Various Artist
I'm using V18.3 with Aeon MQ8 skin. I have some Various Artist Albums. The problem is that the album artist on the VA albums also appear seperatly  in the artist list ( as if they have an album). I can stop this by disable the "show song & album artist". The problem with doing this is the tracks only show Track no. /Artist (no title of song). How can I get around this
If you only want to see album artists in the (default) artists node then yes you need to disable the "show song & album artist" setting. You can also find and use the Album Artists node - that always only shows album artists regardless of theat setting. It is located under the Roles item in the main music library screen (hence why I say "find"), but you can always move it to some where more convient.

But the "show song & album artist" setting, or the node used,  does not effect how songs are shown.
Quote:the tracks only show Track no. /Artist (no title of song)
I suspect that is because you have accidentally edited the "track naming template" setting, that controls what is shown for the songs in the list, it is an easy mistake to make.  See https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Mu...g_template, check what you have in  Settings > media > music  and correct it to include song title. The default setting is [%N.]%A-%T
Dave that was it the -%T was missing.No idea how that happened. Thanks

As for " the Album Artists node - that always only shows album artists regardless of theat setting. It is located under the Roles item in the main music library screen (hence why I say "find"), but you can always move it to some where more convient." I don't know what a node is or how to find it
On Estuary home screen click on Music on the left hand menu to show the main music library screen.

Different skins show things in different ways, but all have a main music library screen offering "Genres", "Artists", "Albums", "Songs", "Recently Added Albums", "Recently Played Albums", "Years", "Compilations", "Files", "Playlists","Roles" etc. etc. , and when you click on one of those you see a screen with that content. Well that is what I mean by nodes. They may be just a list of titles, or icons list or icon wall, that appearance all depends on the skin hence a generic name "node" rather than list, but they can be called menu items sometimes too (although that can be confused with the context menu). Some nodes have other other nodes beneath e.g. "Roles" has several items including "Album artists".

The layout of these nodes is user configurable, so you can put the ones you use most first, remove others entirely or add new custom nodes.
(2019-09-08, 23:44)DaveBlake Wrote: On Estuary home screen click on Music on the left hand menu to show the main music library screen.

Different skins show things in different ways, but all have a main music library screen offering "Genres", "Artists", "Albums", "Songs", "Recently Added Albums", "Recently Played Albums", "Years", "Compilations", "Files", "Playlists","Roles" etc. etc. , and when you click on one of those you see a screen with that content. Well that is what I mean by nodes. They may be just a list of titles, or icons list or icon wall, that appearance all depends on the skin hence a generic name "node" rather than list, but they can be called menu items sometimes too (although that can be confused with the context menu). Some nodes have other other nodes beneath e.g. "Roles" has several items including "Album artists".

The layout of these nodes is user configurable, so you can put the ones you use most first, remove others entirely or add new custom nodes.

Thanks for explaining
There's more on Nodes here https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_nodes
(2019-09-09, 12:37)jjd-uk Wrote: There's more on Nodes here https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_nodes

Thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Various Artist0