Kodi for android 4.4.2
Hello

I'm searching for Kodi builids to work on a tablet Acer Iconia A1-830 running android 4.4.2.

I've tried Mygica fork for 4.4.2, it installs fine but crashes on start. Does not work.

Also tried SPMC. It works but it's full of bugs and most addons don't work on them.
I'm looking for something more Kryton like!

Any suggestions on running Kodi on older tablet (android 4.4.2) are welcome,

Thank you
Take a look at builds by tetramarreta
(2019-09-11, 03:42)trogggy Wrote: Take a look at builds by tetramarreta

Thank you for your suggestion Sir.
I downloaded the .apk files to my tablet but they do not open for install.
Any help on what I should do to run a newer version/fork of kodi for my device running android 4.4.2. ?
My device: https://www.gsmarena.com/acer_iconia_a1_830-5930.php

Thank you for any help
(2019-09-11, 01:02)TVJesus Wrote: Hello

I'm searching for Kodi builids to work on a tablet Acer Iconia A1-830 running android 4.4.2.

I've tried Mygica fork for 4.4.2, it installs fine but crashes on start. Does not work.

Also tried SPMC. It works but it's full of bugs and most addons don't work on them.

Thank you
Have you tried FTMC on the Freaktab forums?

Its still maintained and is based on Jarvis

Latest version is: FTMC Jarvis 16.2.31

(google on that and should take you to freaktab forums) - only install from actual freaktab though, theres all sorts of undesirable randoms mirroring old versions.
And also be aware that many addons will not work on such an older version, and of course they are no longer supported by us (and the forks aren't supported by us at all, but their makers usually do).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-09-12, 03:46)dm21912 Wrote:

Thank you

(google on that and should take you to freaktab forums) - only install from actual freaktab though, theres all sorts of undesirable randoms mirroring old versions. 

I'm using SPMC wich is based on Jatvis as well. And like I said many add-ons don't work and there's lots of bugs since it's not supported anymore.
Do you have a link to FTMC?
When I search for links at freaktabs it says "permission denied".
(2019-09-13, 00:19)TVJesus Wrote:
(2019-09-12, 03:46)dm21912 Wrote:

Thank you

I'm using SPMC wich is based on Jatvis as well. And like I said many add-ons don't work and there's lots of bugs since it's not supported anymore.
Do you have a link to FTMC?
When I search for links at freaktabs it says "permission denied".  

I didnt post a link as I didnt know if there was anything dodgy on FT that the mods wouldnt like, but I will risk their wrath

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-play...is-16-2-31

Its literally first thing on google if you had searched on "FTMC Jarvis 16.2.31" Wink

note that for android they do two versions, one for rockchip and one for regular arm

as noted above though, you may find a lot of add-ons wont work. (Even FTMC which was well maintained hasnt seen an update since early 2018)
There was a fork/version of their Kodi which was banned as it came stuffed full of banned addons (wiki). But the original plain vanilla versions is OK.

So don't worry, the one you linked to there isn't going to incur the wrath of mod Wink

That said we don't support devices using it here, simply as we don't know what they've done to the code to get it running which means we can't help when it doesn't...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks for all your answers!

FTMC appers to work better than SPMC less buggy with keyboard.
However FTMC is based on Jarvis like SPMC so some addons just don't work.

Is there something based on Krypton for older android tablets running 4.4.2?

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi for android 4.4.20