tvOS Update as a new platform for Kodi
The team were keen to provide an update on the progress of adding tvOS as an official platform in Kodi. The desire is to make this happen for Kodi 19. The expectation is to deliver the same feature set that Kodi does for the AppleTV4/4K, that supports topshelf, the siri remote and fits in well with the tvOS experience.

The team are currently tackling the major items (let's call these the `big rocks` e.g. binary addons, storage etc.) and they understand what these are. We even understand what the medium sized rocks (e.g. refresh rates etc.) are and we'll need these too before we have something that we can provide test builds for. Once we begin to provide test builds this is when the community can help with figuring out what's left to tackle (i.e. the little rocks). If we provide test builds before this time we will be inundated with reports of things that don't work that we already know about Wink. We hope you guys, our users understand this, the support burden would be immense if we provide early access builds before we deem them ready.

Thanks to @Memphiz for his work on which the majority of this is based on and to @davilla from MrMc for all their support. Thanks to @sy6sy2 for getting the tooling up and running and @kambala and @Fuzzard for contributing the lion's share of the work so far.

For those of you that are brave enough you can try to build this yourself (tvOS Build), but please bear in mind this is not ready for mainstream and the more time the team speed build questions the less time spent on getting it ready for Kodi 19!

Note: there are site's online selling Kodi 19 for tvOS, they are just re-selling (an outdated version of) what the team are working on. Please don't expect support for tvOS until it's officially launched with (hopefully) Kodi 19.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
Thank you all for your hard work.
Yep, I also want to thank you for all the work you guys investigate.
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
Thank you all for doing this!  Love
The tvOS build link you provided is a dead link.

(2019-09-09, 10:23)phunkyfish Wrote: The team were keen to provide an update on the progress of adding tvOS as an official platform in Kodi. The desire is to make this happen for Kodi 19. The expectation is to deliver the same feature set that Kodi does for the AppleTV4/4K, that supports topshelf, the siri remote and fits in well with the tvOS experience.

The team are currently tackling the major items (let's call these the `big rocks` e.g. binary addons, storage etc.) and they understand what these are. We even understand what the medium sized rocks (e.g. refresh rates etc.) are and we'll need these too before we have something that we can provide test builds for. Once we begin to provide test builds this is when the community can help with figuring out what's left to tackle (i.e. the little rocks). If we provide test builds before this time we will be inundated with reports of things that don't work that we already know about Wink. We hope you guys, our users understand this, the support burden would be immense if we provide early access builds before we deem them ready.

Thanks to @Memphiz for his work on which the majority of this is based on and to @davilla from MrMc for all their support. Thanks to @sy6sy2 for getting the tooling up and running and @kambala and @Fuzzard for contributing the lion's share of the work so far.

For those of you that are brave enough you can try to build this yourself (tvOS Build), but please bear in mind this is not ready for mainstream and the more time the team speed build questions the less time spent on getting it ready for Kodi 19!

Note: there are site's online selling Kodi 19 for tvOS, they are just re-selling (an outdated version of) what the team are working on. Please don't expect support for tvOS until it's officially launched with (hopefully) Kodi 19.
It's not dead, it's just broken (had an extra "tps://" in it).

The one in the OP should work now.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Are you just linking back to the “yab” branch? There’s nothing new in there and it’s still on 17.6, am I missing something?
(2019-09-09, 10:23)phunkyfish Wrote: The team were keen to provide an update on the progress of adding tvOS as an official platform in Kodi. The desire is to make this happen for Kodi 19. The expectation is to deliver the same feature set that Kodi does for the AppleTV4/4K, that supports topshelf, the siri remote and fits in well with the tvOS experience.

Look at this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2869270
It’s a pretty simple question to answer. Not sure why you provided another link to an older post.

Question - If there’s a branch that has the latest updates for Kodi 19 then which branch is it (direct link to branch, not a post about it)?

(2019-09-15, 12:15)phunkyfish Wrote: Look at this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2869270
Everything in that exact linked post is accurate.
Go to the post (which I took care to find so you had all the info), click branch summary, and it’s the first branch (work in progress).
This is the greatest news I've heard in ages, can't believe its taken this long - Apple TV is by far one of the best media streaming devices out there.    Ive been using the build from Memhiz for years and its been a stable go to for me over the years, can't wait to get an official branch for this platform.

Thank you so much to everyone involved.

lets get this party started..... and FYI the kodi pre-alpha build works so far - limited testing, just amazed that it loads up Smile
Is this still going to require jailbreaking/sideloading? Or is it going to be a bit like MrMC (stripped down slightly to be store-friendly) but actually keep up with Kodi's database and other release improvements?
Will not go to the store. Will be fully functioning and will require the same install process as iOS - jailbreak/side load.
Hello,

I have an Apple TV 4K with tvos 14.2. I installed Kodi 19 Alpha 3 via Appdb. When I try to install  add-on from Install from zip file I get the following message “Warning! Note that addons installed from zip (excluding served repositories) will not auto update and must be manually updated.” Is this problem solved to have auto update, or are there instructions for manual update Huh

Best regards and big thanks!

Marko

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tvOS Update as a new platform for Kodi0