Solved Opensubtitles not working
@CK77

Post the log so the addon developer can determing what the problem is.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I use a QNAP NAS with Kodi 18.6. I hae a VIP Opensubtitles Account.

Usually I downlaod subtitles in Kodi without a problem, it works for 6,7,8 subtitles but then suddently its not working anymore and all I get is an error like this in my log.
If I restart Kodi all works again. I cant say when this happens, sonetimes its days with no problems, sometimes its just 1 subtitle loads but the next already not.

I cant load the screenshot with the errormessages here. BUt you can check the errormessages here: https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Atta...-3434-JPG/
Hi Guys,

i have the same issue in Libreelec Leía.... 

‘username or password is empty or not valid’

seems like problem is persistent. Any ideas how to resolve?

thanks
I have 2 media players, one an old Minix Neo, running Kodi 17.6, and a new nVidia Shield 2019, running Kodi 18.8. Both feed of the same Synology NAS, where both have read/write access to the NAS. I just noticed that on the 18.8 version Opensubtitles (and Addic7ed) refuse to download subtitles next to the video file or in a designated directory. Both subtitle service also seem to take an inordinate amount of time to find the subtitles, often requiring to restart the process. The 17.6 version however, downloads subtitles as fast as ever and stores them right where they need to be. It appears to me therefore that there is something seriously wrong with the subtitle service of Kodi 18.x. I don't mind downgrading -- I had to do it on the Minix, as Kodi 18.3 was unable to play video files on a constant speed, and rather than waiting for non-existing help, I just reinstalled 17.6.
(2020-08-10, 14:31)hernando Wrote: seems like problem is persistent. Any ideas how to resolve?

OpenSubtitles has a daily maintenance routine.
Perhaps give it another try at a different moment in time.
(2020-10-29, 11:57)karel jansens Wrote: I have 2 media players, one an old Minix Neo, running Kodi 17.6, and a new nVidia Shield 2019, running Kodi 18.8. Both feed of the same Synology NAS, where both have read/write access to the NAS. I just noticed that on the 18.8 version Opensubtitles (and Addic7ed) refuse to download subtitles next to the video file or in a designated directory. Both subtitle service also seem to take an inordinate amount of time to find the subtitles, often requiring to restart the process. The 17.6 version however, downloads subtitles as fast as ever and stores them right where they need to be. It appears to me therefore that there is something seriously wrong with the subtitle service of Kodi 18.x. I don't mind downgrading -- I had to do it on the Minix, as Kodi 18.3 was unable to play video files on a constant speed, and rather than waiting for non-existing help, I just reinstalled 17.6.
To reply my own post: I solved the problem in the simplest, "the IT Crowd"(*) possible way: I uninstalled the Kodi 18.8 on my nVidia Shield and just reinstalled it. Lost my episode markers (heck, I have to rewatch some of them anyway), but subtitles download works again (I did select "zeroconf browser" to connect my NAS this time).

__
(*) For those who don't know this excellent comedy series, it's: "Have you tried turning it off and on again?"
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Opensubtitles not working0