Linux Intel VAAPI and MVC
According to wiki Kodi supports MVC only in hardware. Unfortunately, I haven't found there any information about Linux platforms.

In my log I can see that my VAAPI implementation supports VAProfileH264StereoHigh. When I try to play MVC samples from wiki, Kodi switches to "Hardware based 3D stereoscopic mode" (according to settings), but I see a regular 2D image. When I manually switch projector to 3D frame packing mode, the image is like an overlap of bottom and top of frames, but not a proper 3D image.

I would like add, that my hardware is configured properly: when I set Kodi's interface to side-by-side mode and switch projector to 3D side-by-side mode, I do have stereoscopic image.

Is MVC properly supported by Intel VAAPI in nowadays kernel (5.0.0.25) ?
No - we don't support it.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2019-09-03, 07:40)fritsch Wrote: No - we don't support it.
@fritsch Thank you for reply
Could you elaborate a bit on your answer? Is it Intel's VAAPI which, despite a profile, doesn't support MVC properly yet or it's Kodi itself? Is there any roadmap for that? Can users help somehow testing beta versions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI and MVC0