• 19(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
Everything seems to be functioning as expected in the latest build. Thank you kindly for the help and your amazing work on this project.  ^_^
Hello,

Tried updating to rev M, kept getting arror about mpaa dependency not being met.

CAddonInstallJob[plugin.video.pseudotv.live]: The dependency on resource.videos.ratings.mpaa.classic version 0.0.1 could not be satisfied.

https://paste.kodi.tv/epudevugaw.kodi

Have uninstalled/reinstalled PTVL with the same result.

If I have a "bad install", please tell me what is bad (PTVL, Kodi, etc.) and if possible, how to fix.

Thank you,
Mark
(2020-07-29, 23:30)mwkurt Wrote: Hello,

Tried updating to rev M, kept getting arror about mpaa dependency not being met.

CAddonInstallJob[plugin.video.pseudotv.live]: The dependency on resource.videos.ratings.mpaa.classic version 0.0.1 could not be satisfied.

If I have a "bad install", please tell me what is bad (PTVL, Kodi, etc.) and if possible, how to fix.

Thank you,
Mark

I'm not sure... From what I've seen in your logs a majority of them are either running old code... ie. update didn't take and or is reporting missing modules which should have been unpacked after installing/updating PseudoTV Live. I'm not sure why your setup would have these oddities but its something you'll have to debug... maybe try rebooting Kodi more often?

If I were you I would manually delete the plugin.video.pseudotv.live folder and reinstall from the repo.

BTW make sure you have PseudoTV Live repo version v.1.0.1
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2020-07-29, 23:30)mwkurt Wrote: Hello,

Thank you,
Mark
I was having a similar issue. Deleting and reinstalling the pseudotv repository 1.0.1 fixed it.
(2020-07-29, 15:02)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-07-29, 11:11)Buff Wrote: Hi Luntixz,

Great to see PsuedoTV coming back - looks really good, thanks for your efforts.

Wondered if you could help with an issue I have though. I've been putting together a few channels, mainly for the kids, and for the most part they work great. However, on a couple of occasions the channel shows a single TV episode lasting for hours if not continuous, rather than the 10 or 20 minutes it should be. I haven't noticed it happening to movies. Probably easier to explain with screenshots;

First is showing fine;

But second in a couple of hours is like this for the Warner Bros. Animation TV studio channel;

Log is here: dapufayizi.kodi (paste)

Many thanks

Your log has no debugging information... please remember to enable it in Kodi.

PseudoTV needs accurate duration meta; otherwise, it depends on what Kodi's library parsed. Try enabling it under PseudoTV's settings.

Thanks Lunatixz, that pointed me in the right direction - a few tv shows had scrapped the duration in seconds rather than minutes. All good now, many thanks
(2020-07-30, 11:27)Buff Wrote:
(2020-07-29, 15:02)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-07-29, 11:11)Buff Wrote: Hi Luntixz,

Great to see PsuedoTV coming back - looks really good, thanks for your efforts.

Wondered if you could help with an issue I have though. I've been putting together a few channels, mainly for the kids, and for the most part they work great. However, on a couple of occasions the channel shows a single TV episode lasting for hours if not continuous, rather than the 10 or 20 minutes it should be. I haven't noticed it happening to movies. Probably easier to explain with screenshots;

First is showing fine;

But second in a couple of hours is like this for the Warner Bros. Animation TV studio channel;

Log is here: dapufayizi.kodi (paste)

Many thanks

Your log has no debugging information... please remember to enable it in Kodi.

PseudoTV needs accurate duration meta; otherwise, it depends on what Kodi's library parsed. Try enabling it under PseudoTV's settings.

Thanks Lunatixz, that pointed me in the right direction - a few tv shows had scrapped the duration in seconds rather than minutes. All good now, many thanks

FYI, seconds is what you need Smile

Kodi duration meta is saved as seconds.... Most scrapers pull the correct info... but once and awhile they don't.
(2020-07-30, 13:38)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-07-30, 11:27)Buff Wrote:
(2020-07-29, 15:02)Lunatixz Wrote: Your log has no debugging information... please remember to enable it in Kodi.

Kodi duration meta is saved as seconds.... Most scrapers pull the correct info... but once and awhile they don't.

Oh, that's weird - it was the ones with seconds that weren't working. Changed them to minutes and they now work fine!
Hello @Lunatixz ,

To give feedback, everything is running fine at my end and it seems the "n" release everything is working even better. EPGs are being generated and updated, TV Shows and movies are playing back and advancing to next one when finished. I still have to test the new bumper feature.

I have some questions about the addon itself:

1 - For now, the new bumper feature will work only with movies? I'm assuming that to set it up, I need to chance that option to yes and not mess with the lines bellow it?

2 - I think the expected behavior on radio genre channels to not show individual songs on EPG and just the genre name (that's the way mine it is working for me). Would it be possible to change this and show EPG with individual song names?

3 - When music is playing the album art is not showing up, instead I see the generic placeholder for the album art. Is it happening for anyone else? I know there's a problem with the way I scrapped my library but don't know how to fix it. Album art shows up fine on kodi library and it's saved inside the mp3s idtags.

Thanks a lot.
(2020-07-30, 14:35)Buff Wrote:
(2020-07-30, 13:38)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-07-30, 11:27)Buff Wrote: Thanks Lunatixz, that pointed me in the right direction - a few tv shows had scrapped the duration in seconds rather than minutes. All good now, many thanks

Oh, that's weird - it was the ones with seconds that weren't working. Changed them to minutes and they now work fine!
are we talking nfo data or kodi library Smile
(2020-07-30, 16:34)psicotron3 Wrote: Hello @Lunatixz ,

To give feedback, everything is running fine at my end and it seems the "n" release everything is working even better. EPGs are being generated and updated, TV Shows and movies are playing back and advancing to next one when finished. I still have to test the new bumper feature.

I have some questions about the addon itself:

1 - For now, the new bumper feature will work only with movies? I'm assuming that to set it up, I need to chance that option to yes and not mess with the lines bellow it?

2 - I think the expected behavior on radio genre channels to not show individual songs on EPG and just the genre name (that's the way mine it is working for me). Would it be possible to change this and show EPG with individual song names?

3 - When music is playing the album art is not showing up, instead I see the generic placeholder for the album art. Is it happening for anyone else? I know there's a problem with the way I scrapped my library but don't know how to fix it. Album art shows up fine on kodi library and it's saved inside the mp3s idtags.

Thanks a lot.

Good to hear,

I didn't officially release fillers (BCT's)... They will support all channels; except for radio. I'll release more details when the feature is released. Currently, ratings are in the last release and will work if enabled.

As for music, I'm not going to support EPG data for individual songs...
  1. EPG guide does not support cells that small (avg. song is 3mins).
  2. It's taxing on the system, The number of cells and data being parsed will be multiplied by a factor of x10.
  3. offers little advantage and/or improvement over the current state.
Music Artwork is supplied by Kodi and the scrappers... To my knowledge, they should work... on my end maybe 1/5 artwork displays.
FYI my music collection is a mess, I'm pretty sure artwork is missing.... If you have a well cataloged collection and Kodi normally displays artwork, send me a log and I'll review it.
(2020-07-30, 17:04)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-07-30, 14:35)Buff Wrote:
(2020-07-30, 13:38)Lunatixz Wrote: FYI, seconds is what you need Smile

are we talking nfo data or kodi library Smile
I was talking nfo data - I use Ember to scrape all local content. Looking at the nfo files now, since I rescrapped the tv shows, the episodes show a "runtime" of say 10 (which is correct in minutes). This used to be in seconds until I rescrapped. And they also have another field further down under the video stream details for "durationinseconds" which is 615 (for the same file and sounds correct). Either way they all seem to be working now, so many thanks.

I did have an issue where I had some strm files (for the same tv show) in the same folder as local content and even though I hadn't selected the strm files option in Pseudo settings, it was picking these up and not able to play them (I'm guessing as you are still working on this) - I moved them to a different folder and all good now though, but thought I'd mention it.

Many thanks
(2020-07-30, 17:38)Lunatixz Wrote: As for music, I'm not going to support EPG data for individual songs...
  2. It's taxing on the system, The number of cells and data being parsed with be multiplied by a factor of x10.
Music Artwork is supplied by Kodi and the scrappers... To my knowledge, they should work... on my end maybe 1/5 artwork displays.
FYI my music collection is a mess, I'm pretty sure artwork is missing.... If you have a well cataloged collection and Kodi normally displays artwork, send me a log and I'll review it.

Given the performance penalty you just illustrated, is it possible to have an option to simply not have any music channels in settings once the beta is over?

Somewhat relatedly, I have a rather large music video collection in place of using Kodi for audio files. Will there be any features for those of us who have music video collections?

Thanks for your time.
(2020-07-30, 20:10)bornagainpengui Wrote:
(2020-07-30, 17:38)Lunatixz Wrote: As for music, I'm not going to support EPG data for individual songs...
  2. It's taxing on the system, The number of cells and data being parsed with be multiplied by a factor of x10.

Given the performance penalty you just illustrated, is it possible to have an option to simply not have any music channels in settings once the beta is over?

Somewhat relatedly, I have a rather large music video collection in place of using Kodi for audio files. Will there be any features for those of us who have music video collections?

Thanks for your time.
No special music video channel... feel to test user-defined music video channel when custom channels are added... report back Smile
Hello Lunatixz,

Was hoping to get some help from you or anyone else. When using PTVL and in the "playlist mode", how do you call up the context menu from within the EPG? Using a Shield, I have tried holding the big button down and the back button. Nothing works. I am trying to figure out how to move ahead in the timeline to select a different video and have the channel play from there.
Sorry if this appears to be a stupid question with an easy answer, but would appreciate any help at all.

Thank you,
Mark
(2020-08-01, 15:43)mwkurt Wrote: Hello Lunatixz,

Was hoping to get some help from you or anyone else. When using PTVL and in the "playlist mode", how do you call up the context menu from within the EPG? Using a Shield, I have tried holding the big button down and the back button. Nothing works. I am trying to figure out how to move ahead in the timeline to select a different video and have the channel play from there.
Sorry if this appears to be a stupid question with an easy answer, but would appreciate any help at all.

Thank you,
Mark
Context menu default Keymapping on the shield is a long-press on the select button.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4