TMDB 'Default' Trailer links
I've noticed a few times now, that the trailers (played from the Movie Information 'trailer' button) for movies that I have in my library are not very good.

Eg They are often Teaser Trailers and sometimes worse. For example, if I try to play the trailer for Alita: Battle Angel, then I get a Behind the Scenes video (the first BTS video https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/399579-...uage=en-US)

I believe the link for the trailers is scraped when the movie is imported using TMDB and is stored in the video database. I can confirm that the Trailer video key/id for Alita in the database matches this Behind the Scenes video.

Is this the same for everyone, or is something screwey in my setup?

Thanks for any advice Smile
@Wilson

I can confirm your findings for the movie Alita, but there is nothing I can do as the developer @olympia will need to look into it.

I tried a few other movies - Avengers:Endgame, Tomorrowland, John Wick Chapter 3 – Parabellum (2019) and I could not replicate the problem. Correct trailers were scraped

If you can advise other movies where the problem occurs, it might lead to figuring out why it happens.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks @Karellen, I will gather more information Smile
Try with [metadata.common.themoviedb.org] v3.1.10

I expect that there might be some side effect of this on other titles... Let's see.
Here are some more examples of links to Teaser Trailers.

Captain Marvel (2019) - Default trailer is 30 second teaser trailer. Its the first video in the Teasers section for the movie on TMDB.
Ghostbusters (2016) - This one is a VERY teaser teaser trailer. It actually says the date of the release of the actual trailer lol Smile
Pitch Perfect 2 (2015) - 41 second teaser trailer.
The Force Awakens (2015) - 45 second teaser trailer.
Venom (2018) - Teaser trailer, albeit a long one.
The Wolf of Wall Street (2013) - 32 second teaser trailer.
(2019-09-08, 11:29)olympia Wrote: Try with [metadata.common.themoviedb.org] v3.1.10

I expect that there might be some side effect of this on other titles... Let's see.

Hi @olympia , how do i do that? Smile
If it has not downloaded on your system yet, then you can download the zip file and install via zip... http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/leia/metad...viedb.org/

Thanks @olympia Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Okay thanks guys, will give it a go.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMDB 'Default' Trailer links0