Bug Too long file path cut of in dialog boxes
Hi,

just wanted to know if this issue is known. Paths that are too long are cut off in some dialog boxes which makes it impossible to read. The screenshot below is an example of this.

Steps to reproduce:

- remove video sources
 - go to Settings -> Media -> Clean Library
 - Dialog pops up

This is annoying because I couldn't read the full path. I would expect the path to be either broken down into multiple lines or to be in a scrolling mode (like the deprecated marquee HTML tag).

Is this known? Are there way to get the full path?

My system:
Code:
$ kodi --version
18.4 Git:20190831-3ade758 Media Center Kodi
Copyright © 2005-2019 Team Kodi - http://kodi.tv

Regards,
Andre
The error would probably be included in the debug log (wiki), and in there you should be able to read the full path.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Yeah (log). Should still be visible in the GUI, though :-)

Should this issue be moved to the skin section?

The log says:
Code:
 ------ Window Init (DialogConfirm.xml) ------
INFO: Loading skin file: DialogConfirm.xml

I have no experience with different skins. I always used the default one :-)
You can access the log within the GUI, but I agree with you that it's not ideal.

I'll move to the skin section, as you're right that's a more appropriate place for it.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-09-11, 13:26)DarrenHill Wrote: You can access the log within the GUI, but I agree with you that it's not ideal.
Haven't tested that, yet. I don't have this issue on my productive Kodi system due to shorter file paths. This  just happened on my development PC while testing something different. :-)
Thanks for moving this issue. Laugh

For everyone else: I'm using the default Kodi theme (Estuary). Has this been reported before?
@bugwelle

Your issue seems similar to this problem I reported which @Hitcher was kind enough to fix... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16407

Maybe an Issue report on github may receive more attention? The skinners are quite quick to react to problems with the default skin.

In this case I think showing the right most portion of the text would be preferable and truncating the beginning of the path, or scrolling.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
This is because Kodi treats a path as one long word and won't wrap it.

Needs a core change as a skin can't do anything about it I'm afraid.
(2019-09-13, 00:28)Karellen Wrote: In this case I think showing the right most portion of the text would be preferable and truncating the beginning of the path, or scrolling.
Agree.
I've opened an issue on GitHub: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/16614

Regards,
Andre
(2019-09-13, 09:23)Hitcher Wrote: Needs a core change as a skin can't do anything about it I'm afraid.
Oh, didn't see your comment. We commented at the same time it appears.
That's a shame. Undecided
If it were some minor change then I'd have a look at it an try to fix it myself. Core changes on the other hand are a different topic.
Ok. thanks @Hitcher
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Too long file path cut of in dialog boxes0