"Failed to load language" pressing the subtitles button since Kodi 18.3
Hi,

I have this annoying problem since Kodi 18.3 (also in 18.4):
I always get this "Failed to load language" message when I click the subtitles button and I need to press the "We were unable to load your configured language. Please check your language settings." message to get to the choosing subtitles screen.
It adds another 8 clicks or so to scroll down to the message to click it so it makes it a bit annoying doing this every video.
Also, Kodi now also doesn't remember the subtitle I chose and I have to reselect it when I come back to the video after I stopped it. suddenly it downloads subtitles for many languages on its own too.

Everything is configured properly under "language" section in the player's settings.

Anyone know if there is a way to fix this?

Thanks.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2019-09-05, 05:25)Klojum Wrote: To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Sorry, I tried to upload but got the "maximum limit" error.
I now disabled the scanning media on startup, so here is the log:

https://paste.kodi.tv/otiyoqaleq.kodi

I think from line 2212 it tells something about the problem..
I'm using "transparency" skin.

Thanks.
I see issues all over the log with CSettingsManager, it must be the culprint.
Now I only need some expert to point me what to do with this knowledge. My Kodi is not installed on the default directory if it's of any use. I also tried switching to the default skin but it made no difference.
Rename your current Kodi profile folder to something temporary, and restart Kodi so it can create a fresh profile. Just to see if the error is in the settings.
(2019-09-05, 14:31)Klojum Wrote: Rename your current Kodi profile folder to something temporary, and restart Kodi so it can create a fresh profile. Just to see if the error is in the settings.

Do you mean the windows User folder? I don't think you can change that.. maybe you mean create a temp windows user account to test?

EDIT:
Nevermind, 
I did that and the problem dissapears, so the problem is in the settings.
Do you think I should just start over and fill all the settings from the start or maybe there is a way to fix this without this "format"?
You could try to re-use your old profile, and leave out its guisettings.xml file so Kodi can create fresh one.
Ok, tried it. The bug is not from the guisettings.xml file..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Failed to load language" pressing the subtitles button since Kodi 18.30