TMM crashes on start
Hello,

it's not a fault of TMM, the application runs on my Mac and one Win 10 based PC perfect. The problem I have is when I try to start it on my media PC and I have used the nightly builds over a long time. After the application crashed after the start splash screen I tried to use the official release and after reading the logs of TMM I also tried to reinstall JAVA for my 64bit system. Went on with several JAVA versions with no success. Even a fresh installed TMM without any settings or library items didn't work. What is the problem and mybe you have an idea how to solve it?

Rgds, Thomas

Logs: https://paste.kodi.tv/rorulumuvu
Strange, I have never seen a runtime error at this location.

But image loading also depends on native libs (but is completely handled by Java itself)..
which Java version (and vendor) and which os do you have installed? Maybe some arm architecture?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
I'm using it on Win 10 Pro Version 1803. I tried several Java Version because I tought it's some sort of Java update issue. Right now I'm using jre1.8.0_221 since I was using jdk also and version 12 this cannot be the issue. I installed the 64bit version and after that the 32bit. As running now again with Java 8 this should be fine as TMM relies on version 7+.

Reinstalling the sytem is the only option since on other systems it's working linux, OSX, even my other Win x64 PC. The error seems to be in somewhere else.
just had a look on the code - could it be that there is a damaged image file in the movie which would be selected at startup? 

looks that there is a problem with loading the _internal_ scrapers (more exact the images which are provided for the scrapers). Looks like some sort of damaged tmm installation?
Or do you have a custom scraper in your /plugins path?
If you are just using the tmm scrapers, try to delete the following files:

Code:

tmm.jar
\plugins\*.jar

and re-launch tmm (or directly the tmm updater)

I will harden the loading for the next version.
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
thanks for the answer after deleting the plugins the application runs. It's interesting you mentioned a possible corruption of a movie:

I even have the same problem when all settings are on default and starting a fresh downloaded portable TMM version and entries in movies.json look like this.

"movieDataSource" : [ ],
okay, than this must have been a corrupted scraper (or 3rd party scraper?)..
nevertheless that crash should not occur any more in 3.0.5

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMM crashes on start0