pi 4 HEVC grey overlay and faded color.
HEVC and no colors and grey overlay. LibreELEC 9.002 please help.
Are other formats of file the correct colours?
Is gui the correct colour?
Make/model of display?
What HDMI mode/resolution? Does a different resolution change things?
(2019-09-10, 14:00)popcornmix Wrote: Are other formats of file the correct colours?
Make/model of display?

Other Material even non HDR HEVC are much better
GUI seem normal.
1080p Samsung TV

It seem like that only that 10bit material do make these Problems.
Can you point at a sample file that has the issue?
http://s1.demo-world.eu/uhd_trailers.php...d-DWEU.mkv
(2019-09-10, 17:28)tjost Wrote:
(2019-09-10, 14:00)popcornmix Wrote: Are other formats of file the correct colours?
Make/model of display?

GUI seem normal.
1080p Samsung TV

So its HDR to SDR because your 1080p TV cant do HDR, HDR to SDR was always not looking good.
(2019-09-11, 15:16)Lostion Wrote:
(2019-09-10, 17:28)tjost Wrote:
Make/model of display?

GUI seem normal.
1080p Samsung TV

So its HDR to SDR because your 1080p TV cant do HDR, HDR to SDR was always not looking good. 

ok. any chance?
I've got the experts here to look at a HDR video and they agree it is looking washed out.
There are a couple of things we think we might be doing wrong but they will be fixable.
I'll let you know when there is progress.
(2019-09-17, 17:09)popcornmix Wrote: I've got the experts here to look at a HDR video and they agree it is looking washed out.
There are a couple of things we think we might be doing wrong but they will be fixable.
I'll let you know when there is progress.

great thank you.
I have the same problem with washed out HDR video, but I gather this is because there is still no HDR support for the rpi4.  I came here to try and find a test LibreElec 10 build for it, but that thread seems to indicate there is still no such thing.

I'd love to be corrected wrong, though. Wink
You're not wrong.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
PS: this is with a TV that _does_ support HDR.
(2019-09-28, 01:02)Milhouse Wrote: You're not wrong.
Thanks for the confirmation, @Milhouse. Smile
I know this last post is a bit old, and I don't know if someone has found a solution for this yet. I haven't been able to find some useful information about a solution anywhere.
Just want to say that I experience the same problem. I have just bought a Raspberry Pi 4B, and noticed the washed out colors at once. Funny thing, I've been using Vero 4K+ with OSMC for the last couple of years, and I never had these problems with Vero. The colors looks nice and vibrant on that device, but on Rpi its useless. How come Vero can handle the HDR files perfectly?
(2020-10-01, 16:59)PalleO Wrote: I know this last post is a bit old, and I don't know if someone has found a solution for this yet. I haven't been able to find some useful information about a solution anywhere.
Just want to say that I experience the same problem. I have just bought a Raspberry Pi 4B, and noticed the washed out colors at once. Funny thing, I've been using Vero 4K+ with OSMC for the last couple of years, and I never had these problems with Vero. The colors looks nice and vibrant on that device, but on Rpi its useless. How come Vero can handle the HDR files perfectly?

The Vero 4K/4K+, like most AMLogic S9xx series platforms, supports HDR10 Rec 2020 output and also supports AMLogic's HDR10 Rec 2020->SDR Rec 709 tone mapping conversion.

Currently the Pi 4B doesn't support HDR10 or Rec 2020 output AIUI and has a different HDR10 Rec 2020->SDR Rec 709 conversion I believe (if it has any at all).  Whilst the core codec used for HDR10 is usually 10-bit h.265/HEVC - which the Pi 4B has no problems playing and decoding (though at one point it struggled with higher bitrates) it can't output this as Rec 2020 HDR10 flagged video (hence the possible desaturated colours, grey blacks etc which are typical of HDR content displayed unconverted as if it is SDR. ISTR that there is an HDR->SDR conversion of some sort potentially now, but it may not be that great) 

I would not recommend a Pi 4B for replay of HDR10 and/or Rec 2020 material currently.

Almost all 4K/UHD/2160p HEVC movies are going to be HDR10 Rec 2020 (as UHD Blu-rays are pretty much 100% HDR10 - even those with Dolby Vision have a core HDR10 stream).  

Almost all 1080p movies are going to be Rec 709 SDR - which will play fine and be output in Rec 709 SDR.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pi 4 HEVC grey overlay and faded color.0