Suggestion - Include Status & complete or incomplete in the rename template
Hi, 

I use TMM to rename all my movies & tv shows.

Since I begin to have multple series, I keep track of them by adding some text to the folder names.

In fact, I specify either:
1. If the tv show is "ended" or "continuing" or "on air" -->  this TMM keeps registry as Status
2.  If I have the tv show complete (when I have on my library all episodes) or incompete (when I miss some episode / season)

Would be great if you can include this sets in your rename options, that way, I could automatically rename all my folders as follow:
Daredevil (2015) [ENDED] [COMPLETE]
Deadbeat (2014) [ENDED] [INCOMPLETE]
Dilema (2019) [CONTINUING] [COMPLETE]
Castle Rock (2018) [CONTINUING] [INCOMPLETE]

Thanks in advanced.
a) the status like ENDED is already available (${tvShow.status})

b) we do not track if a show is completed or not.. today you could have all episodes, but tomorrow (when the new season starts) you don't have all.
beside that the term complete is rather flexible: one could say complete is if all _main_ episodes are available, the other says that complete is on if _every_ episode/video like specials is available.
nevertheless to solve such a feature we would have to track _all_ available episodes from all your tv shows (which we do at the moment, but if you rebuild the tmm database, you lose that info).
as you may see there is too much room for misinterpretation or definition incompleteness, we won't include it
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2019-09-05, 14:51)mlaggner Wrote: a) the status like ENDED is already available (${tvShow.status})

b) we do not track if a show is completed or not.. today you could have all episodes, but tomorrow (when the new season starts) you don't have all.
beside that the term complete is rather flexible: one could say complete is if all _main_ episodes are available, the other says that complete is on if _every_ episode/video like specials is available.
nevertheless to solve such a feature we would have to track _all_ available episodes from all your tv shows (which we do at the moment, but if you rebuild the tmm database, you lose that info).
as you may see there is too much room for misinterpretation or definition incompleteness, we won't include it

The status (${tvShow.status}) is simply great , thankyou very much.

About tracking incomplete or complete status a simple way could be like this:

Right now we can export the number of actual seasons / episodes we have.
And TMM can "read" the total number of seasons / episodes aired ( we can check it under the missing episodes function )

If the total aired seasons or total aired episodes could be exported, then everyone could interpretate those values as they want.
(2019-09-05, 14:51)mlaggner Wrote: a) the status like ENDED is already available (${tvShow.status})

Thanks for your response @mlaggner 

There is a simple way to setup the complete / incomplete TV show, because really it can be complete taking into account special episodes or not.

That way, you just can put a tick mark as:
-  Consider "specials" to be complete / incomplete

That way...  Without consider specials:
-  Complete -->  if all episodes of all known season are avaible
-  Incomplete -->  If you miss any episode from any known season

If anyone want to consider specials, just using the same logic as before, but taking into account "specials".

I really think it will help to keep track of all our series, because right now there is no way to export total seasons and episodes from a TV show.  It just export the information of the episodes you have in your library.

And TMM has to have that information, since you show in blue all the missing episodes / seasons....

Regards and really appreciate not only your help, but your improvement in your excellent software.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggestion - Include Status & complete or incomplete in the rename template0