While trying to find out why scanning for nfs shares kodi returns nothing
(directly specifying the full nfs path works), I found this:

start kodi from the command line
add a new source
search nfs file systems

now the shell gets

sh: 1: nmblookup: not found

while kodi.log says
2019-09-03 19:34:25.329 T:139969887992512   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting nfs://
2019-09-03 19:34:25.329 T:139969887992512   ERROR: CGUIDialogFileBrowser::GetDirectory(nfs://) failed

So - why should nmblookup get involved when looking for an NFS share?

Ubuntu 19.04 kernel 5.2.11
Kodi 18.4 git: 20190831-3ade758
Check the timeline, it's used for samba, which the same dialogue also triggers.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2019-09-03, 20:47)fritsch Wrote: Check the timeline, it's used for samba, which the same dialogue also triggers.

I am not talking about a dialogue but the Menu for searching a new source (translated back from German)

- 1.86 TB disk
- Records
- Home directory
- Network filesystem (NFS)
- root filesystem
- video playlists
- windows share (SMB)
- zeroconf browser
- add a network share

I am selecting Network filesystem (NFS) which should show NFS shares. Some months (or years) ago it still did. Now, instead the error message about missing nmblookup appears.

IMHO, listing NFS shares should not involve SMB at all.

However I can add the NFS share manually with "add a network share"

So now I installed nmblookup - but still do not get NFS shares listed. From shell, the command
showmount -e s5
where s5 is in the local networks shows all nfs mounts on s5.

Are there any other requirements for getting nfs shares listed in kodi?
What are you using for the machine which provides the shares.

In case of UnRaid 6.7.x there's an open issue for not able to browse NFS shares anymore: https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/st...-nfs-r551/

I have the same problem currently. And I initially thought it's a libnfs issue. Hence I reported it here first: https://github.com/sahlberg/libnfs/issues/294

As my NAS doesn't respond to rpcinfo -b 100005 2 we found out it's an issue at UnRaid and the bugreport confirms that somehow.

So in the end, it's not a Kodi issue, AFAICT.

And yes, showmount -e <NAS-IP> works fine and I can still mount my shares by the OS. But I'm neither able to browse them via Kodi, nor am I able to browse them via the filemanager the OS (Ubuntu in that case) provides.
do you use NFSv4? because libfns doesn't support browsing for nfs4 shares iirc
(2019-09-04, 09:56)DaVu Wrote: I have the same problem currently. And I initially thought it's a libnfs issue. Hence I reported it here first: https://github.com/sahlberg/libnfs/issues/294

As my NAS doesn't respond to rpcinfo -b 100005 2 we found out it's an issue at UnRaid and the bugreport confirms that somehow.

So in the end, it's not a Kodi issue, AFAICT.

And yes, showmount -e <NAS-IP> works fine and I can still mount my shares by the OS. But I'm neither able to browse them via Kodi, nor am I able to browse them via the filemanager the OS (Ubuntu in that case) provides.

This put me on the right track. Here is the solution: https://sourceforge.net/p/rpcbind/discus...0805bc7dd/

So rpcbind on the NFS server would have to be compiled with a special option, or kodi people can persuade them to make this a runtime option instead of a compile time option.
See also https://sourceforge.net/p/libtirpc/mailm.../36377522/ for why this was not done as runtime option
in short: too much work and
Quote:I've had customers complaining about this random listening port for years and I only know of one app (rpcinfo) that used this feature so I'm fairly sure its not going to be missed...

Otherwise I guess kodi should try to find another way to find shares, maybe find all servers and use showmount on each of them.
Thanks @wolfgang61 

I'll report that to the UnRaid guys as well

@wsnipex 

nope, no NFSv4 on my side as Unraid doesn't support that by default
Why am I getting this message in the console when I only start Kodi and never ever used or configured anything samba-related and it didn't display that before?

When I start kodi with
Code:
firejail kodi
on Debian11/KDE these are the messages in the console:

Code:
/usr/bin/kodi: 1: ulimit: error setting limit (Operation not permitted)
kodi: ulimit is unsupported by this shell
failed to open zone.tab
libva info: VA-API version 1.10.0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/iHD_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_1_10
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
sh: 1: nmblookup: Permission denied
context.c:56: warning: mpd_setminalloc: ignoring request to set MPD_MINALLOC a second time

context.c:56: warning: mpd_setminalloc: ignoring request to set MPD_MINALLOC a second time

It may be related to installing and removing the Estuary Mod v2 skin (which by the way tries to read contents in all home directory folders which still hasn't been solved)...at the least I already this message back then and didn't take notice of it.

Should I make a new thread about this/these issues?
(2022-12-09, 19:29)mYnDstrEAm Wrote: [syntax]/usr/bin/kodi: 1: ulimit: error setting limit (Operation not permitted)
kodi: ulimit is unsupported by this shell
failed to open zone.tab
sh: 1: nmblookup: Permission denied
I guess this happens only with firejail.Software often loads and initializes external librabries even when it does not need them because this is easier to program.So IMHO this is a minor bug in kodi: Do not initialize unneeded external libraries or at least suppress any messages in that case. But this might not be easy to fix, especially when python is involved (search for "lazy import").

Anyway definitively a separate issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
sh: 1: nmblookup: not found0