Kodi constantly dropping QNAP NFS share
Hi all,

A problem has appeared with my Kodi library that has me stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My setup: LibreELEC 8.90.003 9.0 (kernel: Linux 4.17.6), Kodi 18.0-ALPHA3 (Git: 269a24c), QNAP TS-873.

Background: The system has been running smoothly for years. There have been no recent changes in the equipment or the overall setup, no recent firmware updates, etc.

The problem: When trying to play certain movies from the library (hosted on the QNAP share, connected via NFS), I now often get the "This file is no longer available. Would you like to remove it from the library?" error message. Trying to access the underlying source folder via File Manager produces the "Cannot connect to network server" error message. However, if I then start the process of adding that same underlying folder as a new source and browse into it via NFS in File Manager, it seems to "re-awaken" the connection. Then I can play the movie without any problems, either by browsing into it from File Manager or even directly from the Library. This "re-awakening" doesn't last, however. If I then try to play another movie from the same source, more often than not the connection is lost again and I have to go through the same process to "wake up" the NFS connection and to get the system to "see" the movie and play it. To complete the puzzle, the problem seems completely random; sometimes the same files that caused problems previously play first time, with no issues at all.

Not sure if this is a Kodi issue, or a QNAP issue, or maybe even a router issue, but as mentioned there have been no recent changes in settings and I have no idea what causes this dropping of the NFS share from time to time.

Debug loghttps://paste.kodi.tv/urugekiyaz

Many thanks in advance to anyone who could shed some light on this!
Why are you on Alpha3?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2019-09-08, 13:18)fritsch Wrote: Why are you on Alpha3?

No idea, tbh! I was trying to upgrade Kodi and that's the link I followed at the time, I guess. Is that the source of the issue you think?
between Alpha3 and kodi final or 18.4 is nearly 1.5 years of changes.

I don't have exactly one in mind for NFS, but before checking the logfiles in detail, please upgrade to 18.4
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2019-09-08, 14:27)fritsch Wrote: between Alpha3 and kodi final or 18.4 is nearly 1.5 years of changes.

I don't have exactly one in mind for NFS, but before checking the logfiles in detail, please upgrade to 18.4

OK thanks fritsch, will do. Odd that it had been working perfectly for many months, but anyway, will upgrade now and report back
According to: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/15194 it should be fixed in LE since January.
(2019-09-08, 14:45)fritsch Wrote: According to: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/15194 it should be fixed in LE since January.

That's very helpful, thank you. I have just upgraded to 18.4 (seemingly the latest available on LibreELEC). So far all files seem to play as normal. Will report back in case the issue returns.

Thanks again for the prompt assistance!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi constantly dropping QNAP NFS share0