• 24(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
(2020-08-14, 13:47)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-08-14, 12:00)Buff Wrote:
(2020-08-14, 11:45)Lunatixz Wrote: Yes, please send a new log... Thx

No worries, log is here - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing
Log has no playback events, please make sure to send the correct log.

After encountering an issue, don't exit Kodi, copy the Kodi.log, and upload it. THX

Once little bugs like this are resolved we can move forward with the next round of beta features =)

Tried three programmes, first two went back to the epg, third one went to snowy screen until I touched the mouse then went back to the epg.

New log here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LqwFSLW...sp=sharing

Many thanks
I am also experiencing the issue where the next scheduled show fails to play. I'm just getting the static. Here is my log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f3zKWMK...p=drivesdk

Device is Nvidia Shield, running the latest nightly.
Should be fixed in v.0.1.4... please check out the PseudoTV thread in the op for information on updates and changelog... THX
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Just updated to v.0.1.4. When I went to configure a couple more channels the entire settings panel is blank, with the exception of a % sign and some kind of radio button switch showing up in the panel header, next to the Kodi logo.
(2020-08-15, 21:51)Dumyat Wrote: Just updated to v.0.1.4. When I went to configure a couple more channels the entire settings panel is blank, with the exception of a % sign and some kind of radio button switch showing up in the panel header, next to the Kodi logo.

Try rebooting Kodi and or reinstalling... Also maybe try deleting PseudoTVs setting.xml
(2020-08-15, 22:39)Lunatixz Wrote: Try rebooting Kodi and or reinstalling... Also maybe try deleting PseudoTVs setting.xml
Deleting the settings.xml allowed me to add channels, which were then getting built but not showing up in the guide. In the end, I deleted the settings.xml, the PseudoTV guide data and M3U file and everything was sweet once I created the channels again.
Not sure what you did with the last update, but all of my channels are now switching lightening fast!.....Oh-La-La-La-La! Smile
Happy Days!
Hi Lunatixz.

Thanks for the update, playing next episodes/movies in the guide absolutely fine now.

Problem I've got now since updating is that Kodi is constantly searching for channel icons - it will come up with a notification for a split second with a channel name (could be a normal channel or I think a PTV channel) and then "searching for channel icon" and a percentage. It is only there for a split-second, but does this every 5-10 seconds. I left it overnight for 8 hours and it's still doing it.

Subsequently, uninstalled and reinstalled PTV, IPTV Simple and NextPVR but it always comes back when I reinstall PseudoTV.

Can you help - log is here - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

Many thanks
Poll: Change in-between content static to something modern?

14.29% No, I like the static!
85.71% Yes, I'd prefer something modern...

Thanks for voting!! your feedback during beta will help improve the project!
Hi Lunatixz,

Was going to say that I'd found a workaround to my issue above - which I had regarding auto refresh mode in the settings for IPTV Simple Client, but it looks like this has been fixed in 0.1.4a - that's great, all seems to be working really well at the moment, but will test over the next few days and let you know of any glitches.

One thing I wanted to ask - if I switch to a channel as a "live" channel rather than Playondemand/Play from here, there isn't any functionality to pause, rewind etc... is that correct, or am I missing a setting?

Many thanks
(2020-08-17, 15:37)Buff Wrote: Hi Lunatixz,

Was going to say that I'd found a workaround to my issue above - which I had regarding auto refresh mode in the settings for IPTV Simple Client, but it looks like this has been fixed in 0.1.4a - that's great, all seems to be working really well at the moment, but will test over the next few days and let you know of any glitches.

One thing I wanted to ask - if I switch to a channel as a "live" channel rather than Playondemand/Play from here, there isn't any functionality to pause, rewind etc... is that correct, or am I missing a setting?

Many thanks
If you select the playback method "Playlist" you can pause, forward, etc.... Otherwise, Kodi treats the channel as a PVR live feed.
(2020-08-16, 22:15)Lunatixz Wrote: Poll: Change in-between content static to something modern?

Hello,

Might be nice, depending on complexity for you, if we could use an image of our choice for the in between content. Short of that, as someone mentioned earlier in the thread, I would like just a static black background if possible..

Thanks,
Mark
(2020-08-17, 15:46)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-08-17, 15:37)Buff Wrote: Hi Lunatixz,

Many thanks
If you select the playback method "Playlist" you can pause, forward, etc.... Otherwise, Kodi treats the channel as a PVR live feed.
Thanks Lunatixz - forgot to put on there that I knew about the playlist mode. Was hoping to keep the uniformed look of PVR mode (which I think is different under Playlist mode) but with the function of pausing, as we can with Next PVR. But not an issue, many thanks, looking forward to the next developments.
(2020-08-17, 15:56)mwkurt Wrote:
(2020-08-16, 22:15)Lunatixz Wrote: Poll: Change in-between content static to something modern?

Hello,

Might be nice, depending on complexity for you, if we could use an image of our choice for the in between content. Short of that, as someone mentioned earlier in the thread, I would like just a static black background if possible..

Thanks,
Mark

I was thinking of something more dynamic... Background with subtle animation, Something like "We'll be right back..." and a little window showing the content about to load... "Coming up next" with fanart and title of show.... no good?
I'm def. not for an all black screen, Most users will assume PseudoTV Locked up or something if they experience that with a short delay in playback.
(2020-08-17, 16:13)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-08-17, 15:56)mwkurt Wrote:

Hello,

Thanks,
Mark

I was thinking of something more dynamic... Background with subtle animation, Something like "We'll be right back..." and a little window showing the content about to load... "Coming up next" with fanart and title of show.... no good?
I'm def. not for an all black screen, Most users will assume PseudoTV Locked up or something if they experience that with a short delay in playback.
You're the boss! :-)

My thinking was that tv shows, movies, etc. always, I believe, fade out to black. It was just my thinking that it would give a more seamless appearance and bridge to whatever plays next. No problems though

Coming up next idea would be good, sure.

Thanks,
Mark
v.0.2.0 will be the start to round two beta features...

Introduction to "User-defined" custom channels... Plugins, Nodes, Directories, Smart playlists, UPNP sources....  Anything goes!! if its a source in Kodi it can be integrated into PseudoTV Live. One stipulation... content must have duration meta; If a plugin doesn't work, contact the developer to incorporate duration meta into the plugins listitems. Open settings and select Channel Manager, UI should be intuitive. However, if you encounter errors or have feedback nows the time to voice them. THX

Lastly, a recent feature poll regarding the faux static background was decisive! No more static! v.0.2.0 has a very early UI for it's successor ... I'm not a skilled skinner, I'm looking for anyone with the skills and time to whip up something nice! volunteers?

THX
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4