Help with Music .nfo
I have in my Music Collection some artist that there is very little info on them, so not picked up on main sites. Adding basic info I understand but can't get images to work.
Here is one eg.
xml:
<artist>
    <name>UK Decay</name>
    <musicBrainzArtistID>fb45d074-81e4-42e6-a735-4e66b4c72cfb</musicBrainzArtistID>
    <sortname>UK Decay</sortname>
    <type></type>
    <gender></gender>
    <disambiguation></disambiguation>
    <born></born>
    <formed></formed>
    <biography>A widely influential post-punk/Goth band, UK Decay evolved out of The Rezistors, a standard-issue punk band formed in 1978. Singer/guitarist Steve 'Abbo" Abbott, bassist Martin 'Segovia' Smith and drummer Steven Harle formed UK Decay in 1979, and were more of the same: mid-speed, sort-of-plodding doom-laden but semi-melodic punk and there's nothing wong with that. They recorded their first single, a split release with another local band, Pneumania. It received scathing reviews from the music press and all 1,000 copies sold in double quick-time. Spon immediately left Pneumania and joined UK Decay.
               Immense cult-level popularity followed them throughout their career, as they gigged relentlessly and scored a string of hit Indie singles, moving with each release into murkier, broodier and - some would say - more pretentious waters. The Black 45 EP from 1980 caught them in their transitional punk-to-goth period, with the main cut a melodramtic tale of witchcraft, the rest a more normal-sounding batch of political songs ('Message Distortion') as well as the much more light-hearded bouncy 'Disco Romance'. Throughout, comparisons with early Adam & The Ants - partly due to Abbo's semi-camp vocals and the scratchy guitars - are self-evident. The pick of these early 45s, however, would have to be the superb anti-war anthem For My Country, which spent a staggering 32 wks in the Indie Charts. No wonder it was selected for the Punk And Disorderly compilation in 1982.</biography>
    <died></died>
    <disbanded>Active</disbanded>
    <thumb aspect="thumb"preview="https://punkygibbon.co.uk/images/u/ukdecay/photo_band_header.jpg">https://punkygibbon.co.uk/images/u/ukdecay/photo_band_header.jpg</thumb>
    <path>C:\Music\KODI .NFO\UK Decay</path>
    <fanart />
    <album>
        <title>New Hope for the Dead</title>
        <year>2013</year>
    </album>
    <album>
        <title>For Madmen Only</title>
        <year>1981</year>
    </album>
</artist>
Have I put the correct info for thumb (& what is a thumb)
What is the correct <path> 
And what is the difference between thumb and fanart
I tried making artist.nfo and putting it in Artist Info folder but did not work. So exported the single kodi file and modded it then imported it back , the biography that I added displayed but not the image.
There are some mistakes in that nfo file.

Read here and try using the template... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Music#nfo_Tags

Also, why go to the effort of trying to create nfo links for artwork. Surely it is just easier to download the artwork and save it in the Artist Information Folder?

Moved to music.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-09-09, 13:06)Karellen Wrote: There are some mistakes in that nfo file.

Read here and try using the template... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Music#nfo_Tags

Also, why go to the effort of trying to create nfo links for artwork. Surely it is just easier to download the artwork and save it in the Artist Information Folder?

Moved to music.
Karellen - Yes it will be a lot easier to save images to folder . 
I'll do that.
What is the difference between landscape & fanart as it is always fanart that seems to get selected
Both very similar, but fanart is an image without text or logos whereas landscape can be the same image with text or logos overlaid.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with Music .nfo0