• 1(current)
Release Ace 2 - 1.6.0 - Kodi Leia
ACE 2 - OVERVIEW
The new Ace 2 skin has changed. The skin leaves it small and limited to become a large and powerful skin, in some cases more powerful than Aeon MQ 8 and with amazing performance.
Much code has been rewritten. Much has been rethought or improved to achieve maximum customization and performance.

MAIN MENU
- New layout based on text, icons and colors.
- Reminders for items in progress and suggestion based on last played media.
- New layout for context menu submenus.
- Option to set background as collection fanarts, which will automatically appear for any menu with related content.

THIRD GENERATION WIDGETS
- A brand new selector organized by categories, also includes sorting and sorting options in the same window.
- A new code provides over 200% faster widget loading speed compared to Aeon MQ 8.
- Direct access to playlists and nodes. You no longer need to create an item in the main menu to have playlist widgets, you can now choose any existing playlist or node independently.
- The well-known feature called My Menu now gives way to Custom Favorites. Each of the 20 menus can have a set of independent custom favorite widgets. You can create a list with unique or mixed content with movies, sitcoms, addons and etc ..
- New button for Custom Widget where it is possible to include a url for exclusive content.

VIEWS
- A new view called Tech has been incorporated. It has a modern look and fully customizable.
- A new view called SetsPlus has been incorporated. Displaying all items present within the set.
- The right list, Frame, and Wall views have been improved layout.
- The media label bar now shows audio and subtitle languages ​​graphically, with the language, channel and audio codec flag.

VIDEO PLAYBACK WINDOW
- New layout for the Pause window with milimalist design.
- Video Info window with cast widgets.
- New OSD menu bar with several built-in functions like direct access to audio tracks, subtitles and my note.

MUSIC PLAYBACK WINDOW
- New layout, more organized and complete.
- Artist Info window with discography widgets.
- New OSD menu bar, with several built-in functions such as direct access to upcoming tracks, backgrounds, my note, preview effects and playlist.

MAIN MENU CUSTOMIZATION
- Improved, cleaner and more organized layout.
- New feature called My Submenu. Some menus have a default submenu, others have no submenu. In this case just choose an empty set and include in it the submenus you want or you can also clone the submenu from another menu. This feature eliminates many idle lines of code while giving more customization power. With My Submenu there is no longer the limitation of shared submenus as there is in Aeon MQ 8. Each menu has its own independent set.

MAIN MENU - ICON SELECTOR
Icon selector for the Main Menu. You can choose between internal or external icons. You can also change the box color of each menu.

MAIN MENU - COMPOSITIONS
Composition is a background image for the Menu bar, where you can choose a background image, a folder with multiple images, or even an animated gif.

SKIN CUSTOMIZATION
- Option to choose between light mode or dark mode.
- In addition to the familiar options for setting panel and title colors, it is now also possible to change the color of the entire skin text, as well as the color of the hover button.

NETFLIX
- In the Replace selector now all add-on options are available. You can create a menu with direct access to any item and include all other options as submenus.
- In addition to the menu the skin also offers full support for Netflix widgets.

WEATHER WINDOW
- Completely reformulated, with grouped information where it is possible to see the current condition and also hourly separated by color between morning, afternoon, night and dawn.
- No longer need to define between northern or southern hemisphere, Ace 2 does this automatically based on the geographic coordinates of the chosen city.

RESETTING ADJUSTMENTS
- The Reapply adjustments function has been improved. Main menu customization is not affected using this function, only the general settings will be reset.
- Full Reset function is still available and resets all skin settings back to default.

GENERAL
- My note - In the media info windows and also during playback you can set a personal note. This note will appear as My Rating in all windows where there is rating information.
- Several windows have been reviewed to improve navigation and overall experience.
The first Ace had new code and interesting ideas, which underpinned the creation of Aeon MQ 5.
The story repeats with Ace 2, the skin that will be used as the basis for the future Aeon MQ 9.

** UPDATED **

BUILD 1.6.0 - RELEASE DATE 11/6/2019
Changed: The skin has the wrong aspect ratio on some screens.
Fixed: The season poster is not displayed correctly.[/b]

Build 1.5.0 available in 10/8/2019

CHANGELOG
New: Music/submenu - ROLES item.
New: Music Visualization - option to show/hide discart.
New: Music Visualization - option to show/hide clearlogo.
New: Music Visualization - support to clearart if available.
New: Dialog Video Info - file path information.
New: added Russian Mpaa flags.
New: Support to multiple aspect ratio.
New: Added flag to DSD audio.
New: Added media art to 8K - media flag, media case and video codec flag.
Changed: Main Menu - removed library status for video nodes.
Fixed: Music Visualization/Lyrics - if the lyrics is displayed you cannot use ESC to exit the window.
Fixed: Virtual keypad - the SPACE button has the wrong title.
Fixed: Screen Calibration Window - missing itens.
Fixed: Startup intro.
Fixed: Touch screen navigator.
Fixed: 4K flag - the flag has a typo.
Fixed: Within the collection you must use ESC/back three times to return the Home window on some systems.
Fixed: Music Visualization - audio codec flag is missing in some cases.

------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
Congrats, its beauty, and powerful, a masterpiece.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Simply Awesome!
Pretty nice indeed, too bad it doesn't support 21:9 screens.
Or maybe my setup is ignoring it.
Klojum, only 16:9 for now.
Understood.
@Wanilton - How do I go about adding a Weather widget to the main menu?

Thanks,

Shedrock
The skin has many widgets available for main items, but Marcos doesn't put support for Weather Widget yet, sorry.

Skin has native weather indicator

About how to access widget selector

- If no widgets are set and no reminder is displayed, up arrow goes to the widget selector as it is already known.
- If there are no widgets set but there is a reminder on the screen, you can use the up arrow after the reminder or use the left arrow over the reminder.
- If widgets are set, you can access the widget selector from the button in the footer or use the left arrow over the reminder.
(2019-09-08, 22:08)Wanilton Wrote: The skin has many widgets available for main items, but Marcos doesn't put support for Weather Widget yet, sorry.

About how to access widget selector

- If no widgets are set and no reminder is displayed, up arrow goes to the widget selector as it is already known.
- If there are no widgets set but there is a reminder on the screen, you can use the up arrow after the reminder or use the left arrow over the reminder.
- If widgets are set, you can access the widget selector from the button in the footer or use the left arrow over the reminder.
No problem. I figured out how to use the widgets. I was just curious how to access the weather widget, but I understand that it has not been implemented.

Thanks,

Shedrock
Absolutely awesome skin ,Thank you.
Basic question , I know but , in "customise menu items" , I can't figure out how to move an item up or down the list to change its postiion?
@ontap

It's the same in any MQ skin, use the replace function for it. Choose one item on the left side replace for any other available on the right side.
Hi, it might be my end but , when you bring up the on screen keyboard, the box between , "English Querty" and "Backspace" , is labeled as "Done" , should it be "Space" ? , only posting this as I had to call my daughter to the Mac and try and find the "space" option for me duh  Smile
Thanks for the report, it's label wrong, will be fixed in the next release.

DialogKeyboard.xml change line 841 to
Code:
<param name="label" value="$LOCALIZE[20182]" />
Thanks a lot for this amazing and wonderful skin.
Is there a way to have custom backgrounds for each menu item, as in one for movies, different one for TV etc.

and thanks for the hard work and cool skin
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ace 2 - 1.6.0 - Kodi Leia1