Colour artifacts when playing live tv (VDR) with first gen Core processor
Hello, 
I am using an old Thinkpad X201i as kodi media centre. Everything works very well, except for live tv. I'm using a USB dvb card with VDR and the VNSI plugin: the video plays smoothly, but all the colours are garbled and full of strange artifacts. The log is flooded with

Code:
ERROR: VAAPI/vpp vaQueryVideoProcFilterCaps error: the requested filter is not supported (32)
ERROR: VAAPI output: Postproc preinit failed
Worth mentioning that mpv plays the same MPEG2 content from VDR perfectly, using VAAPI, with no errors.

Is there something that I can do to try and fix this?
(2019-09-01, 01:46)kitestramuort Wrote: Hello, 
I am using an old Thinkpad X201i as kodi media centre. Everything works very well, except for live tv. I'm using a USB dvb card with VDR and the VNSI plugin: the video plays smoothly, but all the colours are garbled and full of strange artifacts. The log is flooded with

Code:
ERROR: VAAPI/vpp vaQueryVideoProcFilterCaps error: the requested filter is not supported (32)
ERROR: VAAPI output: Postproc preinit failed
Worth mentioning that mpv plays the same MPEG2 content from VDR perfectly, using VAAPI, with no errors.

Is there something that I can do to try and fix this?
This also happens when trying to play DVDs.  I am on a Core i3 540.  The image is very clear, but grayscale with green and pink/purple translucent overlays.  I was able to fix it by unchecking "Use MPEG-2 VAAPI" under Settings > Player > Videos (Expert) > Processing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Colour artifacts when playing live tv (VDR) with first gen Core processor0