Create banners
Hi can someone tell me how to create banners  or is there a guide written somewhere
@aceuk

There is a site that hosts banners for moves, music and tv shows... https://fanart.tv

If you want to create your own then you will need photo editing software like photoshop or gimp.

This page will detail the image specifications so they are correctly displayed in Kodi and accepted by fanart.tv if you choose to share them... https://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork_types
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-09-08, 03:53)Karellen Wrote: @aceuk

There is a site that hosts banners for moves, music and tv shows... https://fanart.tv

If you want to create your own then you will need photo editing software like photoshop or gimp.

This page will detail the image specifications so they are correctly displayed in Kodi and accepted by fanart.tv if you choose to share them... https://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork_types
Kareĺlen - sorry for the double post. I was on a tablet and the submit button appeared to be stuck so I pressed it again resulting in a double post. I should have put more detail in my question. I have gimp and created an image of  size 1000 x 185 (which was the size of other banners I have). The problem was it did not fill area for banner, so thought it was an issue with kodi.
1000 x 185 is the correct size. What area was not being filled? Is there still a problem?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-09-08, 09:39)Karellen Wrote: 1000 x 185 is the correct size. What area was not being filled? Is there still a problem?

i think I know the problem. The first image was not the correct size but is still being displayed even though it has been replaced by correct size image.
I have gone into the info page and choose art selected the banner.jpg (only 1 in the folder). While there I thought I'd check the poster and the pics being shown have been deleted (not even in the folder) Image names are same but picture have been change. Kodi does not seem to be able to refresh the folder. I have choosen load from Local source still not changing and even rebooted. Not sure what to do now.
That is the 24 hour cache delay. If you replace an image with another image with the same name, eg replace banner.jpg with a new banner.jpg, then Kodi will not update the cache for 24 hours since the original image was checked. Just need to wait.
My Signature
(2019-09-08, 21:05)Karellen Wrote: That is the 24 hour cache delay. If you replace an image with another image with the same name, eg replace banner.jpg with a new banner.jpg, then Kodi will not update the cache for 24 hours since the original image was checked. Just need to wait.
Does 24 cache apply to everything. would explain why when I change different things it seems to hold original info.
Applies to artwork only. Does not apply to the metadata. Metadata changes are immediate.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Create banners0