• 20(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
(2020-08-01, 17:16)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-08-01, 15:43)mwkurt Wrote: Hello Lunatixz,

Was hoping to get some help from you or anyone else. When using PTVL and in the "playlist mode", how do you call up the context menu from within the EPG? Using a Shield, I have tried holding the big button down and the back button. Nothing works. I am trying to figure out how to move ahead in the timeline to select a different video and have the channel play from there.
Sorry if this appears to be a stupid question with an easy answer, but would appreciate any help at all.

Thank you,
Mark
Context menu default Keymapping on the shield is a long-press on the select button.
Lunatixz,

That doesn't work. As soon as I press the "select button, the "programme Selector" bar pops up from the bottom and I can not do anything else regarding the context menu. It happens everytime.
Also....I selected all of my music genres and I can see where PTVL makes the channels, but the do not show up in my EPG.

log: https://paste.kodi.tv/ojohoxevij.kodi

Thank you,
Mark
(2020-08-01, 18:49)mwkurt Wrote:

Was hoping to get some help from you or anyone else. When using PTVL and in the "playlist mode", how do you call up the context menu from within the EPG? Using a Shield, I have tried holding the big button down and the back button. Nothing works. I am trying to figure out how to move ahead in the timeline to select a different video and have the channel play from there.
Sorry if this appears to be a stupid question with an easy answer, but would appreciate any help at all.

Thank you,
Mark
Context menu default Keymapping on the shield is a long-press on the select button.
Lunatixz,

That doesn't work. As soon as I press the "select button, the "programme Selector" bar pops up from the bottom and I can not do anything else regarding the context menu. It happens everytime.
Also....I selected all of my music genres and I can see where PTVL makes the channels, but the do not show up in my EPG.

Thank you,
Mark

Its a keymapping issue, Kodi android might have a different default than I remember... use a keymap editor for Kodi to customize your buttons. Change select long-press action to context menu
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?

Thank you,
Mark
Lunatixz,

Thank you,
Mark
mwkurt,
i have a shield too, what i've been doing is going to settings, pvr & live tv then guide and changing the default select action to "show context menu"  hope this will help
earlieb
I send a new PR with Playlist support! Big Grin
https://github.com/PseudoTV/PseudoTV_Live/pull/18
(2020-08-02, 01:10)rafaelvieiras Wrote: I send a new PR with Playlist support! Big Grin
https://github.com/PseudoTV/PseudoTV_Live/pull/18

Thanks, can you create an independent PR for the language update. Playlists look great! however, I've already added support for them through the channel manager. They are better suited as a "User-defined" channel rather than "Pre-defined". For many reasons...
FYI this repository is a few commits behind my private development repository... If you are looking to contribute further I can regularly update the public repo.
@Lunatixz
Not sure if it's same for you, but I noticed all the director tags on my current PseudoTv xml file are a numeric value. That's what is getting returned on my PVR Info Dialog screen.
I'm also seeing on the next tag down from director (writer) there are lots of artwork paths, episode details, MPAA, Plot, IMDB ID, votes, writer, director.....in fact all of the metadata seems to be listed under this Writer tag. Is this the expected behaviour? Should all this metadata be available to use on the info screens or should we be seeing it already?
(2020-08-01, 23:08)earlieb Wrote:
(2020-08-01, 17:16)Lunatixz Wrote: Context menu default Keymapping on the shield is a long-press on the select button.
Lunatixz,

Thank you,
Mark
mwkurt,
i have a shield too, what i've been doing is going to settings, pvr & live tv then guide and changing the default select action to "show context menu"  hope this will help
earlieb
Thank you! That worked great.

Mark
What does "client mode" actually do?

Is there a page or site that I'm not aware of that has instructions or update details? I feel like I'm running blind of how all of this is progressing.
Lunatixz,

Think it was mentioned earlier in this thread, is there a way to have the channels have the same numbers each time PTVL is opened?

Thank you,
Mark
(2020-08-03, 14:01)Hardax Wrote: What does "client mode" actually do?

Is there a page or site that I'm not aware of that has instructions or update details? I feel like I'm running blind of how all of this is progressing.

When a feature is fully released I'll post instructions here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=355549

However, sometimes during development, I may forget to disable settings that are either not ready for release or still being developed.... case in point.
(2020-08-03, 14:02)mwkurt Wrote: Lunatixz,

Think it was mentioned earlier in this thread, is there a way to have the channels have the same numbers each time PTVL is opened?

Thank you,
Mark
When the channel manager is released, yes.
(2020-08-03, 16:38)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-08-03, 14:02)mwkurt Wrote: Lunatixz,

Thank you,
Mark
When the channel manager is released, yes.
Thank you!
Lunatixz,

Another question. You were kind enough to try and help me with my Playlist question in the other forum. I was wondering if there was any way to do what I was asking from within the PTVL environment> Perhaps when playlists are use to generate the channels in playlist mode. Or would that be a bridge too far?

Thanks!
Mark
Mine is a small item....all my shows/movies seem to start over from the beginning when you select a different channel. Nothing ever appears in progress. What do I need to do?
(2020-08-05, 00:39)chrono727 Wrote: Mine is a small item....all my shows/movies seem to start over from the beginning when you select a different channel. Nothing ever appears in progress. What do I need to do?

I'll need a log to debug...
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4