• 18(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
Hello Lunatixz,

Tried Revision l. PTVL is throwing multiple errors. When first starting and when selecting what type of channels.

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/st26tbulgwa7rhk/kodi.log?dl=0

Thanks,
Mark
(2020-07-28, 23:53)mwkurt Wrote: Hello Lunatixz,

Tried Revision l. PTVL is throwing multiple errors. When first starting and when selecting what type of channels.

Thanks,
Mark
Can you enable debugging in Kodi, also please use https://paste.kodi.tv/ instead of dropbox.

Your log indicates a bad install...?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
My apologies in advance, as I don't have a log file handy, but can anyone speculate why I might see full screen static appearing randomly while PseudoTV Live is enabled but not in-use? It pops up over my UI pretty much anywhere unless music or video content is playing. I can't seem to find any rhyme or reason to why it's occurring, and I haven't seen anything obviously related in my log files when this is happening. Of course if more information is needed, I can gather logs when I get off work, but I figured I'd ask now before I forget again. It's worth mentioning that I had seen this static before when I was starting video playback until I turned off (I believe) overlays in the addon settings. It doesn't appear to be the result of any specific skin or another addon, unless there's a conflict with PseudoTV Live, and I've also confirmed that it's not the television itself by testing with different monitors from the same HTPC. It's just strange enough that I thought to inquire. Thanks in advance for any information. Sorry again for the lack of logs. I'll update this when I have a chance.
(2020-07-29, 03:23)hikaricore Wrote: My apologies in advance, as I don't have a log file handy, but can anyone speculate why I might see full screen static appearing randomly while PseudoTV Live is enabled but not in-use? It pops up over my UI pretty much anywhere unless music or video content is playing. I can't seem to find any rhyme or reason to why it's occurring, and I haven't seen anything obviously related in my log files when this is happening. Of course if more information is needed, I can gather logs when I get off work, but I figured I'd ask now before I forget again. It's worth mentioning that I had seen this static before when I was starting video playback until I turned off (I believe) overlays in the addon settings. It doesn't appear to be the result of any specific skin or another addon, unless there's a conflict with PseudoTV Live, and I've also confirmed that it's not the television itself by testing with different monitors from the same HTPC. It's just strange enough that I thought to inquire. Thanks in advance for any information. Sorry again for the lack of logs. I'll update this when I have a chance.

There is a static gif overlay that will appear during content changes... usually something you don't see often. At least on my setup...

You can disable it as you have already done by disabling overlay in PseudoTVs settings.

Without a log i can not help beyond this...

Please note you should NOT see static if overlay is disabled and when your are not playing a PseudoTV channel.
Hi Luntixz,

Great to see PsuedoTV coming back - looks really good, thanks for your efforts.

Wondered if you could help with an issue I have though. I've been putting together a few channels, mainly for the kids, and for the most part they work great. However, on a couple of occasions the channel shows a single TV episode lasting for hours if not continuous, rather than the 10 or 20 minutes it should be. I haven't noticed it happening to movies. Probably easier to explain with screenshots;

First is showing fine;

But second in a couple of hours is like this for the Warner Bros. Animation TV studio channel;

Log is here: dapufayizi.kodi (paste)

Many thanks
(2020-07-29, 00:12)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-07-28, 23:53)mwkurt Wrote: Hello Lunatixz,

Thanks,
Mark
Can you enable debugging in Kodi, also please use https://paste.kodi.tv/ instead of dropbox.

Your log indicates a bad install...?
Debugging is always enabled in Kodi. If it is a bad install it is something to do with the automatic update. I shut down with Rev k on Monday. Turned it back on yesterday and I had Rev k.

Will try to use the recommended paste for logs.

Mark
(2020-07-29, 11:11)Buff Wrote: Hi Luntixz,

Great to see PsuedoTV coming back - looks really good, thanks for your efforts.

Wondered if you could help with an issue I have though. I've been putting together a few channels, mainly for the kids, and for the most part they work great. However, on a couple of occasions the channel shows a single TV episode lasting for hours if not continuous, rather than the 10 or 20 minutes it should be. I haven't noticed it happening to movies. Probably easier to explain with screenshots;

First is showing fine;

But second in a couple of hours is like this for the Warner Bros. Animation TV studio channel;

Log is here: dapufayizi.kodi (paste)

Many thanks

Your log has no debugging information... please remember to enable it in Kodi.

PseudoTV needs accurate duration meta; otherwise, it depends on what Kodi's library parsed. Try enabling it under PseudoTV's settings.
Hi Lunatixz,
I was also getting the static overlay even though it was disabled in the plugin, I didn’t even have to launch PsuedoTV. I just had to open Kodi and let it idle up to a minute then every five seconds it would pop up for a second or two and repeat until I gave it some input.
I have a log file but it’s a horrific mess as I use Jellyfin for my video sources and that’s currently having a great time on matrix..
https://paste.kodi.tv/otipixeviq.kodi (sorry for the nightmare fuel)

So I figured I’d wipe and try a fresh install with nothing but PsuedoTV installed to see if I could repeat the issue but now it errors on installing the plugin ..well it errors, installs the plugin then errors out if you try to add a channel or anything.
https://paste.kodi.tv/okuhaseric.kodi (fresh install of Kodi 20200728-4cbcb6cb-master-x64 + PsuedoTV 0.1.1.L and my tears)
Try v.0.1.1m... I believe there was a small bug with the overlay code.

As a bonus, this build will insert short rating bumpers between movies only when you enable "fillers" under PseudoTV's option settings.
(2020-07-29, 18:11)Lunatixz Wrote: Try v.0.1.1m... I believe there was a small bug with the overlay code.

As a bonus, this build will insert short rating bumpers between movies only when you enable "fillers" under PseudoTV's option settings.
That sorted it, thanks.
(2020-07-29, 05:27)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-07-29, 03:23)hikaricore Wrote: My apologies in advance, as I don't have a log file handy, but can anyone speculate why I might see full screen static appearing randomly while PseudoTV Live is enabled but not in-use? It pops up over my UI pretty much anywhere unless music or video content is playing. I can't seem to find any rhyme or reason to why it's occurring, and I haven't seen anything obviously related in my log files when this is happening. Of course if more information is needed, I can gather logs when I get off work, but I figured I'd ask now before I forget again. It's worth mentioning that I had seen this static before when I was starting video playback until I turned off (I believe) overlays in the addon settings. It doesn't appear to be the result of any specific skin or another addon, unless there's a conflict with PseudoTV Live, and I've also confirmed that it's not the television itself by testing with different monitors from the same HTPC. It's just strange enough that I thought to inquire. Thanks in advance for any information. Sorry again for the lack of logs. I'll update this when I have a chance.

There is a static gif overlay that will appear during content changes... usually something you don't see often. At least on my setup...

You can disable it as you have already done by disabling overlay in PseudoTVs settings.

Without a log i can not help beyond this...

Please note you should NOT see static if overlay is disabled and when your are not playing a PseudoTV channel.
That static overlay GIF is exactly what I'm seeing, and now that I turned on debug logging (which somehow got disabled without my noticing.)

My log file was way too large for for paste.kodi.tv, so I placed it on my server instead: http://www.hikaricore.net/temp/kodi_log2.txt

I hope this doesn't break the no log rule, but I wanted to point out the segment that I'm seeing over and over again in my logs. The majority of this output appears 16 times in the log during the minute or so that I had Kodi running:
Code:
2020-07-29 11:45:48.023 T:22255 ERROR <general>: plugin.video.pseudotv.live-0.1.1l-globals: loadJSON failed! Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)
, Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/hikaricore/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.pseudotv.live/resources/lib/globals.py", line 273, in loadJSON
try: return json.loads((string1.strip('\n').strip('\t').strip('\r')), strict=False)
File "/usr/lib/python3.6/json/__init__.py", line 367, in loads
return cls(**kw).decode(s)
File "/usr/lib/python3.6/json/decoder.py", line 339, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
File "/usr/lib/python3.6/json/decoder.py", line 357, in raw_decode
raise JSONDecodeError("Expecting value", s, err.value) from None
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

2020-07-29 11:45:48.062 T:22255 DEBUG <general>: plugin.video.pseudotv.live-0.1.1l-GUI: load
2020-07-29 11:45:48.062 T:22255 DEBUG <general>: plugin.video.pseudotv.live-0.1.1l-GUI: closeOverlay
2020-07-29 11:45:48.103 T:22222 DEBUG <general>: CGUIWindowManager::PreviousWindow: Deactivate
2020-07-29 11:45:48.103 T:22222 DEBUG <general>: ------ Window Deinit (/home/hikaricore/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.pseudotv.live/resources/skins/default/1080i/plugin.video.pseudotv.live.overlay.xml) ------
2020-07-29 11:45:48.103 T:22222 DEBUG <general>: CGUIWindowManager::PreviousWindow: Activate new
2020-07-29 11:45:48.103 T:22222 DEBUG <general>: ------ Window Init (Home.xml) ------
2020-07-29 11:45:48.120 T:22397 DEBUG <general>: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
2020-07-29 11:45:48.120 T:22397 INFO <general>: initializing python engine.
(2020-07-29, 18:11)Lunatixz Wrote: Try v.0.1.1m... I believe there was a small bug with the overlay code.

Whoops. I guess I should refresh this thread before I post new replies. I'll test the new build once I have a chance as well, as it seems to have sorted out the problem for the other user.

While troubleshooting today I cleared out all my PseudoTV, PVR IP SimpleTV, EPG, etc configuration and addons within Kodi. Now my channels, which I've added again, won't build. I see notifications with Kodi that this is being done briefly, then it's gone. Without my noticing this was present during the prior log post, but I didn't realize until afterwords that everything was gone. I reinstalled PseudoTV and all dependencies during this process, but I'm wondering if there's something that I'm missing such as a cache that need purged. I see several instances of "failed to find definition" involving various PseudoTV settings related to channels within my log ( http://www.hikaricore.net/temp/kodi_log2.txt ) so it really seems like I missed something. Thanks again for your input on these matters and taking your time to respond.  Smile   I'll test out 0.1.1m when time permits.
Update to 'n' there was a bug in the last build. THX
No matter what I try I only seem to be able to get one channel to show up in the guide and that channel only goes out about 4 hours in time. The channel is based off of a network (Food Network) which I have many shows but the guide is only showing 2 specific shows. I have the settings set up for 8 channels but nothing ever populates in the guide except for one.

Log
(2020-07-29, 21:47)Hardax Wrote: No matter what I try I only seem to be able to get one channel to show up in the guide and that channel only goes out about 4 hours in time. The channel is based off of a network (Food Network) which I have many shows but the guide is only showing 2 specific shows. I have the settings set up for 8 channels but nothing ever populates in the guide except for one.

Log

python:
"buildFileList, id: 44696e6572732c2044726976652d496e@PseudoTVLive skipping no duration meta found!"
Discussed in previous posts; you should enable accurate duration parsing if you have media and it's not being added to PseudoTV.

Please take some time to go over past posts... I'm sure you'll find useful information there. THX
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4