will download all the correct data. 
Ok thanks for your help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing Episodes0