Win Why does full screen Kodi lead to "HDMI sleep"?
Noticing a very odd situation here.

Kodi is connected to a TV via HDMI through a Nvidia video card.

I first noticed a problem when the audio would stop and the TV display no signal after playing for some time while it wouldn't do so with video.  Kodi would still be playing so, sending some input would make it resume.

But on investigating, the root cause seems to be elsewhere. The above DOES NOT happen if Kodi isn't full screen, ONLY if it is. Why is this?

I have set the Windows power settings to never blank display or put it to sleep. I have verified this when Kodi isn't running or it is not full screen. The display stays on forever even if nothing is playing audio or video. Kodi itself dims after 10 minutes fullscreen or not which is my setting for Kodi.

But if I bring Kodi to full screen (have tried both windowed full-screen or not) then this blanking happens after 20 minutes or so (it first dims after 10 min which is unrelated to this) whether it is idle or audio is playing (which may be updating the screen with progress, etc).

Yes, playing some visualization or video prevents this because somehow the video subsystem of Windows/Video card does not blank out the screen when video is playing but why should the default be to blank it out when there is no video but ONLY when Kodi is fullscreen?

If I put any other program full screen (like MPC without loading any video) this does not happen.

It is not putting the computer to sleep nor is it sending any signal to the TV to go to sleep. just the HDMI seems to go to sleep.

First, is this unique to my system or can others reproduce this?
Second, is this a feature or a bug somewhere?

I have looked at powercfg /requests and there are no override requests for display at any time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why does full screen Kodi lead to "HDMI sleep"?0