More flexible scraper settings
TMM really is a near perfect program for managing media,
I only have some issues / wishes for the scraper, as settings are not very flexible here.

I mainly have issues with auto renaming files containing the media languages.
It would be perfect to be able to use the ${audioLanguageList} variable, but as I use *.m4v Files mainly that have an AAC fallback audio line,
this results in duplication [deu, deu, eng, eng], as there are a AAC and AC3 stream for every language.
Perfect solution would be to allow for detection of AAC fallback streams.

Using the Language field filled in manually is also trouble, as this field is updated and overwritten with garbage data every time scraping is done (it takes some random language data of the IMDB,...) entry.
And there is no way to deselect scraping that field in the settings.

Another issue is the rating field. I would love to use the rating frmo IMDB, but use the other fields frmo the TheMovieDB scraper.
Only solution is to scrape twice, and do a second run with IMDB rating to be scraped only.
It would be so great to do scraping in one run with different fields being filled from different scrapers.

The rating field is always completely overwritten, even though it allows more than one entry.
So if you manually add ratings and do scraping, everything is gone, as the scraper does not append, but overwrite information in there.
Well, we only utilize MediaInfo for that.
When we have 4 embedded audio streams, we simply list em - there is no comparison or whatsoever done.
Language should be also read by MediaInfo from stream, so you might wanna post a XML output from that file....
(never seen/heard of fallback stream?!)

Please have a look at the UniversalScraper, which should be able to mix different Metadata based on your preferences....
Need to check the overwriting, though...
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Overwriting data from a scraper if the essence of tmm! Whenenver you do a scape you expect tmm to use the data from the metadata provider to fill into tmm (and thus overwriting the old one).
I see no problem here! if you have custom content, you shall not pull online data into that fields!
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager Weblate
Sad 
(2019-09-17, 09:02)mlaggner Wrote: Overwriting data from a scraper if the essence of tmm! Whenenver you do a scape you expect tmm to use the data from the metadata provider to fill into tmm (and thus overwriting the old one).
I see no problem here! if you have custom content, you shall not pull online data into that fields!

will there be an option for using a different subtitle scraper(s) at some stage?  My ISP has a lot of sites that offer downloading of movie/tv related content (toerrent sites etc.) blocked and unfortunately, opensubtitles.org is on that list so it doesn't work for downloading subs in TMM. Sad
there are not much sites offering a _robust_ API for downloading subtitles.
we already tried thesubdb but for some reason (I cannot remember exactly) we did not continue with that
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager Weblate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
More flexible scraper settings00