install from repository missing
I am running Kodi 18.3 on my Sony Bravia 830c TV(Android 7 OS). When I first installed Kodi there about a month ago(whatever the latest version was out at that time), I setup everything without problems. However now three problems have started occurring:

1. All of my add-ons have disappeared.
2. The "Install from Repository" option is missing from the Add-on browser. I went to System | Add-ons | Add-on browser and all I see is "My add-ons" which is empty, "Install from zip file", and "Search". "Install from Repository" is not there.
3. None of my videos display the "Watched" status indicator. I play a file from start to finish, exit the player, and Kodi doesn't show the video as watched. Same problem with partially watching a file, no status change. All files just display the unwatched status.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling 18.3 from google store but the problems remain. Any suggestions?
Here's my debug log:

Debug log:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?...6956588664

I copied a few lines that might be relevant. Seems like some DB errors:
2019-08-31 08:09:20.314 T:12270   ERROR: Unable to create new database
2019-08-31 08:09:20.318 T:12270   FATAL: ADDONS: Failed to open database
T:12270   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [addons://]
2019-08-31 09:29:49.029 T:18273   DEBUG: Thread waiting start, auto delete: false
2019-08-31 09:29:49.035 T:18273   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting addons://search/
2019-08-31 09:30:31.631 T:18312 WARNING: DoWork - Unable to open video database. Can not save file state!
I fixed it. I uninstalled Kodi, reset the TV, reinstalled Kodi, and everything is was working normally again. The uninstall/reinstall of Kodi might be unnecessary but I am going to list the steps I did in order just in case:

1. Uninstall Kodi.
2. Reset TV. I used the instructions here: https://www.sony-mea.com/en/electronics/...s/00114591
3. Reinstall Kodi.

If you run into this problem, I recommend trying to reset the TV first and see if that solves the problem. If not, go through the whole process. Not sure what caused the original problem. Some other app running in the background I guess.
(2019-08-31, 16:01)Mickey Mouse Wrote: I am running Kodi 18.3 on my Sony Bravia 830c TV(Android 7 OS). When I first installed Kodi there about a month ago(whatever the latest version was out at that time), I setup everything without problems. However now three problems have started occurring:

1. All of my add-ons have disappeared.
2. The "Install from Repository" option is missing from the Add-on browser. I went to System | Add-ons | Add-on browser and all I see is "My add-ons" which is empty, "Install from zip file", and "Search". "Install from Repository" is not there.
3. None of my videos display the "Watched" status indicator. I play a file from start to finish, exit the player, and Kodi doesn't show the video as watched. Same problem with partially watching a file, no status change. All files just display the unwatched status.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling 18.3 from google store but the problems remain. Any suggestions?
Hey Man,

I have the same issue with my kodi as you explained. just i was using kodi and suddenly all option gone and i reinstall kodi 18.5 and not showing install from repository.
Sorry I missed your reply ajayarora88. My best guess as for what causes this is an old process of Kodi is still running in the background and locking the db files. I usually fix problems like this by turning my PC off and on. Unfortunately that doesn't work with my android TV because I think the OS stays running even when the TV is "off". So then the best solution is to reboot the TV. Instructions to do that for a Sony Android TV are here:
https://www.sony-mea.com/en/electronics/...s/00114591
You can google for instructions on how to do that if you have a different device running Kodi.

Or if you are feeling lazy unplugging the device and plugging it back in is another solution. Once the device is back on, the old process locking the DB files should be gone. Not sure if Kodi will return to normal at that point or if you have to reinstall.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
install from repository missing0